PDA

View Full Version : What would you do...

JUZENO
03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
What would you do if you belonged to an online car forum, like this one! Your looking to get a nice new-to-you fresh whip for the summer. Something that you can throw different wheels on and maybe seats or whatever, so that it looks new on the city streets and you, being a trusting person you are, thinking that another member wouldn't screw you over. because your part of the community and we look out for each other.

So you pay TOP dollar to get your self a shinny new car, and your so called "fellow" member say "it's a solid car, mechanically sound, origanally from edmonton, and yeah that is the true kilometers on the car, that's why I want so much for it, LOW K!!"

So you being the trusting person you are say okay lets take her for a drive! :burnout:

VTEC pulls hard and the car drives straight and brakes great! you make an offer and he says "NO! if you can do $6,000 we have a deal!" I say "throw in the rims and I'll be happy to pay up!" he says "oh sorry, I sold them"

So you think, OK the car runs sick, I can get better rims, the ones he had were whack any ways :whocares:

So the next day you take her out to the shop to fix the "little" things and find out the KMS were rolled back :facepalm: and that THE FUEL LINES ARE LEAKING!!!:banghead: :banghead:

So you say to your mechanic buddy, keep checking it out! I'll be back, and when you get back he says "I put together a quote for you, I gave you the family discount on labor and parts"

You look at the quote and it needs OVER $4000 in work! And were not even talking body work yet!:banghead: :banghead:

So!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

BECAUSE THIS HAPPENED TO ME ON JANUARY 27, 2009.

I wanna know what YOU would do?

badatusrnames
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I would say you have a horrible sig.

Otherwise, your little story is self explanatory.

al-ti2d
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
i would say life is tough and for you to learn how to properly get a car checked before buying it

Redlyne_jr
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
what kind of car?

psycoticclown
03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
:drama:

But seriously, you should be able to win in a civil suit, since the car was misrepresented (the rolled back KMs is a sure thing), but it's going to take you time. If it was a dealer, than definitely talk to AMVIC.

ExtraSlow
03-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I'd have gotten it checked out before I bought it. Why what would YOU do?

HiTempguy1
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Your mechanic "buddy" is trying to screw you. He's a mechanic, fixing shit (even if it doesn't really need to be fixed) earns them money. Having said that, it is kind of hard to finf $4k worth of stuff wrong with a car. Even on my piece of crap nissan pickup, cambodian tire could only find $1600 (including parts) worth of stuff to do... including replacing the bald ass tires (note: I went and got a second opinion, did some work to the truck myself, passed with flying colors).

turbotrip
03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
i would put a gun in his mouth and ask for the money back

03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
you should have done a pre purchase inspection, or carproof.

Buyer Beware.

Everyone is out to make a quick buck anyway possible, it would be ignorant to think otherwise.

funkedelic2
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
you should have not trusted everything he had said and done a better job of checking out the car. There is a guide on this forum which gives you a ton of tips of things you should do and check before even considering buying.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
i would put a gun in his mouth and ask for the money back

I like the way you think...:rofl:

And where is this thread that tell me what I should be looking for before I take a look at any car? I can't seem to find it... Maybe i should get my eyes checked out?

The car is a DC2 :drool: :love:

Tik-Tok
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by JUZENO

And where is this thread that tell me what I should be looking for before I take a look at any car? I can't seem to find it... Maybe i should get my eyes checked out?

You need a internet thread to tell you how to properly buy a used car?

You need to step away from the computer man.

Stunt66
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 410440
you should have done a pre purchase inspection, or carproof.

Buyer Beware.

Everyone is out to make a quick buck anyway possible, it would be ignorant to think otherwise.

That's the only tip you need OP. Just because they're a member on here or whatever forum you're on doesn't mean you can trust them. There's even a couple stories on here of longtime members screwing people.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 10:05 AM
See my problem is, I'm very impulsive. :eek:

Well it's not such a big deal, I mean it's a sick platform for a project. :facepalm:

2.0L_turbo
03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
was it marked down as is where is ??? if not i would use the old buyers remorse gig if you dont like the car or you need the money back within 5 days you can get either back... unless its marked as is where is

911fever
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
you should have not trusted everything he had said and done a better job of checking out the car. There is a guide on this forum which gives you a ton of tips of things you should do and check before even considering buying.

didn't we create a good used car buying thread? where'd it go? did it get stickied?

scat19
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
:confused:

WWJD!

Eleanor
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by scat19
WWBBD! Fixed :D

Masked Bandit
03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by scat19
:confused:

WWJD!

What Would Jaymez Do?

:D

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by 2.0L_turbo
was it marked down as is where is ??? if not i would use the old buyers remorse gig if you dont like the car or you need the money back within 5 days you can get either back... unless its marked as is where is

Nope, it's not marked that at all..... problem is this guy changed his phone number the day after the sale! I went to his house and nobody was home... I guess I should just keep knocking on his door and ... :guns:

G-ZUS
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Post his user name so we all know who the crook is

GQBalla
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
the integra your trying to sell eh?

i would get your money back, was there a bill of sale?

did you run any checks or inspect the car before you bought it?

post username

Xtrema
03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

That for one.

