PDA

View Full Version : Working Out

792171004-2
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
So I have started working out, want to lose some weight and tone, I do cardio for about an 1 hour give or take everyday and some ab excercises. Just wondering will that help decrease my weight quickly, don't forget I am also eating healthy no soda or eating out. One more thing does anyone know where you can get this thick cover thing for your top half of body which makes you sweat more because no wind is coming through. it looks like a jacket but thick. Made by everlast. Thanks also any tips or suggestions would be very helpful.

JfuckinC
03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Crafty
03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Dont know if this is what your looking for, their called sauna suits http://www.ringside.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2416

GQBalla
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Great advice^^

but back on track. You've already got a good start. How's your diet though? Also are u doin any weights? And what do you want to acheieve?

792171004-2
03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Is your name your SIN number or something haha HAHAHA...... very funny, actually it's a number I can easily remember my student ID.

Well for goals I want to weigh about 220-230LBS max. I am currently around 280 but was 260 couple months ago, this is from all the junk food.

My diet exists of no eating out what so ever, no soda.

Usually I eat a wrap for lunch home made with lettuce,tomatoes,cucumbers, and some mustard and hot sauce, no mayo or cheese. Dinner varies sometimes chicken, rice. But I am going to improve on that, I was thinking eating cereal for breakfast but I just can't eat in the morning so don't know but during lunch keep it the same maybe a healthy sandwich or wrap/sub. Dinner is going to be chicken breast with rice or salad pretty much everyday. And goals for muscle are not quite determinded just want to drop some weight before, then think about that after.

I do some weights but not anything hardcore, cardio is a must everday for about an hour and couple excercices for chest, biceps, shoulders, back. Usually 3 different types of excercices 10 reps 3 sets of each.

EuroDubbs
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
garbage bag works...

792171004-2
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by EuroDubbs
garbage bag works...

True but seems cheap and rattles, also you have to change everyday.

GKLAZZ
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 792171004-2

I do some weights but not anything hardcore, cardio is a must everday for about an hour and couple excercices for chest, biceps, shoulders, back. Usually 3 different types of excercices 10 reps 3 sets of each.

For weight loss maybe go with higher reps/sets i do 4 sets of 25 when i wanna trim down :dunno:

Rocky
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
^ That's a looooot of reps haha

If you want to cut fat, you need to do aerobic exercise. That's low intensity, long duration cardio, simply put. Anything works, but the best ones are long durations on the exercise bike, or power walking on a treadmill. Not walking, not jogging, but walking fast as if you were trying to catch up to someone without running. I would argue against the heavy-tops and layers personally because you just lose water weight (sweating), not actual fat. That's why athletes do it to cut weight for fights but not for typical trimming/toning routines. It's also hard on your heart.

Muscle building is good because more muscle means more metabolism, and that helps burn what your body takes in. I would say do sets of 12-15 reps, with weight amounts so that by about 16th you can't do anymore. 3 sets of 3 different exercises, for each non-related muscle groups (i.e. do bi's and pecs one day, tri's back and shoulders the next, etc).

Sounds like your major thing is to cut fat, so just keep the diet plan smart and do the loooong cardio sessions at low-intensity. Also, remember that 6 smaller meals a day is better for you than just 2-3 big ones all at once.

A790
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Man oh man.

When I was cutting I did a heavy compound exercise routine w/ cardio on my off days. I did a strict 2 x 8 routine, focusing on hitting an area of my body HARD.

Upper body day:
+ Flat bench press
+ Overhead dumbell press
+ Chin ups
+ Bent over rows
+ Weighted crunches
+ Military press
+ Weighted push ups

Lower body day:
+ Squats
+ Dead lifts
+ Lunges
+ Calf extensions or calf raises
+ Leg press (more a "feel good" exercise than anything)
+ Reverse crunches
+ Twisting crunch

I did that routine for 6 weeks, and coupled with some moderate changes to my diet (more protein, less junk) I lost nearly 10lbs in SIX WEEKS. After six weeks I started doing variations of the core exercises, but the focus was on compounding.

