PDA

View Full Version : Sensation White 2009

Palmiros
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Alright, so for those that don't know what Sensation White is, a brief introduction. Sensation White is an indoor dance event (trance and house), which originated in the Netherlands. It's been around for the last 10 years. It takes place throughout Europe on different dates, but the main show, will take place in Amsterdam on July 3&4. There is usually only one day that the event takes place on, but due to it's growing popularity and 10th celebration this year, they have extended the Amsterdam Arena show to 2 different days (2 separate, although identical shows). There are usually ~45000 people that attend the event.
That being said, I've been seriously considering attending the show this year. I'm subscribed to their newsletter (which gives you the opportunity to buy tickets in advance) and have received an email today.. "The special pre-sale will start on Wednesday the 18th of March at 10.00 o'clock till Wednesday 25th of March 00.00 o'clock (GMT+1)"
I've heard the tickets usually sell relatively fast, so I wanted to post this on there for a couple of reasons. First, to see if anyone has attended the show before, and secondly to give a heads up to anyone considering it.

Date: 3rd & 4th of July
Venue: Amsterdam ArenA
Tickets: Regular from € 69,- Deluxe € 150,- (excl. reservation fee)
Opening hours: 21h00 – 06h00
Dresscode: White
This years theme: 'Wicked Wonderland' will take the party-goers on a thrilling voyage of discovery through a world full of mysterious and sensuous secrets.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9091/flooris15ori.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4048/foto0073ori.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8484/0002alex06982ori.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1560/rutger0778ori.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9373/swo0214ori.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/553/alex0572ori.jpg

:clap:

scat19
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Man sensation white/black are amazing. I have almost all of them on my computer.

I would love to go, what an experience. Let us know if you pull the trigger!

R154
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I would love to go. Delsol_rockstar has gone a few times. He might chime in.

Goo_wak_jai
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah I went there in 2007 it was one of the best parties I have been too, if you were planning to go you should consider the V.I.P tix because your going to need to go to the bathroom and in europe you need to pay , but with the vip you don't need to pay. There are special areas that vip's get to go into that normal tix don't. Tickets are usually sold out within a few hours and the vip's are gone right away. So best bet is to stay awake and get them once they are relesed. You would need multi computer if you want any luck to get your tix at face value.
As for the music it has change dramatically from progressive trance, up lifting trance to house and dance music.

If you were going to sen white you should check out sen black , it was better than white in my opinion. Drinks are very expensive at the event. And if you were planning to get sweaters and such you should get them first thing you get there. It is usually sold out within a couple hours and you can also rent a locker for like 6 euros to put all your shit that you don't want to carry around for the night.

Don't bring hard drugss!!!! my buddy was stripped searched and he had nothing on him. It was was because a dog sniffed him. If you were planning to bring weed don't roll it, they will take it away. You need to bring it unrolled then they will let you bring it in.

You need to take the train and such for the best experience, Maybe just maybe I'll meet you down there this year.

If you got anyother questions pm me I'll answer everything :goflames:

Goo_wak_jai
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh another party to check out is called EXIT it's during that week too.

JAYMEZ
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I went to Sensation White in 2006 , amazing :thumbsup:

GQBalla
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow I would love to go to sensation white. Dang looks so crazy

Wildcat
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Who DJ's at this thing? It looks nuts! 9hrs hours of nuts!

JAYMEZ
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
^^ Could be Tiesto , or any huge headliner. This is one of the biggest partys in Europe.. Its a must see.

max_boost
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, that looks like one hell of a party!

R154
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Armin, sander van doorn, Markus schultz.

Wildcat
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by R154
Armin, sander van doorn, Markus schultz.

For real? Link?

R154
03-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Im not entriely sure where I saw this years' line up, I am sure it was on trancenation though.

kokanee27
03-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Goo_wak_jai
Yeah I went there in 2007 it was one of the best parties I have been too, if you were planning to go you should consider the V.I.P tix because your going to need to go to the bathroom and in europe you need to pay , but with the vip you don't need to pay. There are special areas that vip's get to go into that normal tix don't. Tickets are usually sold out within a few hours and the vip's are gone right away. So best bet is to stay awake and get them once they are relesed. You would need multi computer if you want any luck to get your tix at face value.
As for the music it has change dramatically from progressive trance, up lifting trance to house and dance music.

If you were going to sen white you should check out sen black , it was better than white in my opinion. Drinks are very expensive at the event. And if you were planning to get sweaters and such you should get them first thing you get there. It is usually sold out within a couple hours and you can also rent a locker for like 6 euros to put all your shit that you don't want to carry around for the night.

Don't bring hard drugss!!!! my buddy was stripped searched and he had nothing on him. It was was because a dog sniffed him. If you were planning to bring weed don't roll it, they will take it away. You need to bring it unrolled then they will let you bring it in.

You need to take the train and such for the best experience, Maybe just maybe I'll meet you down there this year.