And should have check it out before paying and signing bill of sale.

Also, are you sure bill of sale has valid info of seller in case it becomes a lawsuit?

cyrusli
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
+1 on the username.

as for the KM rollback, it could possibly he put in a new cluster.. just a thought.

and yes, do get the car inspected before you sign any papers..

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM

his user name is... "pf0sh0"

Yeah the bill of sale was on the back of his old registration card. So it has the car info but nothing about him. But I was there when he opened his garage and it was him that answered the door when I knocked to go buy...

Problem was I bought the car at night! NEVER buy a car at night.. I know! NOW!

Yeah it's the car i'm trying to sell.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by cyrusli
+1 on the username.

as for the KM rollback, it could possibly he put in a new cluster.. just a thought.

Yeah he put in a JDM cluster... but I didn't know that till later on.... I'd never seen a JDM cluster till now. They're cool with the amber glow and all.... :facepalm:

A790
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
pf0sh0 scammed you? No fucking way. I don't know him personally, but he seems to have a good rep here. I'm interested in hearing his side of the story as well.

SR240SX
03-11-2009, 01:04 PM
This has happend time and time again, No body scammed anyone, The seller just didnt look things through....

Shit happens....Live and learn.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by A790
pf0sh0 scammed you? No fucking way. I don't know him personally, but he seems to have a good rep here. I'm interested in hearing his side of the story as well.

Yep! You know to be honest, I've been trying to find out for about 2 months myself.

So if you know him please let him know that we ALL would like to know the story... maybe it will lead to some resolve!

eb0i
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Besides the issue of the km's being rolled back I don't see anything you can do. You were impulsive in the purchase and didn't cover your ass by doing the necessary inspections and carproof. I would say, you fucked yourself.

bituerbo
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/237743/fs-1995-integra-jdm-front-b20b/

Originally posted by pf0sh0
Odometer Reading : 244k - body 100k- Engine 150k-Tranny

Reading>OP
Your mechanic buddy and his 'family discount' should go fuck themselves.

eb0i
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
edited: due to thickening plot!

Tarrantula
03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
How is there only 100k on the body? wouldnt that mean his odometer was HIGHER than it was supposed to be?

eb0i
03-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
How is there only 100k on the body? wouldnt that mean his odometer was HIGHER than it was supposed to be?

Learn how to read.

244k on the body.

Tarrantula
03-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Man im dumb. :thumbsdow

eb0i
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
Man im dumb. :thumbsdow

That's okay, the OP just skipped that entire part.

Kloubek
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
When buying a used car, it's hard to know for sure how much the previous owner knew about it... especially if they only kept it for a short time.

He appeared to be fairly upfront with the issues he knew about in the ad. Keep in mind that ANY time you purchase a used car, you run the risk of repairs needing to be made. If you want to know what those repairs are likely to be, then you get it checked out before you buy.

The OP admits himself that he's impulsive - which appears to have led to a bad buy in this case.

So what would *I* do? Learn from the mistake and move on.

Tarrantula
03-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

That's okay, the OP just skipped that entire part.

Yeah, at least I tried to read it. :D

back to OT, sucks to hear, but hopefully we can get the story straightened out. it will work itself out pf0sh0..

Eleanor
03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Reading>OP PWNT

Did you CarFax/Proof the car?

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/237743/fs-1995-integra-jdm-front-b20b/

This is a differant car, my VIN comes up as a 94 Also as a TRUE GSR.

He say in the ad he car provide a clean car fax. Well my car fax is FAR from clean!

bituerbo
03-11-2009, 01:28 PM

This is a differant car, my VIN comes up as a 94 Also as a TRUE GSR.

He say in the ad he car provide a clean car fax. Well my car fax is FAR from clean!

So the car pictured in that classifieds post IS NOT the vehicle you purchased? So you purchased another white teg w/ jdm front and suspect milage from the same user? NO WAI!

redblack
03-11-2009, 01:29 PM
do you have the link to the car you purchased?

GQBalla
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM
link to the car you bought and also that link that was posted has a b20 not a b18c1 in OPs pics

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 02:09 PM

So the car pictured in that classifieds post IS NOT the vehicle you purchased? So you purchased another white teg w/ jdm front and suspect milage from the same user? NO WAI!

Correct, but the car I bought was black and has a GSR motor in it B18C1 and he says in that ad that the car has a B20 in it.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by redblack
do you have the link to the car you purchased?

No and I can't find it anymore. :thumbsdow

GQBalla
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
i also searched for pf0sh0's sale thread for a black integra and can't find anything.

what kinda rims did it originally have???

was it the konigs???

i wonder where his thread went.

