PDA

View Full Version : The lawn tractor is alive!

2EFNFAST
03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I disagree with Soloracer that it sounds like a lawn tractor ....... maybe a spooooooon jt2vgt2 engine better describes it? :dunno:

DEpQbp9rp-s

GbADvX1_rOE

TomcoPDR
03-16-2009, 11:13 PM
haha I can trace back the steps and know where you live now.

2EFNFAST
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
haha I can trace back the steps and know where you live now.

:skurrrred:

Probably be easier just to listen for me going down Macleod this summer, I'll be out all the time :thumbsup:

Shlade
03-16-2009, 11:24 PM
were you out earlier today on macleod?
Because i saw a flat black cobra driving! sounded sooo nice and looked so good

KRyn
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM
You have some of the smallest legs I have ever seen in my life.

2EFNFAST
03-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
were you out earlier today on macleod?
Because i saw a flat black cobra driving! sounded sooo nice and looked so good

I was on Macleod again today. Flat black (primer still) cobra. If it had a gigantic supersnake scoop on it (not that it matters since there arn't that many around, hehe!) that was me :)

Soooooooo, how's your hearing - did you hear me coming/going a mile away hopefully :angel:

Hsss hsss

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/ss3.jpg

Originally posted by KRyn
You have some of the smallest legs I have ever seen in my life.

I know - I injured my knee a decade ago and stopped training legs. Also, I've been sick with an infection lately and dropped some weight (230 to 180 =( ).

Shlade
03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
i was on the other side of the highway going towards chapparell and i saw the car, had to roll down my window to listen to it! its pretty damn loud and sounds good haha, plus it was the most unique thing on the road! Ps you looked pretty damn cold :rofl:

2EFNFAST
03-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
i was on the other side of the highway going towards chapparell and i saw the car, had to roll down my window to listen to it! its pretty damn loud and sounds good haha, plus it was the most unique thing on the road! Ps you looked pretty damn cold :rofl:

It's surprisingly not that cold - lots of engine heat - what you probably saw was my 'oh sh!t please please please please please don't fall apart on me while i'm doing 90kph' face :angel:

It must be fairly loud on the outside - nobody ever seems to want to drive next to me! They either floor it and run away, or fall back 10cars and form a wall of cars behind me, haha. I think, maybe, I was passed by a total of 4 or 5 cars today :rofl:

KRyn
03-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Eeek dropping that much weight is not healthy! Take care of your self!

Car sounds interesting that is for sure!

2EFNFAST
03-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
Eeek dropping that much weight is not healthy! Take care of your self!

Car sounds interesting that is for sure!

Thanks for the concern, it is much appreciated - here's a helpful hint - if you start dropping weight like crazy and feel sick as shit and your doctor tells you "oh, it's depression, some anti-depressants will help you", kick him in the balls and tell him to try harder at his job.

The medical system gets 2 gigantic :facepalm: :facepalm: from me lately.

psycoticclown
03-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Holy shit, that thing is seexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy!

VOLTRON
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Haha. I saw that beast entering Seven Eleven near Sobeys. That thing is LOUD.

89s1
03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Do want!

Looks sick, sounds even sicker.

Nice and quiet so long as you're shifting :D

FWIW, I would do more off throttle engine braking for good ring seat if its a brand new motor. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth as a random guy on the internet.

Kloubek
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, it doesn't sound like a lawn mower.

But it DOES sound like you need better taste in music.... :)

Gabe182
03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I love the sound. Shes a beast.

So this is a kit car right?

2EFNFAST
03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by VOLTRON
Haha. I saw that beast entering Seven Eleven near Sobeys. That thing is LOUD.

I have to get gas somewheres :angel:

I've only been out 3 times and I've already had 2 Beyond 'spottings' ......sweet :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Gabe182
I love the sound. Shes a beast.

So this is a kit car right?

Yea - essentially you get the body and the frame (an actual engineered frame, not a stretched fiero chassis), a bunch of junk parts (which you end up throwing out, heh), and then start bolting stuff on and hope that it doesn't fall apart while you're doing 100!

Originally posted by 89s1
Do want!

Looks sick, sounds even sicker.

Nice and quiet so long as you're shifting :D

FWIW, I would do more off throttle engine braking for good ring seat if its a brand new motor. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth as a random guy on the internet.

off throttle engine braking? Do you mean downshifting without rev matching first? :confused:

911fever
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
that is a beast!

