PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Wacom Tablet?

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I was thinking of picking up a Wacom Intuos3 tablet for use in photoshop and other photo editing programs. Probably just the 4X6 wide format model.

Has anyone used one before? Is it way better than a mouse? I assume it would be far superior to a mouse for selective editing, cloning, brushing, etc. etc.

Just curious to hear some opinions, thanks.

dr_jared88
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm no artist but have played around with one. They are really need and hands down better then a mouse. If you are looking at doing any sort of hand drawn art get one for sure!

TDFTW
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I've used one for years now for drawings I sell and it's not that great for basic photo editing unless you are getting into fine details.

I'll tell you that your fingers and hand will become sore after a few hours use until you get used to it. It's quite different than drawing with a regular pencil and has a bit of a learning curve.

However if you're wanting to get into artistry , drawing, sketching etc it's perfect. and you cant go wrong with wacom, doesn't matter what model wacom you get they all rock :) mine is about 4 or 5 years old lol

403Gemini
03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
My friend does a lot of computer graphics/design and he uses one and swears by it so i'd suggest it!

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't be using it for drawing, but for when I am doing extremely fine adjustments/editing with a brush, lasso tool, very selective adjustments, etc. I would assume that a tablet makes that way easier than using a mouse. Right now, with my mouse, if I need to use the clone tool or whatever really close to something that I don't want to be effected by the clone tool, often my mouse skips a bit or my hand moves too much and I screw it up and have to start over. Or if I have ot make a long, sweeping movement, its really hard to get it right with the mouse.

Mitsu3000gt
03-14-2009, 04:02 PM
I picked up a Wacom Intuos3, and I am loving it so far. Way, way better than a mouse. Thanks for the input guys.

Splooge
03-16-2009, 11:50 AM
i use one at work. lol i can't used to it though. i find it finicky when doing tight photoshop work