Team_Mclaren
03-11-2009, 02:21 PM
this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245442

it was closed so you guys couldnt find it. But he edited everything before we moved it.

rumeo
03-11-2009, 02:29 PM

did you pm pfosho?

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
this:

it was closed so you guys couldnt find it. But he edited everything before we moved it.

Tha's the thread! and as you said he took down ALL the info on it.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rumeo

did you pm pfosho?

Yeah, I did but he never replies. Doesn't answer Emails and his phone number changed, but I have his house line and he never is there for some reason. :dunno:

Eleanor
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
*popcorn*

atgilchrist
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
*I'll bring the cola*

eb0i
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
this:

Wow, the plot thickens! I retract my previous statements then and definitely making some popcorn now!

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i also searched for pf0sh0's sale thread for a black integra and can't find anything.

what kinda rims did it originally have???

was it the konigs???

i wonder where his thread went.

Yeah it was the one with the konig's, bronze.

Any body know him? I sent him a PM to check out this thread, maybe he'll start being a stand up person after he sees it?

A790
03-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow, not looking good on pf0sh0's part. This might be a great time for him to chime in and defend himself...

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by A790
Wow, not looking good on pf0sh0's part. This might be a great time for him to chime in and defend himself...

For the sake of getting some answers (if nothing Else) I second that!:thumbsup:

tkirby
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
pf0sh0 is a stand up guy. Knowing him personally, he wouldn't purposefully scam you or anyone else.
It's your fault you didn't get an inspection prior to purchasing the vehicle.
Hopefully people can learn from this and always take what the seller says with a grain of salt.

*popcorn*

Redlyne_jr
03-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Yeah he put in a JDM cluster... but I didn't know that till later on.... I'd never seen a JDM cluster till now. They're cool with the amber glow and all.... :facepalm:

lol alright just to clear some things up here.. pf0sh0 stand up guy, been a member for a couple years here..

As for the car, pf0sh0 bought it exactly the way it was like in late November, start of December iv been in the car and driven the car numerous times that car pulls hard and overall is super clean drives awesome.. a little bit of orange peel in the paint but overall awesome car.. so you are implying he rolled the cluster or switched the cluster? like i said iv known this guy for years he bought the car exactly the way it was and sold it like 2 months later no changes at all, i can guarantee that in no way shape and or form did he try to misrepresent the vehicle at all.. any individual that buys a car without getting it inspected i would have to say is an idiot.. you test drove the car did you not? you openly admit that the car drives fine.. you paid for what you got... than you bitch on an online internet forum about how someone misrepresented the vehicle and scammed you...

See my problem is, I'm very impulsive. :eek: here is your problem!! extremely large FAIL on your part..:facepalm: :facepalm::closed:

5hift
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
If he's such a stand up guy and he did nothing wrong,

1) Why did he only edit his FS thread after this one was created?

2) Why is he getting his friends to come on and defend him instead of being a man and posting himself? We know he's seen the thread or he wouldnt have tried to hide the FS thread.

3) Hasnt returned any attempts from the OP to contact him?

Even if he didnt change the cluster, its pretty obvious he found out and dumped it onto someone else who didnt do proper research.

sidewaysD
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
stand up guy my ass..

changing phone numbers after the sale?

No replying to emails?

Avoiding this thread?

Editing all the info and deleting it after sale?

Sounds very stand up guy to me..

:thumbsdow

tkirby
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
He has told me his story, I just wanted to say my 2 cents.
He is going to defend himself, but you don't agree that you should always get an inspection yourself no matter what someone says?
Even if the cluster was changed this all would've been avoided had not he gotten it inspected.
Siding with the OP on being impulsive?:rofl: :facepalm:

sidewaysD
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
cool... its the buyers fault.

Is the seller a stand up good seller?

I don't think so.. Suspicious as fuck

Redlyne_jr
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by sidewaysD
stand up guy my ass..

changing phone numbers after the sale?

No replying to emails?

Avoiding this thread?

Editing all the info and deleting it after sale?

Sounds very stand up guy to me..

:thumbsdow

obviously their is going to be two sides to a story, he has his home phone.. and his address maybe his contract ended and he simply got a new phone?? the buyer is stretching the situation far beyond means.. what does he expect the seller to do? in all honesty pf0sh0 will deal with the situation in the appropriate manner, whether he feels replying to this thread or not.. the situation is between him and the buyer:banghead: :banghead:

5hift
03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~

in all honesty pf0sh0 will deal with the situation in the appropriate manner, whether he feels replying to this thread or not.. the situation is between him and the buyer:banghead: :banghead:

so you guys are whoring up this thread defending him why then

sidewaysD
03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
of course.. but if pf0sh0 wants his reputation as a good seller..

He will kind of have to clarify the situation now on this thread or somewhere else.

iam positive many of us are now skeptical on any future sales the seller has pending for his vehicles .

