PDA

View Full Version : Low Testosterone

dandia89
03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey... well I've been having troubles staying awake during the day, got some blood tests done.. no sign of anything wrong. I've been sleeping right, working out most of the time and not sure whats going on.
But I've just been reading up on some Low Testosterone level symtoms, and I'm almost positive they apply to me.... Just curious If anyone knows a progressive way to increase my testosterone levels properly. Thanks

Euro_Trash
03-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I've heard the big 3 lifts - deads, squats, bench - promote an increase in testosterone. Someone correct me if I am wrong

98brg2d
03-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Self diagnosis is not very reliable and if you start taking stuff into your body based on your self diagnosis you could really hurt yourself. Lots of problems have very similar symptoms, keep going back to the doctor if you are unsatisfied or find a new doctor.

If you really want to do it yourself, try safer things like changing your diet, work out schedule/intensity etc. before you start adding supplements or hormones.

Redlined_8000
03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
First things first.
What is your:
height
current lifestyle - do you workout, how active are you???
How is your diet, post up a sample day of what you eat.

Did you get your T levels included in your blood test? if not, you should do that too.

dandia89
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
5'10

I usually workout 4 times a week.

Breakfast usually consistents of banana bread, cereal and an apple and a glass of milk

throughout the day, i'll be eating fruit yogurt, assorted nuts, granola bars, a ham sandwich(green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes), or a tuna sub(no cheese) on whole wheat from subway.

Usually go a workout around 7 for an hour- hour and half

For dinner, I usually have it late around 8-9, which is usually spaghetti or mac n cheese or something easy to make and I'll have some frut.. oranges or grapes

I'm not eating enough and I'm not putting time into eating, I spend way too much with school and I probably do need a diet change

I didn't get a T level tested either

Darkane
03-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
5'10

I usually workout 4 times a week.

Breakfast usually consistents of banana bread, cereal and an apple and a glass of milk

throughout the day, i'll be eating fruit yogurt, assorted nuts, granola bars, a ham sandwich(green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes), or a tuna sub(no cheese) on whole wheat from subway.

Usually go a workout around 7 for an hour- hour and half

For dinner, I usually have it late around 8-9, which is usually spaghetti or mac n cheese or something easy to make and I'll have some frut.. oranges or grapes

I'm not eating enough and I'm not putting time into eating, I spend way too much with school and I probably do need a diet change

I didn't get a T level tested either

At your age the doctor will never put a testosterone test on the card. Tell him the symptoms and ask for it.

I got mine checked under suspicion as well and low (Pun) and behold it wasn't good.

The good news is there's lots you can do to change it, but before a blood screening don't do to much in the way of supplements or shit. Diet and exercise should be first.

How did your thyroid checkout?

Do you drink a lot? Do you have a lot of caffeine drinks? Red bulls coffee's? Lots of Late nights perhaps for school?

More importantly are you still horny?

dandia89
03-15-2009, 01:00 PM
The thing is, he was pretty skeptical it was any of this. So he did a basic blood test, see if my liver was wrong, did tests to see if i had celiac disease and it all failed. So I do need to those tests hopefully I can when school slows down.

Don't drink at all, I'm drinking coffee daily because it's just impossible to get through the day without it and definitely lots of late nights at school.

For sure horny and thats probably the only normal thing about me now ;)

Darkane
03-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by dandia89

Don't drink at all, I'm drinking coffee daily because it's just impossible to get through the day without it and definitely lots of late nights at school.

For sure horny and thats probably the only normal thing about me now ;)

Ok, yeah fair enough.

There is another option too, if you got some disposable income you could get a salivary screening too.

You could look up a ND (Naturopathic Doctor) in Calgary and they can hook you up. I'm not sure on the price, but I'm going to get one done in the near future. From there you can take a proper course of action.

Hypogonadism is fairly uncommon, but low test is common. So the good news is low test can be boosted quite a bit with lifestyle changes. Real hypogonadism is serious and leads to many health concerns.

Prostate cancer, decreased muscle mass, increased fat, poor sleep, increased estrogen (That in itself has tons of complications), etc.

So that must be treated, I'm no expert but I don't think you got a condition, but it seems you're just low based on lifestyle. The late nights kill you man, trust me I work shift work with nights. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

JEFFRIX
03-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Are you growing breasts? Is your genitalia begging to resemble a vagina?

