PDA

View Full Version : does anyone here have portable welder, and if so, can u help me out!!??

LUDELVR
05-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Wassup guys, I really, really, really, need someone with a portable welder to help me out! I need to cut my stock downpipe from underneath my car. The bolts on the car are completely corroded and the only way I can see is to cut the pipe. I tried hacksawing it, but an hour later, my traps are so sore and I only made a little dent in it! Any help would be awsome!!!!

LUDELVR
05-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Hey, no fag answers!:madred: Only helpful people answer this thread please!!! hahaa:D That is unless u want to spend about 10 hours under my car hacksawing!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

redline
05-29-2002, 05:07 PM
You do not need a welder you need a cutting torch or a grinder / cut off wheel.

And then after the pipe is off you will need a welder!

redline
05-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Do you have a butane (sp?) torch ( benzomatic or some like it?) Heat helps taking off rusted bolts... but so do air tools!!:D

LUDELVR
05-29-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by redline
You do not need a welder you need a cutting torch or a grinder / cut off wheel.

And then after the pipe is off you will need a welder!

Yah, sorry, I meant to say blow torch or cutting torch!! I think I inhaled too many steel shavings from trying to cut it with a hacksaw!!! haha:nut: :nut: Prolly because I was looking for someone with a welder about two months ago. But yah, that's what I meant to say. Someone with some sort of cutting device!

LUDELVR
05-29-2002, 05:12 PM
Do you have a butane (sp?) torch ( benzomatic or some like it?) Heat helps taking off rusted bolts... but so do air tools!!:D

No, but I have a propane powered camping stove!!!:dunno: :dunno:

infamous
05-29-2002, 05:59 PM
i had the same problem taking the rear driveshaft off of our vehicle...we ended up using a super mini pair of clamp on plier things (i can't think of the name right now) and they came off pretty easy...i tried sawing for like 4 hours as well...it was a waste of time if you ask me! but try that because the bolts on it were rusted and sheeit...there is no way we could get them off but with the pliers it's worth a try...if not, sorry i wish i did have one :( hope you get it figured out

legendboy
05-29-2002, 09:36 PM
If u bring it by my shop tomorrow night around 7:00pm I'll cut it off for u. just pm me

max_boost
05-29-2002, 10:23 PM
LOL
No wonder I haven't heard from you in awhile, you have been too busy with your junk yard turbo hehe:rofl: :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 12:59 AM
Okay, I'm almost through!! I ended up using my jigsaw, haha, but I'm like 70% through. I just need to go to canadian tire and buy another blade!! haha. I broke the one that I was using. Oh well, once this muthafucka is off, I can put on my downpipe and take off my oil pan so I can weld on that damn oil drain fitting! Hey, do u guys think I'll need a new oil pan gasket? how long do they usually last for anyway? My car's a 94 btw.

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
If u bring it by my shop tomorrow night around 7:00pm I'll cut it off for u. just pm me

thanks man, but I can't even drive my car at the moment, or else I'd go to the guy who's making my manifold and endtanks!! haha:) Anyway, it sucks when u have no oil in the car, no ecu, no intake piping and no exhaust manifold! My car did move today, but it was when I was pushing it forward about 5 meters!! haha:clap: Man, that was fun!!:thumbsup:

redline
05-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Okay, I'm almost through!! I ended up using my jigsaw, haha, but I'm like 70% through. I just need to go to canadian tire and buy another blade!! haha. I broke the one that I was using. Oh well, once this muthafucka is off, I can put on my downpipe and take off my oil pan so I can weld on that damn oil drain fitting! Hey, do u guys think I'll need a new oil pan gasket? how long do they usually last for anyway? My car's a 94 btw.

yes get a new oil pan gasket

del-lude
05-30-2002, 11:15 AM

hey Leo, you might have to reuse your oilpan gasket cause I tried ordering one from Honda for my oil pan and they don't even have a part number for it???

redline
05-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by del-lude

hey Leo, you might have to reuse your oilpan gasket cause I tried ordering one from Honda for my oil pan and they don't even have a part number for it???