G-ZUS
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Obviously pf0sh0 is a chill guy

Isaiah
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
He's online now.

Redlyne_jr
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

just a heads up for you..;) the for sale thread
Last edited by pf0sh0 on 01-29-2009 at 07:16 PM.....

:facepalm: :facepalm:

so you guys are whoring up this thread defending him why then

no questions asked, im sure he will respond, give him time.. some of us have better things to do than spend all day on an online forum:thumbsup:

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by tkirby
pf0sh0 is a stand up guy. Knowing him personally, he wouldn't purposefully scam you or anyone else.
It's your fault you didn't get an inspection prior to purchasing the vehicle.
Hopefully people can learn from this and always take what the seller says with a grain of salt.

*popcorn*

Since you know him can you have him contact me, becasue even if he didn't know i would still like to talk to him. The problem here is when I tried to contact him he ran, changed his number blocked me so I couldn't email him, etc... it just looks bad on his end.

True I didn't properly check out the car and usually it's buyer beware, but you have to understand that it's also seller beware. if the bill of sale said "as is where is" I would have nothing but a shit pile of work to get done.

Problem is he made the same mistake I did, he didn't cover his ass.

Now I can't speak for him but if I was in his position, I definatly would not have changed my phone number and I would do what ever it takes to make the buyer happy.

PGTze
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Just because a guy has a lot of interweb posts, that does not make him a reputable seller. If the user is within say the first 5 - 10K registered users and they are still around (have not been banned numerous times), then I'd feel a little better about who I'm dealing with. Otherwise it's pretty much the same as responding to an ad in the paper.

G-ZUS
03-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Are you sure AMVIC is doing anything? When i bought a car form an auction and it was rolled back, i called them and they basically told me to fuck off. I had to threaten to take the guy to court to get my money back

tkirby
03-11-2009, 07:44 PM
To JUZENO, he just recently found out today as did I when he told me.
I agree that this should be handled between the two of you and he will be getting back to you.

I hope everything works out for the better for both of you.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Good, I really hope I do hear from him, I have tried a number of times to contact him and like i said before changing numbers etc... c'mon, I'm not saying he knew about all the problems, but I did let him know via email as to what was wrong with it.

After I cooled off a bit I sent him a reasonable offer, again via email as that was the only contact i had for him, saying that if he fixed the leaking fuel lines, I'd be happy with the sale.

He still didn't replay, so I think it's BS that THIS is the 1st he's hearing of it.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Are you sure AMVIC is doing anything? When i bought a car form an auction and it was rolled back, i called them and they basically told me to fuck off. I had to threaten to take the guy to court to get my money back

Yes they will and are. The case has already been assigned to an investigator. They wouldn't assin an investigator if they weren't going to do anything.

GQBalla
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
has he contacted you yet?

pf0sh0
03-11-2009, 08:50 PM
To the OP, before you begin to besmirch my name over the internet, I want to say a few things to clear some of the air. I had no intentions to ignore you or screw you over, hell, if anything it sounds like I had gotten screwed over from the person I purchased the car from. I’d also like to say I did not even gain knowledge of this until I had seen your FS ad and had seen this thread you made.

I’ll start off with a little background information. Before selling the integra to you I had only owned the car for about 2 months or so. I had traded my white integra (link posted in this thread) straight across from a fellow in Edmonton for the black GSR you have now. I had taken it for a test drive and everything just like you had, I also failed to get a proper inspection done of the vehicle. This is MY fault not the sellers. Correct? Regardless everything seemed great; VTEC pulled hard, braked great and handled great, just as you said. I am also an impulsive buyer, so I finalize the trade and felt like I made a good choice. After about 2 months I decided to sell it and move on because I was tired of the 500dB exhaust on it, the ride quality (lowered). I create FS ads on Beyond and Kijiji, after sometime “JUZENO” contacts me and we arrange times for him to come take a look at the car. As I recall, he came by twice? (Once in the day, once at night) And took it for a drive; I hid nothing from him, told him all the problems I knew of. I never once made anything difficult during the transaction; he made multiple inspections, none of which formally done by a mechanic. If an inspection was required, I would have gladly complied. I feel I was as kind and courteous as possible in the transaction. And then on January 27, 09 we come to a final agreement and the transaction is completed smoothly. You can think what you believe, but I did my best to complete the transaction as easy as possible. I think you can agree to that statement as well… I came down a fair bit in price, I met with you promptly when you wanted to look at the vehicle, I even offered a ride home after certain circumstances arose and I couldn’t sell the car to you on one occasion. I felt it was a fair deal on both parts. And today, I become aware of this thread, and I find it quite insulting that you would not at least make direct contact with me before creating a thread regarding me.

Let’s clear a few more things up while we are at it… so all the Angry Beyond members can have peace.