If you got anyother questions pm me I'll answer everything :goflames:

thanks for the info!
I LOVE sensation but have'nt been able to go yet, and was planning on going to both sensations in 2010

n1zm0
03-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm going to call it and say it'll be majority house this year (for all countries including Netherlands), i would like to go even more if it was i like the way its progressing, only been to WMC and its really nothing compared to this. Lucky guy!

Palmiros
03-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the tips!
Goo_wak_jai, I was actually thinking of getting the regular, just for the "full experience". Is the VIP that much better?
It's not about the difference in price as much as it is getting the best time possible out of it. What's different about VIP?

Goo_wak_jai
03-17-2009, 07:09 PM
honestly if your going to fly all the way there you should go vip, there are special rooms where the djs chill and you have access to those too plus 3 other rooms where regular tix can't go in. And free bathrooms. You will need that forsure. Other wise you would need to line up for like 20 mins to take a piss and along with that have to pay for everytime you go haha.
Full experience = VIP.

And i'm almost 100% sure that the line up isn't going to be up until it a month before the event.

JAYMEZ
03-17-2009, 07:25 PM
^^^ Agreed, VIP everything.

IhateDomestic
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
man... I want to go again ...

Black is the shit!
White is getting really housey and more weird old people.

Black has young hot chicks from all over Europe, ahh Amsterdam is the real Disneyland!

If you don't get VIP, you're an idiot and will regret it greatly since you have to pay to piss and there's always a massive line for regulars. VIP has no waits and it's free! +Free Dinks :hitit:

Palmiros
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Right on, thanks for the advice. I will get the VIP tickets when the pre-sale starts at 3:00am tonight! Anyone here going down there this year?:D
I can't seem to find anyone to go with me around that time, but I'm not too worried, I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun :)
I was thinking of spending about a week or so in Amsterdam, so this will be one of the main thing I'll attend while I'm there.

Mike w
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
black and white are so sick, but you gota check out dance valley, one year im gona make it a point to hit all the sickest huge raves in europe.

Palmiros
03-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Got the ticket last night!

Amsterdam here I come :D

For those interested, VIP (deluxe) ticket includes:

Deluxe ticket

Price E 150 (excl. fee)

Description
Separate entrance
Access to the main area, main dance floor
Limited number of free lockers
Access to the Deluxe areas in the main building with extra entertainment, bars, catering and toilets
Access to the stands
2 drinks

n1zm0
03-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by IhateDomestic
Black is the shit!
White is getting really housey and more weird old people.

i kinda disagree, black is huge on the hardcore/acid trance, cool as hell venue but that stuff is too hard for me, i think house is a good change, alot of the times on ASOT you are listening to house music and you probably didnt know it.

and weird old people.. lol have you been to venues here in Calgary? anyone remember the old guy(60+ seriously) in the indiana jones hat on E? :nut: or the 40 y/o asians at the warehouse?

again, lucky man Palmiros, i could only wish, take lots of pics/movies!

SneakyNeek
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by R154
I would love to go. Delsol_rockstar has gone a few times. He might chime in.

i dunn if hes going to go, hes in l.a right now attending la recording school so who know if he will have time. But hey mayb he will be headlining there one day, Then id get there for free!

Tik-Tok
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by IhateDomestic
VIP has no waits and it's free! +Free Dinks :hitit:

http://www.cvreefers.org/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

Goo_wak_jai
03-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

i kinda disagree, black is huge on the hardcore/acid trance, cool as hell venue but that stuff is too hard for me, i think house is a good change, alot of the times on ASOT you are listening to house music and you probably didnt know it.

and weird old people.. lol have you been to venues here in Calgary? anyone remember the old guy(60+ seriously) in the indiana jones hat on E? :nut: or the 40 y/o asians at the warehouse?

again, lucky man Palmiros, i could only wish, take lots of pics/movies!

Black is mainly hard trance and a bit hardcore, having sen white playing house is like going to the bar which i think is very boring.

And what you see in cgy about the old people is nothing compared to sen white, you see 60+ women dressed like someone fit for pedobear. 50% of the people at sen white will be 40+. Sen black will be where you see the most kids at.

And another thing palmiro you can be yourself there are no fights there, the crowd is the happiest people alive. It's like their on E or sumthing. Some might but it will be hard to bring that shit cause of the dogs.

n1zm0
03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Goo_wak_jai
And what you see in cgy about the old people is nothing compared to sen white, you see 60+ women dressed like someone fit for pedobear. 50% of the people at sen white will be 40+. Sen black will be where you see the most kids at.

exactly what i was trying to say about ihateDomestic's comment:

"White is getting really housey and more weird old people."

old people love E and trance, it makes them feel young again x 10 (.. the E's doing ..), at least i think thats why they go to those.

and i totally agree with some of the house music being boring, like honest to goodness house is boring, prog and electro is what you want to have for an assy as big as Amsterdam arena if you're using house music. Then again super lovejoy ddr trance is also really annoying, well imo.

Seanith
03-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros
Right on, thanks for the advice. I will get the VIP tickets when the pre-sale starts at 3:00am tonight! Anyone here going down there this year?:D
I can't seem to find anyone to go with me around that time, but I'm not too worried, I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun :)
I was thinking of spending about a week or so in Amsterdam, so this will be one of the main thing I'll attend while I'm there.

