PDA

View Full Version : Another Global Warming Thread LOL

911fever
03-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Explorers On Global Warming Expedition Stranded in North Pole by Cold Weather

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509735,00.html

Three global warming researchers stranded in the North Pole by cold weather were holding out hope Wednesday as a fourth plane set off in an attempt deliver them supplies.

The flight took off during a break in bad weather after “brutal” conditions halted three previous attempts to reach the British explorers who said they were nearly out of food, the Agence France-Presse reported.

“We’re hungry, the cold is relentless, our sleeping bags are full of ice,” expedition leader Pen Hadow said in e-mailed statement. “Waiting is almost the worst part of an expedition as we’re in the lap of the weather gods.”

Hadow, Martin Hartley and Ann Daniels began an 85-day hike to the North Pole on February 28 to measure sea ice thickness, the AFP reported.

With bad weather hampering supply flights, the team is was down to half-rations, battling desperate sub-zero temperatures and unable to proceed, the AFP reported.

"It'll be a relief to get our new supplies," Hadow said in a statement Wednesday. "Until (the plane) does arrive, we need to conserve energy and can't really move on."

The expedition now expects to arrive at the North Pole in late May.

Looking to measure ice that's melting hey?
rofl

badatusrnames
03-18-2009, 08:46 PM
It is sweet irony.

But weather doesn't equal climate. Both sides of the argument are guilty of confusing this.

CUG
03-19-2009, 12:51 AM
LOL Sweet irony.

ragu
03-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by 911fever

Looking to measure ice that's melting hey?
rofl :rofl:

msommers
03-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Hearing a lot of folks advocating GW and those thinking it's a complete shame, I personally feel that we are experiencing both presently but expecting some straight shot answer. Is it not possible that A & B could be right instead of just one? Be open-minded people!!

Legless_Marine2
03-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by 911fever

Yet more dreck from a turd who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate, and probably failed high school science.

B20EF
03-19-2009, 06:16 AM
I thought most scientist agreed global warming meant ultimately a new ice age as a result. I believe our planet is due for another mini ice age anyways.

911fever
03-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2

Yet more dreck from a turd who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate, and probably failed high school science.

what if I'm taking third year environmental science courses, dipshit? ;)
interesting though, I think we could see the next ice age as well.

Eleanor
03-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Yet more dreck from a turd who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate, and probably failed high school science. :rofl:

I think this thread was a joke in that it was ironic that the "global warming" researchers had to shut down because of cold.

And yes, man made global warming is a fraud :drama:

CUG
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM

Yet more dreck from a turd who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate, and probably failed high school science. I scored a final grade of 98% in high school science, and I still believe global warming is 3/4 a profit driven alarmist propaganda machine.

alloroc
03-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Really ...

Man is responsible for climate change, and I have a picture of asians playing with plastic figures in the desert to prove it. It is an authentic, photo - And in color, no less.

Please give it careful review, and then prove me wrong:

http://www.traveling-stories-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/b.jpg

DonJuan
03-19-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL!

B20EF
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I scored a final grade of 98% in high school science, and I still believe global warming is 3/4 a profit driven alarmist propaganda machine.

Maybe true for sure, but you absolutely cannot deny that humans created all the pollution in the world. If this global warming scare helps prevent less pollution in our city then I'm all for it.

Have you ever been to an Asian big city? you need to walk around with a facemask to feel comfortable breathing.

911fever
03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by B20EF

Maybe true for sure, but you absolutely cannot deny that humans created all the pollution in the world. If this global warming scare helps prevent less pollution in our city then I'm all for it.

Have you ever been to an Asian big city? you need to walk around with a facemask to feel comfortable breathing.

Volcano's put out more CO2 than humans.

msommers
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
CO2 levels aren't the be-all end-all Jesus Christ.

911fever
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by msommers
CO2 levels aren't the be-all end-all Jesus Christ.

Scientist's usually measure them to indicate/support their research of global temperatures that are warming. Fundamental part of their argument.

canuckcarguy
03-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by B20EF

Huh? What the hell does this have to do with global warming? Air pollution comes in a bunch of different forms. And by and large, we've come a long way on air pollution.

But in my opinion, if you want action on air pollution, then activate for action on air pollution. Don't instead lie about a bullshit problem and then expect to be taken seriously on actual real issues.

B20EF
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
It seems most solutions to combat global warming include lowering emissions which should in turn cause less pollution -win win.

911fever
03-19-2009, 10:04 PM
i think its these women that cause the world to heat up.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2068/031209bymiamifever04.jpg