PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2 computers - *NO POWER SUPPLY*

Zero102
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I have 2 computers for sale. Both have their parts listed and are functional except that they each require a power supply.

Pentium D 2.6GHz - $75
Asus motherboard (nothing fancy but I don't know the model number)
2GB PC2-4300 DDR RAM
2x120GB IDE hard disks
LG 52X CD-ROM drive
Generic black case
Requires a 24-pin power supply (ATX 2.0)

Celeron D 2.8GHz - $50
Asus motherboard (again, don't know the model number off hand)
512MB RAM
2x80GB IDE disks
LG 52X CD-ROM drive
Generic black case
Requires a 20-pin power supply (ATX 1.3)

I would part with them both for $100.
I removed the power supply from my computer to run tests on each of these computers. It is a big PITA to take my computer back apart again (I am really picky about cable management) so I'd rather not do that just to get the motherboard model numbers. If they are written on the boards I can check them when I get home tonight if anybody needs to know.

I booted both systems into a knoppix live environment and ran 2 full (-wsv) passes of badblocks on each drive and they all showed 0 errors. I also gave each box a full 8 hours of memtest and they do not show a single error.

I am willing to deliver anywhere in Calgary except the deep south (south of Anderson let's say?) since I live in the central NW.

Please email ctrowat (at) gmail (dot) com for more info

megavolt
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Do these motherboards need 20 or 24 pin power supplies? In case they're 20 pin I've got a good 20 pin antec P/S that I could sell for $15.

Zero102
03-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by megavolt
Do these motherboards need 20 or 24 pin power supplies? In case they're 20 pin I've got a good 20 pin antec P/S that I could sell for $15.

Both are listed on their descriptions ;)
If somebody is interested in buying the computers and buying your power supply that's cool, but I have no interest in buying your power supply. I have too many computers in the house already, these are 2 boxes I had around that I scavenged the power supplies from a little bit ago and I am selling them rather cheap since they have no power supplies. If you are selling one you really should post some details up about the power supply because in general Antec power supplies have one of the worst track records out there.

Zero102
03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for all the interest. The Pentium D box has been sold and I have received a lot of interest on both systems. I am trying to work out times to meet and figure out which people are still interested. If the Celeron box is still available after I've had enough time to let everybody respond I'll post back up here.

Zero102
03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Okay, after trying for days to arrange a meeting with several buyers they have all dropped out. The Celeron box is back up for sale. Please email or PM if you are interested. Thanks!

nobb
03-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Just wondering if the motherboard on the Celeron D system would allow for underclocking? I would like to use it to run Windows Home Server, but want to minimize power consumption. Also, any idea if it has gigabit ethernet built in and how many SATA/IDE ports?

Zero102
03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
I'll have to check on that. The motherboard allows CPU frequency control so I would assume it should be fine for underclocking, but as to the number of SATA ports I would like to double check before answering. I don't recall it having any on it but I am not 100% on that. I am almost positive it only has 100mbit ethernet.
I'll get some pics of it as soon as I can

Zero102
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I checked the stats sheet on this motherboard. It is an Asus PSS800-VM
It has 2x150MB/sec SATA ports (plus 2 IDE ports) and only has 100mbit ethernet.
It has 3 PCI slots and an AGP slot as well if you want to throw in any SATA cards. I have a gigabit ethernet card I could throw in if that would make you interested :)

nobb
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
^PM sent.