I never said that the car was originally from Edmonton. I simply stated I got it from Edmonton, so let’s get that straight. As far as the km’s being rolled back, I am in the same boat as him. I also didn’t know the swapped cluster deal. I myself can’t spot JDM clusters as easy as well. The previous owner never mentioned it to me when I had purchased it off him. I asked him if the kms were original he said “Yes” and I took his word for it. I believed what the previous owned had told me, and I passed on what I was told to you.

In terms of the vehicle being “mechanically sound”. I said “As far as I know this car is mechanically sound” and as far as I know (with basic knowledge of vehicles), the integra drove straight and pulled hard in VTEC and braked well...right? Which he and I both felt was a mechanically solid car. I understand how that statement does seem a bit misleading, but I must emphasize that I am not a mechanic, so as far as I knew it was a great car and hell I believed it until he came here exclaiming all these issues I had no idea about. If one feels that is “shady” you must remember I responded based on best judgment. A car that performs well and handles well is a good car which is of course why I said “As far as I know it is mechanically sound” which I deem fair coming from a non-mechanic position.

To clear another thing up, in many of his posts he talk about me constantly ignoring and dodging him, making it seem like I was a scandalous seller, he said I don’t answer emails, I changed my cell phone number and I am never home, all of which have plausible explanations to. I see how this leads you to think “hmm, maybe this fucking guy wants to scam me?”…this is understandable but I assure you I am not, but I will let you to believe what you so please... So let me explain myself… I may have missed his email because I get tons of junk mail (facebook, ads, etc.) I often give it a quick glance and delete all, just as any other annoyed email users do. But I am curious as to see what he had emailed me. In regards to changing my cell phone number, don’t you guys think that is a little extreme? My contract had ended with Rogers and therefore I got a new phone plan under my name. Regarding the statement about his phone calls to my home, many of us do work fulltime jobs and are away from our homes for the majority of the day, I received no messages at my home residence therefore it makes it hard for me to respond to you. So before you say I am ducking and dodging you, maybe you should consider other possibilities before jumping to conclusions. As I said earlier, I had only gain knowledge after seeing this thread and your previous FS ads.

I am sorry that this is how he feels. At the time I felt I sold him a solid car. I had the best intentions, you guys can believe what you want and so can the buyer. Now ask yourselves who has clearly made a mistake here. The OP had every opportunity to inspect the vehicle. I withheld nothing from him in regards to the vehicle. It was his decision to complete the transaction as soon as possible. And now that problems have been discovered in which none I was aware of he feels that I am liable. For whatever reason he feels that I am liable for all the problems, this is fairly unjustifiable, I am not a dealership, broker or car salesman of any sort, nor do I offer any kind of warranty. When the OP bought the vehicle the vehicle becomes his responsibility. Correct? I find it unreasonable for him to come after me like this.

On another note, I think we all learned something here…right? Get vehicles properly looked at before purchasing and if you decide not to. Live with it, because you scammed yourself, but if you choose not to live with it, make a beyond thread in hopes to regain some pride.

And finally, I don’t appreciate being slandered when many of you don’t know the half of it; get your facts straight before disowning people’s credibility.

thanks.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
has he contacted you yet?

Nope!

And I just want to make it V-E-R-Y CLEAR, that this thread was not bitch or wine or complain or be a cry baby! Trust me, I have heard all of it!

The point of this was to draw attention to it, so that FINALLY I can have some answers and Work with pf0sh0 to get to a respectable resolve.

All I want is to hear his side of the story and TALK TO ME! it doesn't look good to keep avoiding the situation.

I think that is something we can agree on. I just want to resolve this.

JUZENO
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
To the OP, before you begin to besmirch my name over the internet, I want to say a few things to clear some of the air. I had no intentions to ignore you or screw you over, hell, if anything it sounds like I had gotten screwed over from the person I purchased the car from. I’d also like to say I did not even gain knowledge of this until I had seen your FS ad and had seen this thread you made.

I’ll start off with a little background information. Before selling the integra to you I had only owned the car for about 2 months or so. I had traded my white integra (link posted in this thread) straight across from a fellow in Edmonton for the black GSR you have now. I had taken it for a test drive and everything just like you had, I also failed to get a proper inspection done of the vehicle. This is MY fault not the sellers. Correct? Regardless everything seemed great; VTEC pulled hard, braked great and handled great, just as you said. I am also an impulsive buyer, so I finalize the trade and felt like I made a good choice. After about 2 months I decided to sell it and move on because I was tired of the 500dB exhaust on it, the ride quality (lowered). I create FS ads on Beyond and Kijiji, after sometime “JUZENO” contacts me and we arrange times for him to come take a look at the car. As I recall, he came by twice? (Once in the day, once at night) And took it for a drive; I hid nothing from him, told him all the problems I knew of. I never once made anything difficult during the transaction; he made multiple inspections, none of which formally done by a mechanic. If an inspection was required, I would have gladly complied. I feel I was as kind and courteous as possible in the transaction. And then on January 27, 09 we come to a final agreement and the transaction is completed smoothly. You can think what you believe, but I did my best to complete the transaction as easy as possible. I think you can agree to that statement as well… I came down a fair bit in price, I met with you promptly when you wanted to look at the vehicle, I even offered a ride home after certain circumstances arose and I couldn’t sell the car to you on one occasion. I felt it was a fair deal on both parts. And today, I become aware of this thread, and I find it quite insulting that you would not at least make direct contact with me before creating a thread regarding me.

