PDA

View Full Version : Anabolic experiment - Need someone to test it.

Darkane
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I got an idea and I plan to use it after my cut. However I wouldn't mind somebody else trying it to see what happens. I think it's got great potential.

This isn't anything spectacular, but I think it can maximize protein synthesis in a natural trainee.

Plan is as follows: (Note - This would probably work better for someone with an Endomorphic/Mesomorphic body *Cough A790 :D)

-Lucine supplementation: Based on Biotests Lucine free form amino, their claims are protein synthesis increased by up to 70%. Ok this good. A little bit is taken every meal. Lucine can also be bought in bulk powder form from TrueProtein If I recall.

-4:1:1 BCAA for WOD: TP just came out with a new ratio BCAA, Lucine (4), Valine (1), Isolucine (1). However I'm not certain with this one yet, might go with the 2:1:1.

-2 eggs at EVERY meal: Eggs are claimed to be the most bioavailable protein. This in itself should also compound the protein synthesis.

-Lots of red meat: Beef, Bison, Pork, Elk, etc. Grass fed or Organic. Wild, even better.

My goal with a diet like this is to jack test levels similar to the anabolic diet but also bump protein synthesis so the Testosterone and PS work synergistically.

Basically 6 meals would be consumed, so 12 eggs/day. Lots of nuts, fish oil, olive oil etc to keep the Fat's up. Carbs would be 50g/day or less with a carb up day every 1-2 weeks depending on Bodyfat levels. For me I'd probably do it once a week, and I'd start small to see how I'd do. Maybe 2 carb up meals a week.

I'd also like to see somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5-2g protein/lb of bodyweight consumed, but NOT going over 800-1000cals/d maintenance level.

Anybody got any suggestions?

This diet would be paired up with a multi-compound routine with lots of combination's.

I saw a dude doing back squats into a behind the neck shoulder press yesterday and I thought that was magnificent. His test levels must have skyrocketed after that. 3 joints in one movement.

Knee, Hip, Shoulders, and even elbows to a lesser degree.

A790
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm down for sure. PM me and what I need to do :P

Darkane
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by A790
I'm down for sure. PM me and what I need to do :P

Ok, I'll work out some more details. I wanna wait for some suggestions from Wildcat, Kutt3r etc.

This diet should work well, and a few other things I'd throw in would be ZMA, Resveratrol, A test booster Like Alpha male (for the Forskolin and the horny hah). Broccoli would be consumed in copious amounts, Basil, Garlic, Cumin, Curry all would be consumed.

I'll let ya know. Maybe I'll just wait a couple months or so and work on it. By then I'll be close to finished cutting and we can compare results, notes etc. :thumbsup:

This is planned to be short<er> Duration. 2-3 months MAX. obviously adjusted based on results.

A790
03-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I was gonna go anabolic april 1 for a cut anyway, so why not give it a try? :)

Darkane
03-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I was gonna go anabolic april 1 for a cut anyway, so why not give it a try? :)

Hmm, this is structured for a mass phase. 800-1000cals/d over maint.

However, if you're going anabolic diet (I assume) Then the transition to THIS diet won't be hard at all. Basically progress will be instant.

This should be good :)

A790
03-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Hmm, this is structured for a mass phase. 800-1000cals/d over maint.

However, if you're going anabolic diet (I assue) Then the transition to THIS diet won't be hard at all. Basically progress will be instant.

This should be good :)
I want to go from 16% to 14% by end of April, bulk May/June, then cut again for July/Aug. So, we will get it done :D

Darkane
03-14-2009, 09:33 PM

I want to go from 16% to 14% by end of April, bulk May/June, then cut again for July/Aug. So, we will get it done :D

ya know, might as well just cut right down to 10% If you can. It shouldn't take longer than about 8-12 weeks.

Then you'd have a super base to bulk on :D

A790
03-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

ya know, might as well just cut right down to 10% If you can. It shouldn't take longer than about 8-12 weeks.

Then you'd have a super base to bulk on :D
Haha, maybe. We'll see if I can run a 3 month cut this year hahaha.

kutt3r
03-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Curious about a couple things..

Would you use a high(er) volume rep scheme?
I am assuming so being more of a bulk.

