PDA

View Full Version : Who said Lexus didn't have a bark?

911fever
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
L0KI2GjXcjk
:drool:
HD this!

Eleanor
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
gotta love v8 rumble :drool:

JordanAndrew
03-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Dude of coarse the IS-F has bark, it's one of lexus' top of the line cars. It's a 70K car. I love that car but for that money I would buy something else.

911fever
03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Dude of coarse the IS-F has bark, it's one of lexus' top of the line cars. It's a 70K car. I love that car but for that money I would buy something else.

its not 70k anymore!
try low 50's, high 40's in the US.

C4S
03-18-2009, 10:17 PM
$50G = $70K cad now .... it is not like 15month ago ..

JordanAndrew
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

its not 70k anymore!
try low 50's, high 40's in the US.

Actually based on a US website the IS-F starts at $56,610 US Dollars. Convert that in Canadian dollars and it jumps to just over 70K.

USA website
http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/index.jsp

Where as in Canada it starts at $65,300

Canadian website
http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience/en/home/vehicles/configurator/BP262V2009/configurator.jsp?model=BP262V&year=2009

In the end it's gonna cost you 70K at least after taxes and all the fun fees. All information are all based on the website, dealerships might have a better pricing. Thanks for coming out though newbie.

911fever
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by C4S
$50G = $70K cad now .... it is not like 15month ago ..

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1821381&adid=7567827
this Lexus dealership in Toronto is priced at 55k Canadian

JordanAndrew
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1821381&adid=7567827
this Lexus dealership in Toronto got me one priced at 55k Canadian

And that's also a used car. Seriously learn how to read. :thumbsup:

911fever
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM

And that's also a used car. Seriously learn how to read. :thumbsup:

oh my fault!
i didn't know we were talking about brand new, I just thought we were talking about 08 models.
yeah new they are over 60k, that one i listed is under 60k and it only has 10,000km so its a good price

dino_martini
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Like I love the IS-F, but the rear seat is so tiny. I wonder why Lexus even bothered with the rear seat.

rumeo
03-18-2009, 10:39 PM
This car is just :drool:

911fever
03-18-2009, 10:41 PM
WjDMVViq31s

wow, 290?

psycoticclown
03-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Pretty sexy noise, but like other people have mentioned, better cars for that kind of money.

soloracer
03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Too bad they only came in automatic. A stick would make the car much more fun to drive. Nice car but wouldn't be my first choice for the money.

JordanAndrew
03-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
Too bad they only came in automatic. A stick would make the car much more fun to drive. Nice car but wouldn't be my first choice for the money.

Have you test driven one? Automatic cars are actually getting more fun to drive nowadays. Not to mention the automatic can shift a lot faster than any manual drivers out there with the improvement of the transmission.

I test drove a G37 and the automatic which was also a 4WD was faster than the manual car. Crazy eh?

Redlyne_mr2
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
IIRC soloracer drove the Neiman Marcus ISF in the bullrun, the car would be nuts with a manual tranny, on the other hand on the track it's so easy to handle and drive with the auto. As for rear seats no different than the rear seats in an m3, c63, theyre all relatively small cars with big engines:D . There are some good deals on used ISF's out there, 08's can be found for under 60K now. Every time I take one out the VTEC V8 sound puts a huge smile on my face. :bigpimp:

sneek
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM

Have you test driven one? Automatic cars are actually getting more fun to drive nowadays. Not to mention the automatic can shift a lot faster than any manual drivers out there with the improvement of the transmission.

I test drove a G37 and the automatic which was also a 4WD was faster than the manual car. Crazy eh?

I could be wrong but doesn't Infiniti use a RWD biased AWD system. I am pretty sure it isn't 4WD...but I could be wrong.

I can't remember who did the review but I remember hearing that the IS-Fs auto was no fun on down shifts.

962 kid
03-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by sneek
I can't remember who did the review but I remember hearing that the IS-Fs auto was no fun on down shifts.

