PDA

View Full Version : Two years in the making...

Melinda
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Alright, well it didn't take me two years, but it has been that long since my latest work has been put onto my website. I know, I had totally been dropping the ball. But I quit my job before Lucas was born and have officially taken the leap to full time photographer. As of tonight, that new part of me has been lauched. To start it off, I've finally completed my brand new website. I can't tell you how long overdue a site like this is for me. I am so excited about it, I just had to share it with some of the people who support me the most (you beyond photogs).

So without further ado: http://www.melindagombert.com

BerserkerCatSplat
03-15-2009, 11:32 PM
That's a huge, huge improvement over your old site, Mel. With the web becoming an ever-important advertising medium, a great-looking site like that can pull you a lot of clients - when coupled with great photos like yours, of course! :D Congrats!

That said, I think your site really needs more megapixels. ;)

hampstor
03-15-2009, 11:44 PM
My house is testiment to your work... how many of your pictures do i have and how many more did my wife just buy??

Seriously it actually looks good. ;)

Melinda
03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
My house is testiment to your work... how many of your pictures do i have and how many more did my wife just buy??

Seriously it actually looks good. ;)
Haha you don't want to know the total of your print bill from this recent order. :rofl: Thanks though, I do think you guys are two of my best clients! Lord knows your faces are all over that site!

Darkane
03-15-2009, 11:48 PM
who is that chick with the guitar? :love:

djayz
03-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Amazing, a great site to compliment even greater photographs. Congrats!

AccentAE86
03-16-2009, 08:23 AM
congrats mel!

It is quite an improvement. Keep up the great work!

D'z Nutz
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Definite improvement! :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Great site! I only wish flash pages would allow scrolling with the mouse instead of having to drag the little gray box.

Congrats Mel!!!!

JAYMEZ
03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Congrats ! The site looks amazing :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
03-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

That's a huge, huge improvement over your old site, Mel. With the web becoming an ever-important advertising medium, a great-looking site like that can pull you a lot of clients - when coupled with great photos like yours, of course! :D Congrats!

That said, I think your site really needs more megapixels. ;)

He stole my post....

funkedelic2
03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Looks good, great job

Kona9
03-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Great Site Mel!

Congrats!

mboldt
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Looks good... Bludomain?

A couple of things that don't really make sense which you may want to look at....

How come you only offer metallic or canvas printing on your "fine art" site?

All 3 websites you refer to yourself as "us" on the contact section, however you refer to yourself as "I" in every other section of the site.

As well I'd check over your grammar for the most part.

aquamarine
03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Great looking site!

Not sure if it's a bug, but when in the "About Melinda", if trying to scroll using the mouse-scroll button, it only drops one line total (using FireFox). Took me a sec to realize after that I had to click and drag the flash box down on the right side.

sputnik
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Gotta love the Bludomain websites.

:thumbsup: