PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Reverse Light Trigger for NAV install on a 09 City Jetta

spike98
03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
As the topic states.

I am installing a F700BT in my 09 City Jetta and i need a reverse trigger for the NAV portion of the unit. I dont want to run a wire all the way to the tail lights and i am looking for something closer to the HU.

The wiring might be the same as a USDM MKIV jetta (as they are the same platform) and what i have found in one place is at the drivers kick there is a Light Black/Blue wire that goes to the reverse lights.

Does anyone have in information to confirm? Or is it different on the City Jetta. I have a DMM and can test a few but i dont want to be hunting for ever. Thanks!

silvercivicsir
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
are you doing a back up cam ? not sure why you need a reverse trigger to "trigger the Nav"

spike98
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
The NAV needs to know which direction the car is going to provide more accurate route information. Its not needed but i would like to hook it up anyways.

Eventually a backup cam will be installed too.

silvercivicsir
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Unless your doing the back up cam and really need this wire, it's not worth the time and effort to get it. I highly doubt that it will make that much of a differnce to the accuracy of the gps location.

spike98
03-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
Unless your doing the back up cam and really need this wire, it's not worth the time and effort to get it. I highly doubt that it will make that much of a differnce to the accuracy of the gps location.

I WILL be doing a backup cam. So i will need it anyways. I want to find it now while i have things apart so it will be easy to tap into it with the backup cam.

All i am looking for is a reverse signal, not opinions.

silvercivicsir
03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
well if your going to do a back up cam, you might as well tag the wire from the reverse light. since your going to have to run the video in source from camera to the deck anyways. but if your really hard up about getting it from the front you can try this.

PARKLIGHTS POSITIVE gray/yellow + headlight switch
PARKLIGHTS NEGATIVE n/a
HEADLIGHT white/black + headlight switch Notes: The trunk release motor wire is red/blue (+) at the CSCCM, 8 pin plug, pin 8.

The fuel lid release motor wire is purple/gray (+) at the CSCCM, 18 pin plug, pin 4.

The CSCCM (Comfort System Central Control Module) is behind the glovebox.
HAZARD brown/red - hazard switch
TURN LEFT black/wht (f), black/wht (r) + vescm, pins d11 and c11 Notes: The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is part of the relay box under the driver side dash.
TURN RIGHT black/grn (f), black/grn (r) + vescm, pins a6 and b10 Notes: The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is part of the relay box under the driver side dash.
REVERSE gray/white or black/blue + kick panel or vescm, pins c12 and b1 Notes: The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is part of the relay box under the driver side dash.
BRAKE black/red + brake pedal switch
PARKBRAKE brown/yellow - parking brake switch

spike98
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
REVERSE gray/white or black/blue + kick panel or vescm, pins c12 and b1 Notes: The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is part of the relay box under the driver side dash.

The black/blue in the drivers kick is what a few of my searches came up with. I will look for this one. Thanks!!