Let’s clear a few more things up while we are at it… so all the Angry Beyond members can have peace.

I never said that the car was originally from Edmonton. I simply stated I got it from Edmonton, so let’s get that straight. As far as the km’s being rolled back, I am in the same boat as him. I also didn’t know the swapped cluster deal. I myself can’t spot JDM clusters as easy as well. The previous owner never mentioned it to me when I had purchased it off him. I asked him if the kms were original he said “Yes” and I took his word for it. I believed what the previous owned had told me, and I passed on what I was told to you.

In terms of the vehicle being “mechanically sound”. I said “As far as I know this car is mechanically sound” and as far as I know (with basic knowledge of vehicles), the integra drove straight and pulled hard in VTEC and braked well...right? Which he and I both felt was a mechanically solid car. I understand how that statement does seem a bit misleading, but I must emphasize that I am not a mechanic, so as far as I knew it was a great car and hell I believed it until he came here exclaiming all these issues I had no idea about. If one feels that is “shady” you must remember I responded based on best judgment. A car that performs well and handles well is a good car which is of course why I said “As far as I know it is mechanically sound” which I deem fair coming from a non-mechanic position.

To clear another thing up, in many of his posts he talk about me constantly ignoring and dodging him, making it seem like I was a scandalous seller, he said I don’t answer emails, I changed my cell phone number and I am never home, all of which have plausible explanations to. I see how this leads you to think “hmm, maybe this fucking guy wants to scam me?”…this is understandable but I assure you I am not, but I will let you to believe what you so please... So let me explain myself… I may have missed his email because I get tons of junk mail (facebook, ads, etc.) I often give it a quick glance and delete all, just as any other annoyed email users do. But I am curious as to see what he had emailed me. In regards to changing my cell phone number, don’t you guys think that is a little extreme? My contract had ended with Rogers and therefore I got a new phone plan under my name. Regarding the statement about his phone calls to my home, many of us do work fulltime jobs and are away from our homes for the majority of the day, I received no messages at my home residence therefore it makes it hard for me to respond to you. So before you say I am ducking and dodging you, maybe you should consider other possibilities before jumping to conclusions. As I said earlier, I had only gain knowledge after seeing this thread and your previous FS ads.

I am sorry that this is how he feels. At the time I felt I sold him a solid car. I had the best intentions, you guys can believe what you want and so can the buyer. Now ask yourselves who has clearly made a mistake here. The OP had every opportunity to inspect the vehicle. I withheld nothing from him in regards to the vehicle. It was his decision to complete the transaction as soon as possible. And now that problems have been discovered in which none I was aware of he feels that I am liable. For whatever reason he feels that I am liable for all the problems, this is fairly unjustifiable, I am not a dealership, broker or car salesman of any sort, nor do I offer any kind of warranty. When the OP bought the vehicle the vehicle becomes his responsibility. Correct? I find it unreasonable for him to come after me like this.

On another note, I think we all learned something here…right? Get vehicles properly looked at before purchasing and if you decide not to. Live with it, because you scammed yourself, but if you choose not to live with it, make a beyond thread in hopes to regain some pride.

And finally, I don’t appreciate being slandered when many of you don’t know the half of it; get your facts straight before disowning people’s credibility.

thanks.

Good to hear from you,

Now that I have your side of the story, I feel alot better. In fact, I feel bad for you, that white DC2 was a SICK ride, I remember that post and I wanted it so bad but was so broke!

I never intended to draw any type of slander to your name I merely wanted an answer. But that doesn't mean that what I said was lies. please understand where I'm coming from. you owned the car, how would you feel about it if you decided to keep it and found out what I did. What would you do?

And to clear it up, unless a bill of sale has "as is, where is, without warranty or liability" the seller can be held liable under certain circumstances. roll back being a rather large one, it can be investigated. This coming from an official AMVIC investigator.

ph0sh0, I think you should contact me via PM and let me know when we can work this out? I'm a reasonable person and a stand up guy so I KNOW we can work this out like adults.

I'm finally satisfied. I never meant to cause harm, like I said I only wanted to hear from him and I was failing in my own attempts, so I thought... why not going to the people that would know him and could get ahold of him better than I. It worked and I thank all of you!

I apologize for any discredit I may have brought to your name or any offense that was taken.

Again, Thank you all for your help.

"Juzeno"

:) :closed:

pf0sh0
03-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Good to hear from you,

Now that I have your side of the story, I feel alot better. In fact, I feel bad for you, that white DC2 was a SICK ride, I remember that post and I wanted it so bad but was so broke!