I would be cautious with the diet, A790 eats very clean, he might want to move slowly into this, cutting carbs a bit more over a week or two as this will be a big change based on his previous posted diet.

Tons of muscle protection, might want to add some glutimine after work outs to up glyco stores seeing as limited carbs. I am assuming you are thinking 20-40g BCAA's so there might be enough..

Carb ups I would go standard. 2 weeks without to get deep into keto then I would look at 1 ever 4-5 days as his body is not going to be as adjusted and might need the days in the beginning... but A790 would have to work with you to figure that out.

Everything looks sound though.. not sure why that would not work for a cut/recomp though.. i would keep cals at maintenance and add in fasted cardio and maybe some simple GPP to burn the cals.

Also I would get blood work done including testing for test before and after so that we can see the results.. as I bet A790's 'bad' cholesterol would be lower and then we would see if the test went up.

Looks interesting for sure.. I think we will need a sticky for this one for sure.

Darkane
03-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r
Curious about a couple things..

Would you use a high(er) volume rep scheme?
I am assuming so being more of a bulk.

Yes. I was playing with the idea of Heavy/Light rotation. The first two days (Mon/Tues) heavy would be coming off of the weekend and the cortisol would be the lowest, Test would be highest and would be best rested. Wed off, and Thurs/Fri would be volume based for some recovery and hypertrophy.

I would be cautious with the diet, A790 eats very clean, he might want to move slowly into this, cutting carbs a bit more over a week or two as this will be a big change based on his previous posted diet.

Yes. That's why I'm fairly excited to see how the anabolic diet works. My version of this diet would be clean, with the exception of Saturated fats, but those fats would be from meats, not butter or shit like that. Better Omega ratios.

Tons of muscle protection, might want to add some glutimine after work outs to up glyco stores seeing as limited carbs. I am assuming you are thinking 20-40g BCAA's so there might be enough..

Glutamine would be added and worked up to 30g in the PWO shake. Start at 10g to see how the Digestive tract tolerates this. Glycine would be added too.

Carb ups I would go standard. 2 weeks without to get deep into keto then I would look at 1 ever 4-5 days as his body is not going to be as adjusted and might need the days in the beginning... but A790 would have to work with you to figure that out.

Exactly, that's a tricky one. I only have myself as experience and I'm super Insulin resistant. Hah.

Everything looks sound though.. not sure why that would not work for a cut/recomp though.. i would keep cals at maintenance and add in fasted cardio and maybe some simple GPP to burn the cals.

It would work for cutting great. The thing is 12 eggs/day is 840cals. And 60g of fats. For a decent cut assuming 2200cals/day, I would have that split in a 250pro, 110fat, 50carbs. That equals 2190cals. So you only got 50 extra grams of fat to play with. Add in fish oil lets say 20g, and you can't really eat meat. It's got to be super lean (Chicken, fish etc). The body isn't as prone to test elevation with those protein sources.

Also I would get blood work done including testing for test before and after so that we can see the results.. as I bet A790's 'bad' cholesterol would be lower and then we would see if the test went up.

Excellent Idea

Looks interesting for sure.. I think we will need a sticky for this one for sure.

Answers in Bold.

kutt3r
03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Good stuff man, well thought out from what I can see.

With the math there I fully understand the need for a bulk now... Although a recomp would be fully doable I think.

A790 if you follow through you are going to learn a ton about your body and its tolerances with this, not to mention you have a guy that knows his stuff...always listen to what your body is telling you especially with the carbs, no one reacts the same way to them.

Make sure you are getting a ton of sleep as well, I think you will need it.

Thoughts on a fat burner? Green tea maybe for the antiox as well? Would go nicely with the fish oil, ACV as well? oops I think I just gave away my next fat burning cycle...which I never have to cycle :D

The only thing that I don't see listed, which I know is/will be there is a GOOD multi, not the time to skimp on a cheap one here. I will try to dig out a link I had for the best brands... GCN vitamins rank at about 5% bio availability just for reference.

oh and DON'T forget the fiber... trust me on this one!

Really interested to see where this goes.
:thumbsup:

Darkane
03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
^^ Yeah all the supps and stuff will be decided later.

I'll actually do a complete write up with details perhaps next week on my days off.

Should be a good'er