No bicep curls, no tricep extensions. Why? Because your biceps/triceps are small little muscles compared to your glutes, quads, pecs, etc. Doing exercises that incorporate more than one muscle group is doing more work in less time.

I got nice biceps and triceps, and up until two weeks ago I wasn't doing any exercises to isolate them. For fat loss, isolating is lame and a waste of time. Just my $0.02.

fluid
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
yup and you can also try circuit training, nothing but cardio can get boring

JMaj7
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Aren't intervals good?

A790
03-15-2009, 02:59 PM
HIIT (high intensity interval training) kicks ass for cutting fat. I'd replace traditional cardio with that on non-weight days.

Jonel
03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by A790
HIIT (high intensity interval training) kicks ass for cutting fat. I'd replace traditional cardio with that on non-weight days.

A790 as a success story, how much cardio is too much on an off lifting day? What would you suggest to be an optimal cardio routine with a mix of HIIT and Low Intensity?

kutt3r
03-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Jonel

A790 as a success story, how much cardio is too much on an off lifting day? What would you suggest to be an optimal cardio routine with a mix of HIIT and Low Intensity?

What are you cardio goals?

What does your weight routine look like? This will factor hugely into how much cardio your body can handle and properly recover.

Oh and lose the sweat clothes... you are not trying to make a weight.. anything you lose in those things will come back and you run the risk or dehydration, which will damage muscle.. kinda counter productive no?

A790
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jonel

I did low intensity on my weight days, and on my non-weight days I did HIIT twice a week or so. I found that 30 minutes of HIIT was sufficient.

On weight days I just did 20 minutes of low intensity, usually nailing somewhere between 350-450 calories. The HIIT days were right around 550 calories.

Originally posted by kutt3r

What are you cardio goals?

What does your weight routine look like? This will factor hugely into how much cardio your body can handle and properly recover.

Oh and lose the sweat clothes... you are not trying to make a weight.. anything you lose in those things will come back and you run the risk or dehydration, which will damage muscle.. kinda counter productive no?
Sweat clothes FTL. I don't see the purpose for any other reason than dropping water weight.

792171004-2
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Can you guys give me a certain diet I should follow, I don't eat seafood, but everything else is a go. Like what I should eat for breakfast,lunch, and dinner, also the in between small meals and where I can get some of those products such as chicken breast and best way to cook. Thanks guys btw my goal is to burn atleast 700 calories every single day atleast 5 days 6th day is a bonus and then do some light weight excercies. Any supplements that will help me drop weight quick?

792171004-2
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I need your help guys!!!:dunno:

cityhunter2501
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend you a sweat/sauna suit, those are meant more for losing water weight than body fat
Also it's dangerous wearing one if you are working out intensively as it can get you dizzy cause you are losing lots of fluid from your body.

If you want an easy cheap alternative then wear a sweater.
That's what I do when skipping ropes.

How much do you weight and whats your goal?

I lost ~35 lbs in 3 months and thats by running for 20min and doing 40min of weights 5x a week, ate regularly but in smaller portions

benyl
03-17-2009, 02:23 PM
You have to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound.

A guy your size probably needs 2400-3000 calories to maintain your weight (depending on your age and height and activity level).

By burning 500 cals/day and cutting 500 cals/day from your diet, you can lose about 2 lbs/week in a healthy way. If you go harder than that, you are bound to regress and gain more weight back. (do you know why you went from 260 to 280?)

With your meals, you should aim to eat 2000-2500 cals / day decreasing as you lose weight (again, depending on your height, age and activity level). That is until you reach your target weight. When you get there, figure out how many calories you need to maintain based on your activity level.

Watching my calories closely has worked for me in the past... Now I just have to get my fat ass to the gym! haha