I never intended to draw any type of slander to your name I merely wanted an answer. But that doesn't mean that what I said was lies. please understand where I'm coming from. you owned the car, how would you feel about it if you decided to keep it and found out what I did. What would you do?

And to clear it up, unless a bill of sale has "as is, where is, without warranty or liability" the seller can be held liable under certain circumstances. roll back being a rather large one, it can be investigated. This coming from an official AMVIC investigator.

ph0sh0, I think you should contact me via PM and let me know when we can work this out? I'm a reasonable person and a stand up guy so I KNOW we can work this out like adults.

I'm finally satisfied. I never meant to cause harm, like I said I only wanted to hear from him and I was failing in my own attempts, so I thought... why not going to the people that would know him and could get ahold of him better than I. It worked and I thank all of you!

I apologize for any discredit I may have brought to your name or any offense that was taken.

Again, Thank you all for your help.

"Juzeno"

:) :closed:

If I found out what you had learned while I still had it, I definately would be upset but would understand that it is my own fault for not thoroughlly getting inspected. I know exactly where you are comign from and understand this, I have many past experiences like this.

True as-is where is, but we also did not write any warranties on the bill of sale did we? I believe it then becomes assumable as-is. If someone would like to chime in.

I am sure you never meant to cause harm and all taht so forth. But by posting my username and all occurences you have. And you also left me an unnecessary negative feedback which is completely unwarranted seeing as how you contacted me from kijiji and never even posted in that particular FS ad.

edit- nor were you a member at the time of the FS ad on beyond.

TomcoPDR
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Private vehicle sales, AFAIK, are considered "as-is" even if it's not written.

Just a neutral comment, if the OP feels morally conflicted, your other option is to seek legal counsel. Do you think it's worth it? To my knowledge, you have to prove that pfOshO is the one who rolled back the o-meter, caused the wear and tear your mechanic found, etc... (I doubt you can claim wear and tear costs such as leaks, squeaks, that should had been discovered during PRE-purchase inspections)

(has nothing to do with phOshO): that's why curbing is so lucrutive (non-licensed individuals buying shit cars/shitty repairs/salvaged and selling it as privately owned)

Tik-Tok
03-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Yes they will and are. The case has already been assigned to an investigator. They wouldn't assin an investigator if they weren't going to do anything.

They do, how else do they know what is worth investigating, and what is whining BS? You will receive an email shortly saying there's nothing they can do, as AMVIC is for registered dealerships.

JUZENO
03-12-2009, 08:40 AM

you contacted me from kijiji and never even posted in that particular FS ad.

edit- nor were you a member at the time of the FS ad on beyond.

Where I contacted you and when I was a member has nothing to do with it. I still was looking at the ads posted on the site. I don't even see how I look to buy a car I'm interested in has any relevance here.

JUZENO
03-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They do, how else do they know what is worth investigating, and what is whining BS? You will receive an email shortly saying there's nothing they can do, as AMVIC is for registered dealerships.

I dobut I'll be receiving such an email as I already have the investigators direct line and Have spoke with him a number of time about how it seem that I'm beeing avoided.

Yes it is true AMVIC is for dealerships, but they also govern the shady bussiness of curbing cars. In this case they said they would try and help me out, but please understand they would much rather have me deal with it myslef.

It just sucks that I had to goto this extream to get a responce from him.

JUZENO
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I'd also just like to Ad that YES, pf0sh0 was very accomidating and easy to deal with, and being that he was such a chill guy, I wanted to find out if he knew about any of this.

But on the other hand, I did call your house 5 time and left 5 messages, I also emailed you almost to the point of stalker, and I had left you a VM message on you phone before your number changed. I'd also like to point out I've been with Rogers for over 10 years now and whenever I renew my contact and get a new phone or make ANY changes, my number still stayed the saem, UNLESS I requested it to be changed.

But with all that said, I'm just happy to have hear from you.

But I still have a few questions for you and rather than debating everything on an open discussion board.

So I'll ask you one more time, please PM me and we can work this out like adults.

zorb1
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I'd also just like to Ad that YES, pf0sh0 was very accomidating and easy to deal with, and being that he was such a chill guy, I wanted to find out if he knew about any of this.

But on the other hand, I did call your house 5 time and left 5 messages, I also emailed you almost to the point of stalker, and I had left you a VM message on you phone before your number changed. I'd also like to point out I've been with Rogers for over 10 years now and whenever I renew my contact and get a new phone or make ANY changes, my number still stayed the saem, UNLESS I requested it to be changed.

But with all that said, I'm just happy to have hear from you.

But I still have a few questions for you and rather than debating everything on an open discussion board.

So I'll ask you one more time, please PM me and we can work this out like adults.