:bullshit:

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 02:38 PM

I don't know man, I just talked to T&T and they said they had 4 of them in and they were $26.98 each! That's cheaper than canadian tire, who wanted 30 bux! Anyway, I'm gonna pick one up prolly this weekend. U need one too huh? Anyway, give me a shout when ur gonna go get it and I'll pick one up too! Hey, can u drop by my place and bring that tap? I took off that oil feed cap on the side of my engine and I need to tap it. thanks man.
Oh yah, by the way, I was able to successfully cut the downpipe!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Man, that took so freaking long! So the good news is that I am in the midst of taking off my oil pan. I have removed all 18 bolts plus the cover to the fly wheel and the pan is pretty much off, but I can't get it past that bar that is directly beneath it. Do I have to remove this damn thing? Any help would be awsome!!!:thumbsup:

del-lude
05-30-2002, 02:51 PM

I don't know man, I just talked to T&T and they said they had 4 of them in and they were $26.98 each! That's cheaper than canadian tire, who wanted 30 bux! Anyway, I'm gonna pick one up prolly this weekend. U need one too huh? Anyway, give me a shout when ur gonna go get it and I'll pick one up too! Hey, can u drop by my place and bring that tap? I took off that oil feed cap on the side of my engine and I need to tap it. thanks man.
Oh yah, by the way, I was able to successfully cut the downpipe!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Man, that took so freaking long! So the good news is that I am in the midst of taking off my oil pan. I have removed all 18 bolts plus the cover to the fly wheel and the pan is pretty much off, but I can't get it past that bar that is directly beneath it. Do I have to remove this damn thing? Any help would be awsome!!!:thumbsup:

Must be different for the 98 preludes than cause I called Calgary Honda and they said they don't have a oil pan gasket for that year, they use a liquid gasket maker?? don't know much about the bar thing, my car doesn't have a bar under the oil pan, just had to remove the downpipe and flywheel cover and the pan came right off. Give me a call tonight and i'll bring the tap over.

del-lude
05-30-2002, 02:54 PM

:bullshit:

call Calgary Honda and ask for a 98 Honda oil pan gasket if you don't believe me.

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 03:05 PM

Must be different for the 98 preludes than cause I called Calgary Honda and they said they don't have a oil pan gasket for that year, they use a liquid gasket maker?? don't know much about the bar thing, my car doesn't have a bar under the oil pan, just had to remove the downpipe and flywheel cover and the pan came right off. Give me a call tonight and i'll bring the tap over.

Is ur pan off right now? If it is, u should bring it by tonight and we'll see if it's the same fitting. What time can u come by tonight? I have to go pick up kev at 7:30 or so...I have his car! haha. Anyway, I also have to go see ben tonight. I think he's done my manifold.

legendboy
05-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Okay, I'm almost through!! I ended up using my jigsaw, haha, but I'm like 70% through.

Damn man, that is a lot of crappy work, you should have used a little wheel cutter or rented an electric one!!! It would have taken 30 seconds!:)

del-lude
05-30-2002, 03:26 PM

Is ur pan off right now? If it is, u should bring it by tonight and we'll see if it's the same fitting. What time can u come by tonight? I have to go pick up kev at 7:30 or so...I have his car! haha. Anyway, I also have to go see ben tonight. I think he's done my manifold.

i'll swing by at 6-6:30 sometime if you're gonna be there

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 03:31 PM

Yah, I'll be here. I just took off that bar, and the oil pan comes right off!! SWeet! Now I have to bring this bad boy over to ben's house so he can weld on my fitting! Hey nhan, can u bring over ur ecu? Can I use it for a bit until bob can take out my chip? I don't want him to rush and fuck something up. I still want to sell that chip. Thanks man.

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

Damn man, that is a lot of crappy work, you should have used a little wheel cutter or rented an electric one!!! It would have taken 30 seconds!:)

Yah, woulda, should, coulda...but what can u do now!:rolleyes: :nut: haha, at least that muthafucking thing is off! whew! Man, I love my jigsaw!! haha.

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 03:35 PM

Oh yah, don't forget the tap man!!:thumbsup: Or I'll be tapping ur mom's ass!!

del-lude
05-30-2002, 03:37 PM

Yah, I'll be here. I just took off that bar, and the oil pan comes right off!! SWeet! Now I have to bring this bad boy over to ben's house so he can weld on my fitting! Hey nhan, can u bring over ur ecu? Can I use it for a bit until bob can take out my chip? I don't want him to rush and fuck something up. I still want to sell that chip. Thanks man.

Ya sure I'll bring the ecu and the oil pan by tonight then

del-lude
05-30-2002, 03:38 PM

Oh yah, don't forget the tap man!!:thumbsup: Or I'll be tapping ur mom's ass!!

Ya I'll bring that too. and I'd tap your moms ass too but i don't think you can tap it any bigger!!!

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 03:41 PM

Ya I'll bring that too. and I'd tap your moms ass too but i don't think you can tap it any bigger!!!

:rofl: :rofl: Fag!!! haha

spyderman
05-30-2002, 03:53 PM

I'd tap your moms ass too but i don't think you can tap it any bigger!!!

I feel bad for doing that to her, but she took it well... :rofl: