PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Looking to improve routine.

Jonel
03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Right now my schedule looks like this.

Gym Days (atm only able to go every second day - no weekends - this includes a light cardio workout)

Single Arm Dumbbell Row
2 sets of 12 reps
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
2 sets of 12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press
2 sets of 12 reps
Bench Press
2 sets of 12 reps
Leg Curls
2 sets of 12 reps
Barbell Curl
2 sets of 12 reps
Leg Extensions
2 sets of 12 reps
Skull Crushers
2 sets of 12 reps

Ab Crunches
2 set of 20 reps

Cardio/Core Day

Light Stretch

Low-Mid Intensity Treadmill for about 10 minutes

Fullbody Stretch

5 Min Jump Rope
30 Pushups
1 Min Jump Rope
20 Knee Tucks
1 Min Jump Rope
20 Burpees
1 Min Jump Rope
10 Left side crunch
10 Right side crunch
10 Situps
1 Min Jump Rope
30 sec leg hold at about 45 degrees
30 sec leg hold at about 38 degrees
30 sec leg hold at about 31 degrees
Variety - Planks, Superman Banana, etc.

Full Body Stretch

Low Intensity Station Bike

Swim ~~\o/~~

------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to improve my gym workout, perhaps a more complete full body workout. Just feels like something is missing there.

A790
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
What are you goals: fat loss, muscle development, stamina, size... what?

Jonel
03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
For me it would be a bit of muscle development and fat loss as priority. My body isnt proportioned properly. My legs and calves are too huge for my liking but I wanted to tone to see if it's mostly fat or if they're just like that. I have no triceps whatsoever, man boobies. and no shoulders.

tom_9109
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Up the weight so the reps are 7-9.

Darkane
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Jonel
For me it would be a bit of muscle development and fat loss as priority. My body isnt proportioned properly. My legs and calves are too huge for my liking but I wanted to tone to see if it's mostly fat or if they're just like that. I have no triceps whatsoever, man boobies. and no shoulders.

Sounds like low Testosterone and high estrogen or to much Aromatase to Estrogen.

I think most of the work need to be put into diet. You would probably benefit from something like the Anabolic diet, followed with a routine heavy in Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Press, Cleans, Snatches, Rows.

All compound, multi-joint (key words) movements.

Just curious, you probably drink a lot of milk?

Jonel
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Sounds like low Testosterone and high estrogen or to much Aromatase to Estrogen.

I think most of the work need to be put into diet. You would probably benefit from something like the Anabolic diet, followed with a routine heavy in Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Press, Cleans, Snatches, Rows.

All compound, multi-joint (key words) movements.

Just curious, you probably drink a lot of milk?

I wouldn't say a lot, A glass in the morning after I wake up with a fruit and one glass before bed. I rarely drink pop but sometimes I drink those small boxed milk for lunch.

If it's the whole estrogen stuff, am i fcked?

Darkane
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM

If it's the whole estrogen stuff, am i fcked?

No.. far from it. You can do a lot, and I mean A LOT to alter your hormones through diet/exercise and some proper supplementation.

I'm just guessing based on the info you gave on your body type.

For real though, search up the Anabolic Diet, and get a heavy (as in weight, not volume) routine and do it.

Jonel
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

No.. far from it. You can do a lot, and I mean A LOT to alter your hormones through diet/exercise and some proper supplementation.

I'm just guessing based on the info you gave on your body type.

For real though, search up the Anabolic Diet, and get a heavy (as in weight, not volume) routine and do it.

Awesome, that gave me some hope haha, people keep saying genetics will fck you over.

Are there any particular exercises you recommend I add onto the one I have now, or perhaps something I should remove?

kutt3r
03-13-2009, 06:20 AM

Awesome, that gave me some hope haha, people keep saying genetics will fck you over.

Are there any particular exercises you recommend I add onto the one I have now, or perhaps something I should remove?

Yes remove all of them.. they are all useless for your goals.
Google:

5x5
Starting Strength
Bill Starr
Madcow

Start with a routine that uses full body movements and compound exercises.

I will actually disagree with Darkane on the diet.. unless you are really dedicated to this you will not follow a low/no carb diet. The simple fact is most people can't or won't, they are not as easy as people think to follow.

I would start with lowering your carb level and using cut offs, no carbs after 6pm. Cut down on the processed foods add whole grains/veggies/dead animal.

If you have the discipline Darkane is right the Anabolic or such will give you the best results.

The only thing genetics will hold you back from is being a freak of nature, it is in everyone's ability to add some muscle mass and lower body fat.

Darkane
03-13-2009, 07:25 PM
^^ yes actually, good post :)

Start small lol. Anabolic diet can be a daunting task. I often forget about starting small :)