:clap: :clap: OP is handling this professionally, take this into PM and handle like adults.

urban.one
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
If pf0sh0 knew the odo was rolled back is he required to disclose that information? (I know its hard to prove that he was in possession of this knowledge)

Id question whether pf0sh0 sold the car for the reasons indicated (fart can exhaust and rough riding suspension) or did he become aware of the same facts the new owner now knows and simply pawned the car off on another unsuspecting and trusting buyer. It might not be illegal but is it moral and ethical?

Kloubek
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
It might not be illegal but is it moral and ethical?

Who knows? Who cares? Nobody will ever be able to prove he knew about the rollback. And to imply he might have known is purely speculation. I was accused once of having a roll-backed vehicle, and in my case I knew it was not. This one was. But still, being accused of something you never did is NOT fun.

I think what this comes down to is really just a crappy situation for both parties.

1) pf0sh0 gets scammed with the untrue k's represented. His own fault for not getting it checked out. Buys the car, and sells it 2 months later with reasonable intentions.
2) JUZENO buys the car, and also does not get it checked out.
3) JUZENO wants explainations, and cannot seem to get in contact with pf0sh0.
4) JUZENO (somewhat understandably) calls pf0sh0 out in a public forum. While I do not agree this was the best way, he DID try to contact pf0sh0 by other means first.
5) pf0sh0 explains his side, to which I am fairly convinced is truthful.

In the end, JUZENO is stuck with a car that has higher than expected k, and leaking lines. This is the kind of thing that can happen to ANY used car sale, and is exactly why you get a vehicle checked out. A used car deal IS buyer beware, and one cannot expect a brand new car with nothing wrong when it is clearly used. Still, if pf0sh0 really wants to be a nice guy, he can work it out with JUZENO directly. In my opinion, he is not obligated to do so by any means.

I once had a Supra which I sold to a guy many years ago. Three weeks later, he opened it up on the highway and the engine blew. I had 100% no idea that would happen, or that the engine was in poor condition at all, and did not compensate the new owner. I felt bad for him, but did not feel it was my fault in any way.... legally OR morally. It truly is buyer beware. He too did not get the car checked out.

I think now that the two parties are in communication with each other, this can be closed. Ultimately, the main issue (which was getting the two to communicate) has been rectified.

rc2002
03-12-2009, 09:34 AM
I did call your house 5 time and left 5 messages, I also emailed you almost to the point of stalker, and I had left you a VM message on you phone before your number changed. I'd also like to point out I've been with Rogers for over 10 years now and whenever I renew my contact and get a new phone or make ANY changes, my number still stayed the saem, UNLESS I requested it to be changed.

Did you leave all those messages on the same day? Or was it over the course of several days? If it's been several days, anyone would feel like they're being ducked. Especially with a phone number change - it just seems like too much of a coincidence.

To put things into perspective though, the price paid for the car is reasonable even with the rollback. You didn't get as good a deal on the car but still made out ok. Leaking fuel lines should be an easy fix, and the $4k repair bill probably includes a lot of things that aren't immediately necessary. Most of it is probably an easy DIY too.

JUZENO
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Did you leave all those messages on the same day? Or was it over the course of several days? If it's been several days, anyone would feel like they're being ducked. Especially with a phone number change - it just seems like too much of a coincidence.

Yes I left the messages over the duration of Feb. not all in the same day.

JUZENO
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Just as an FYI to all that like to Curb car here.... AMVIC is not only there to protect against Dealership scams, but also individuals who sell car with out a license.

"In December 2007, AMVIC charged five individuals who were importing salvage vehicles from the U.S., repairing them in Ontario and then as an unlicensed businesssold them in Alberta to unsuspecting citizens. On February 10, 2009 Andrew Mika of Calgary plead guilty and was convicted of four counts under the Alberta Fair Trading Act. His fine was $2,800 and he paid restitution to
the victims totalling $10,369.95."

I pulled this straight from My monthly AMVIC email.

403Gemini
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
This is why we need to bring back the registered dates , I only trust people who have accounts older than 2006

403Gemini
03-26-2009, 12:29 PM
If he's such a stand up guy and he did nothing wrong,

2) Why is he getting his friends to come on and defend him instead of being a man and posting himself? We know he's seen the thread or he wouldnt have tried to hide the FS thread.

3) Hasnt returned any attempts from the OP to contact him?

Even if he didnt change the cluster, its pretty obvious he found out and dumped it onto someone else who didnt do proper research.

1.) he didnt, he editted the thread jan 30th 2009, this thread was made march 11th 2009. People edit the threads of the vehicles they sell so only the seller + buyer know what was bought.

2.) Im not done reading the thread yet ;)

3.) See point #2 lol

edit: done reading, glad everything is getting sorted out :thumbsup: was a bit shocked to see it was pfosho, after reading his explanation, i still then hes a good member of the community and shitty he got taken which then dumped onto the OP

2EFNFAST
03-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't understand how 2 people can miss leaking fuel lines? :dunno:

berbatov
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
fuuuuuck