PDA

View Full Version : Loan Questions

em2ab
03-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Looks like my girlfriend and I might be buying a house before July so we're meeting with a broker who's going to be running the application tomorrow but after reviewing it, there's a few shady things in it. Is this normal? And if so, how do they actually convince people to sign it? This is strictly for an application to see what we qualify for, nothing else.

Use of information by [company name]: You agree that, at the time you begina relationship with us and during the course of this relationship, we may collect, use and disclose your information including for, but not limited to,..............., marketing products and services to you, ............

Marketing services? No thanks.

Fees: You confirm that you will pay any specific fees such as property appraisal, default mortgage insurance, title insurance, inspection legal expenses etc, related to this Application.

Who uses, "etc" in a legal document? Where do I find out what the etc is? That could be anything, and why does it even talk about property fees when I'm applying for a loan and not even agreeing to buy anything?

Am I overreacting?

em2ab
03-13-2009, 10:55 PM
On a side note, the advertisement in my thread has a spelling mistake......fail.

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/imgad?id=CLLzpOLLyJfL0wEQrAIY7wEyCB6Qdw24RxCf