My buddies and I just got 4 deluxe tickets for the July 3rd night. I'm not into this type of music at all, but i love to throw down with the best of them. We were up at 2:50am this morning! It's going to be sick

:thumbsup:

asp integra
03-18-2009, 12:54 PM
some buddies went to this last years, said it was one of the craziest things they have ever gone too!

sh0ko
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
lets hope its not so god damn housey this year

l/l/rX
03-18-2009, 04:20 PM
sooooo hows the E in amsterdam? :D

is it cheap...ish?

edit: how long is the concert/ rave/ whatever you want to call it? 5-6 hrs?

for those who have gone, did you guys pop or no? risk popping a shitty mellow one and having a whack night? or did you guys go drunk or what?

if you dont want to mention on the public forum PM me please!!!

n1zm0
03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
for those who have gone, did you guys pop or no? risk popping a shitty mellow one and having a whack night? or did you guys go drunk or what?

if you dont want to mention on the public forum PM me please!!!

regulations (http://www.ftb.pl/_files/sensation2007/regulations.pdf)

these are rules of entry for sens white 07 in poland i think, if you read through it, nowhere does it say bringing in drugs is NOT permitted, just going in under the influence is :rofl:

Originally posted by sh0ko
lets hope its not so god damn housey this year

lol stop listening to armin and tiesto then? they play house too, silence remix was house, so are 1/3 of the songs on ASOT every week :dunno: no, i understand the common perception of house is boring and not fast enough, but that's plain elevator house, there are tons of subgenres of house that you probably thought were great trance tracks but didnt know.

armin actually played at sens. white belgium 4 days ago with toca disco, eric prydz, Martin solveig etc, check it out on youtube, but according to his tour date schedule he most likely wont be doing sens. white amsterdam this year, he'll be at the TMf awards and Unighted in Paris (fkkk i wish i could goto that too).

Accord_tunerx
03-18-2009, 09:57 PM
how much did you spend total? for hotel flight? and ticket?

Palmiros
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
how much did you spend total? for hotel flight? and ticket?

VIP ticket was 150 EURO -> ~250 bucks
Plane ticket/hotel for 7 days (I checked several sites online) -> Cheapest I could find was $1400 (there and back + including 7 days at a 4 star hotel.)

:clap:

l/l/rX
03-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

regulations (http://www.ftb.pl/_files/sensation2007/regulations.pdf)

these are rules of entry for sens white 07 in poland i think, if you read through it, nowhere does it say bringing in drugs is NOT permitted, just going in under the influence is :rofl:

To decline admission into the event to a ticket holder who has been found in possession of alcohol or who
has been drinking or taking drugs or similar.

I want to know what beyonders have done then. Go completely sober for the WHOLE ENTIRE night?! That's a lot of soberness. I don't think I could last the whole night sober.

How long is the event? 9pm-5am sort of thing?

n1zm0
03-19-2009, 06:50 AM

To decline admission into the event to a ticket holder who has been found in possession of alcohol or who
has been drinking or taking drugs or similar

Says nothing about possession of drugs upon entry :dunno:

There's gotta be alcohol avail and bringing in a sack of weed, it's Amsterdam ffs.

GQBalla
03-19-2009, 08:04 AM
hes asking about some harder drugs ^^

n1zm0
03-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
hes asking about some harder drugs ^^

lol c'mon man, like any electronic music venue big or small, even here, it'll be around...

and if you really cant find it, just look for the people gnawing their cheeks :nut:

GQBalla
03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
very true!! ahahah

Palmiros
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM

has been drinking or taking drugs or similar.

I want to know what beyonders have done then. Go completely sober for the WHOLE ENTIRE night?! That's a lot of soberness. I don't think I could last the whole night sober.

How long is the event? 9pm-5am sort of thing?

I think they're more focused on people not bringing in massive amounts of alcohol; I highly doubt anyone would care if you walked in there tipsy :P

RZA
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
man when Tiesto hosted sensation white, man that show was the shit

Palmiros
05-01-2009, 04:17 PM
2 more months to go! I was looking at booking a hotel online but I'm not quite sure where abouts I should be looking. For those of you who have been down there before, did you go with something central *DT Amsterdam* or something a bit off center? (say a few KM away from DT)
I'm seeing advantages/disadvantages to both, and can't quite decide on which to go with. Some popular attractions are closer to the off center ones, but then you have the DT Amsterdam.. which I can only assume will have wicked sick night life.. especially within that time frame. How are the trains down there, fairly reasonable (time wise)? Thanks!

JAYMEZ
05-01-2009, 05:57 PM
^^ Stay DT Amsterdam , see if you can get into the Flying Pigg.

Seanith
05-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
^^ Stay DT Amsterdam , see if you can get into the Flying Pigg.

Werd. I'm staying in the Flying Pig Uptown on July 1st (to check it out) and then the flying pig downtown july 2nd to 4th.