TurboD
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by JEFFRIX
Are you growing breasts? Is your genitalia begging to resemble a vagina?

i lol'd

and so that i don't just look like a flamer i'll try to add a comment.

it would be nice if the doctor did find low testost levels and prescribed steroids.
im 24 and i have some tiredness issues as well, but mine are mainly because i try to eat a lot of food and my metabolism is quick and efficient and puts my body into shutdown when i try to force 1500+ calories in a meal.

you noted it, but i think its important for you to eat more, and not fruits and that, eat food food.
if you cant fit in enough meals in a day to fuel your body try a meal supplement maybe

Darkane
03-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by TurboD

it would be nice if the doctor did find low testost levels and prescribed steroids.
im 24 and i have some tiredness issues as well, but mine are mainly because i try to eat a lot of food and my metabolism is quick and efficient and puts my body into shutdown when i try to force 1500+ calories in a meal.

Are you even remotely serious? It would be 'nice'?

Dude..

You don't have Testosterone problems, you have insulin issues force feeding 1500cals in a sitting. If you're being sincere I'd assume at least 600-1000cals of that are carbs which would put you into risk for Type 2 Diabetes if you continue to eat like that at least 3 times a day!

Cool :thumbsup:

FYI, when eating MORE your metabolism fires harder and your body doesn't "shutdown".

bawlls
03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Get 7 hours of sleep, go to bed at the same time everynight if possible, and wake up at the same times. Don't take naps.

dandia89
03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
bawls i do sleep properly, but i think it's gone beyond sleep patterns.

TurboD
03-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
You don't have Testosterone problems, you have insulin issues force feeding 1500cals in a sitting. If you're being sincere I'd assume at least 600-1000cals of that are carbs which would put you into risk for Type 2 Diabetes if you continue to eat like that at least 3 times a day!

FYI by 1500 calories im talking about meals where i take protein shake (1200 calories) and a bananna (100 calories), and a bunch of strawberries (80 calories), sugar (20 calories)
and some other misc piece of food.

i never said i eat 1500 calories 3 times a day. i said "a meal" not EVERY MEAL

so before you jump all over me, take a pill and relax.

its stupid to assume you know what my diet is.

diabetes, LOL:banghead:

Darkane
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM

FYI by 1500 calories im talking about meals where i take protein shake (1200 calories) and a bananna (100 calories), and a bunch of strawberries (80 calories), sugar (20 calories)
and some other misc piece of food.

i never said i eat 1500 calories 3 times a day. i said "a meal" not EVERY MEAL

so before you jump all over me, take a pill and relax.

its stupid to assume you know what my diet is.

diabetes, LOL:banghead:

Sigh, you have 300g of protein in your shake? :facepalm:

Oh just because this is the Internet "serious business" and all, your math adds up to 1400 cals. :poosie:

TurboD
03-17-2009, 06:09 PM

Oh just because this is the Internet "serious business" and all, your math adds up to 1400 cals. :poosie:

i should be taking 2 300g shakes per day, but i don't have time for 2 so i just take one.

and my math adds to 1400 calories and i noted that it included a misc piece of food, which makes it unclear what the exact total is, but likely over 1500 calories.

zipdoa
03-20-2009, 03:25 PM

i should be taking 2 300g shakes per day, but i don't have time for 2 so i just take one.

and my math adds to 1400 calories and i noted that it included a misc piece of food, which makes it unclear what the exact total is, but likely over 1500 calories.

Can one even use 600g of protein in a day?

Darkane
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

lol, no. A select few IFBB pro's can, thats about it.

zipdoa
03-20-2009, 03:50 PM

lol, no. A select few IFBB pro's can, thats about it.

wouldn't that equate to building about .6kg of muscle?

Darkane
03-20-2009, 04:17 PM

wouldn't that equate to building about .6kg of muscle?

Well in a perfect thermodynamic environment. It's not an isotropic reaction where temp stays the same. Energy (Calories) are lost in heat and digestion.

Protein synthesis has a huge part in this too. If your body can't "create" new muscle then no amount of protein will help.

Steroids basically ramp up protein synthesis (Muscle building horsepower). So it's easier to make gains and gains come quicker with more food.

TurboD
03-20-2009, 11:09 PM

i should be taking 2 300g shakes per day

holy crap, reading owns you.

600g SHAKE

55g OF PROTEIN (give or take)

jesus

to get 600G of protein out of my powder you would have consumed upwards of 13000calories

what the hell are people smoking in this forum

ecstasy_civic
03-21-2009, 10:54 PM

Im sorry, I just had to :rofl: at this.

And Turbo D, you werent very clear.