89s1
03-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

off throttle engine braking? Do you mean downshifting without rev matching first? :confused:

No no, I mean accelerate in one gear, then let off the gas in that same gear and let the engine slow the car down. "engine braking"

The negative cylinder pressure this creates "pulls" the rings out letting them mate well with the cylinder walls. It's just a really good way for the rings to seat with the cylinders that they are (hopefully) going to know for a good long time. :thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
03-17-2009, 11:47 PM

No no, I mean accelerate in one gear, then let off the gas in that same gear and let the engine slow the car down. "engine braking"

The negative cylinder pressure this creates "pulls" the rings out letting them mate well with the cylinder walls. It's just a really good way for the rings to seat with the cylinders that they are (hopefully) going to know for a good long time. :thumbsup:

Oh, I understand now. Thanks!

BerserkerCatSplat
03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Engine rumble: awesome

Britney Spears as pre-rumble music: Not so awesome.

;)

R154
03-18-2009, 01:28 AM

except that within 2 heating cycles (operating temp) the rings have seated. And rings seating would be the least of my concerns if all that metal is still in my oil because I havent done an oil change within 20 minutes of operating temp.

His shit seated before he left the driveway.

89s1
03-18-2009, 09:38 AM
You're calling me wrong?

If so, you don't know shit.

Eleanor
03-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

;) :werd: :rofl:

Loving it :thumbsup:

Destinova403
03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
wow beautiful car man... bring it out to the meets this year when its done :)

what color are you going to paint it?

EK 2.0
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

;)

I dunno the Britney was my favourite part....haha...

chkolny541
03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
i think ive seen this also a few days ago, you looked frozen!

not my cup of tea though, i dont know how you could sit in that without earplugs either

but i do appreciate the workmanship :thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

I dunno the Britney was my favourite part....haha...

Yea, mine too ~gigglezzzzz~

Originally posted by chkolny541
i think ive seen this also a few days ago, you looked frozen!

not my cup of tea though, i dont know how you could sit in that without earplugs either

but i do appreciate the workmanship :thumbsup:

When you're in the centre of the sound it isn't that bad - but woe be to anybody driving next ot me :rofl:

It's funny, i can't believe the number of people who, when I'm stopped idling, start shouting questions to me thinking I can actually hear what they're saying over my cam, lol.

NickGT
03-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I see you went with the supersnake scoop! Nice work! :thumbsup:

sr20s14zenki
03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by R154

except that within 2 heating cycles (operating temp) the rings have seated. And rings seating would be the least of my concerns if all that metal is still in my oil because I havent done an oil change within 20 minutes of operating temp.

His shit seated before he left the driveway.

He is correct, and alot of people do this procedure. In the first 20 minutes, your rings are "mostly" broken in, BUT the negative pressure will force them out and make a better seal apparently. Known hot rodder trick to breaking in engines. Ideally, right when you get the engine out, you wanna find a tall hill, and load the engine up the hill in a medium gear, from 2k to like 5k, dont redline or anything. Then, take the same hill down, and engine brake.

another trick, and works quite well, BEAT THAT FUCKER!!! (=

In the first 10 minutes i had my sr20det running that i built last year, i beat the everloving shit out of it, and got 155 psi of compression after a month, which is perfect.

too bad i detonated number 2 and destroyed a piston (im pretty sure)

BTW: Nice car, the cobra has always been a favorite of mine, that and Eleanor (=

2EFNFAST
03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

He is correct, and alot of people do this procedure. In the first 20 minutes, your rings are "mostly" broken in, BUT the negative pressure will force them out and make a better seal apparently. Known hot rodder trick to breaking in engines. Ideally, right when you get the engine out, you wanna find a tall hill, and load the engine up the hill in a medium gear, from 2k to like 5k, dont redline or anything. Then, take the same hill down, and engine brake.

another trick, and works quite well, BEAT THAT FUCKER!!! (=

In the first 10 minutes i had my sr20det running that i built last year, i beat the everloving shit out of it, and got 155 psi of compression after a month, which is perfect.

too bad i detonated number 2 and destroyed a piston (im pretty sure)

Interesting - well, it did get beaten on - my engine builder dyno'd it for me, so it say 6500rpm before 1mile, hehe.

soloracer
03-18-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmzlzShiNk8&feature=related

You have to admit that at idle there is a similarity.....just amplified a bit more. ;)

I prefer an 8 cylinder with a nice resonance. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjhInJ03-Lg

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1alyW4tVE&feature=related

Your car sounds better the higher revs you go but it seems like you need another couple thousand revs to get it to really sing. I appreciate the work that goes into getting the car going though. A friend of mine built a factory five cobra kit and it looked great but was a lot of work.