PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Help!

Speed_69
03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Does anybody know somewhere locally that does Blackberry Repairs?

My Blackberry Pearl 8130 radio (network connection) keeps turning off. I keep turning it back on but it automatically turns back off within a minute or two. The battery is fully charged as well. This started happening a couple days ago and from what i've read on blackberry forums, it is quite common for the Pearl to do this. No website states a definite fix for it though. I've completely reset the phone and updated to the new OS v4.5 but still no luck.

I've switched back to using a regular cell phone for now and I hate it.

pepschnops
03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
same thing happened to me except my radio doesn't work at all. Sometimes the phone turns on and the only thing listed on the screen is "app error"

rumeo
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
well how long have you had your phone for?

8130 so bell/telus? call the cust serv and theyll mail you a brand new one if its under a year

Speed_69
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by rumeo
well how long have you had your phone for?

8130 so bell/telus? call the cust serv and theyll mail you a brand new one if its under a year

I bought the phone used about 6 months ago. My Cell Service is with Telus. I know that the guy who owned it before me has it for more then 1 year so no point of calling telus to get it to cover it under warranty :(

03ozwhip
03-12-2009, 07:14 PM
nope, no warranty and not anyone i know locally and for a good price to get it fixed. you are better off buying another used one if you wanna save money. like you already found, there is no fix for this issue. good luck bro...

rumeo
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I bought the phone used about 6 months ago. My Cell Service is with Telus. I know that the guy who owned it before me has it for more then 1 year so no point of calling telus to get it to cover it under warranty :(

You've had it on your account for 6 months? If you're lucky it could work in your favour. Call the Data support and if you get an idiot (I have a couple times when DOAing BBs) they'll see its only been active on your account for 6 months and DOA it anyways.

Doesn't hurt to try

03ozwhip
03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
^^^in the warranty tab though, it clearly states not in warranty. its the first thing they look at. DOA is only the first 30 days.