PDA

View Full Version : Esso Carwash codes, good at all Esso Stations?

Mixalot27
03-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Ok so kind of a weird question. I just filled up with gas at an Esso Station. The pay at the pump asked me if I wanted a car wash. Since I needed one, I selected and payed my $9 for a wash. It wasn't until after that I realized that the car wash was closed (due to it being 5am). It hadn't occurred to me that this would be the case. I thought the car washes, much like the gas pumps, would be 24hr since they are fully automated.

So my question is can I use the car wash code I received on my receipt at any Esso gas station or only the one I purchased it from? I ask because the station where this happened is a ways from my house and there are closer ones to me, since now I have to make a special trip back. Also does anyone know how long these codes last for?

pinoyhero
03-15-2009, 07:27 AM
I think codes are got for 30 days but not at other stations. Give them a call though, isn't the number on your recipt ...

dr_jared88
03-15-2009, 08:55 AM
^This

Zhariak
03-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Good old Esso carwashes...

I used to use the one in Mckenzie back in the day when I was in the hurry, or lazy...

They recently changed the internals of the machine, I wasn't paying attention, I had clearance so I thought it was all good, until I noticed that it scratched the SHIT out of the hitch cover... Thankfully that's easily replaceable and probably cheap since its just a piece of plastic... But Wow.... Stupid sensors!

This was totally off-topic.

iblizzard
03-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I get esso car washes for my work car all the time, and the codes last for about 3 months.. but aren't able to be used at different car washes.

the expiry date of the code is printed on the receipt.

rumeo
03-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard
I get esso car washes for my work car all the time, and the codes last for about 3 months.. but aren't able to be used at different car washes.

this

Colin_R6
03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
If your code expires, you can usually talk to the attendant and they can check it. I know the Esso on Edm Trail and 16th ave will just give you a new one to replace the expired one. At least they did when I worked there.

Those carwashes are bitches to deal with.

Edit: You have to use the code at the store you bought it from, they are all individually owned, so no mixing and matching.

Mixalot27
03-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by iblizzard

I'll check my receipt next time I'm in my car. That's cool if it lasts for a long time like that. I'll be able to use it some time, I'm sure. I was thinking maybe they expire after only a couple days or something. I usually just use the spray and wash that are open 24hrs across from my house.

483hp
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
The service station stores are franchises. Car wash codes purchased at one location cannot be used at other locations.