Depends on how you drive it. If you do your own revmatching then after a while, it seems to pick it up and will start doing it for you. If you drive it like a grandma, then it's like any other automatic when downshifting.

soloracer
03-18-2009, 11:33 PM

I've probably had a more vigorous test drive of one than anyone here. *lol* Nice car but the auto made it boring to drive for me. Brakes were decent enough to pull it down quickly in panic stops. Fairly stable all the way up to an indicated 175 mph. It's a little quicker than the RS4 - we were able to slowly pull them in all the time. Not nearly as fast as the Techart 997 TT though ;) Backseats are small but we had passengers for a bit and it was no problem. It was a great car for an event like Bullrun. Decent performance, comfortable, and most of all could hide in a crowd better than the Ferrari's or Aston's. It was pretty thirsty though and the tank seemed to be fairly small.

The biggest downside for me is the 8 speed gearbox. It seemed to shift a lot - like it was always hunting for the right gear. Unlike the Porsche PDK, which is a slick dual clutch gearbox, the ISF is an automatic. You seem to be confusing the dual clutch boxes with the automatics. Yes the autos are better than the old slapsticks in your grandads Trans Am but they are not a match for the dual clutch boxes or a decently driven manual.

94boosted
03-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Pretty sexy noise, but like other people have mentioned, better cars for that kind of money.

Like a MB C63 AMG :drool:

ReflexFX
03-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I love how he chose a playground zone to test his ISF in.

psycoticclown
03-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by soloracer

Not nearly as fast as the Techart 997 TT though ;)

Completely different class though.

Originally posted by 94boosted
Like a MB C63 AMG :drool:

Agreed!

Bumjubeo
03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
WjDMVViq31s

wow, 290?

How about that fuel gauge as well haha, loses quite a fair bit in that short video :)

jsn
03-19-2009, 01:40 AM

Some may be faster... but driving an automatic takes out all the fun in driving. I don't think I'd ever settle for an automatic no matter how fast it is.

JordanAndrew
03-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by jsn

Some may be faster... but driving an automatic takes out all the fun in driving. I don't think I'd ever settle for an automatic no matter how fast it is.

haha I guess I'm just getting lazy but when I test drove the G37 I was quite impressed and how fun it drove. I would love to test drive the new 370z and see how that handles and performs. I'll compare both manual and automatic and see what I like better.

blownz
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM

I don't want to start a huge e-fight over this, but just because an automatic can shift faster than a manual doesn't mean it is more fun...

Either way, car sounds sweet, but a agree with everyone that has said for the money they would buy something else.

And I still can't stand the look of those tailpipes and the fact they are not attached to the actual exhast. lol

911fever
03-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by blownz

I don't want to start a huge e-fight over this, but just because an automatic can shift faster than a manual doesn't mean it is more fun...

Either way, car sounds sweet, but a agree with everyone that has said for the money they would buy something else.

And I still can't stand the look of those tailpipes and the fact they are not attached to the actual exhast. lol

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2008/10/2008-audi-r8-the-great-tailpipe-conspiracy.html

There been considerable hand wringing lately over the faux exhaust tips on the new Ferrari California. Such trickery seemed suspicious enough when it showed up on the Lexus IS-F, but on a Ferrari it's been deemed sacrilege.

Well, got some more bad news for you, the R8 is guilty too. It's less noticeable because the exhaust pipes are tucked away so neatly into the bodywork, but the photo doesn't lie, those tips are not connected.

Redlyne_mr2
03-19-2009, 09:35 AM
As car designs become more radical I think were going to see more and more of these faux exhaust tipes. With the design of vehicles and the increasing use of rear diffusers it becomes very difficult to make exhaust tips fit properly let alone look good. The LS460 has fake square tips on the back and has since it's inception. For some reason the ISF took all criticism though.

Eleanor
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
For some reason the ISF took all criticism though. Because there's four of them, and it looks weird. Although you are right, there are quite a few cars with "faux" exhaust tips, some pull it off better than others.

911fever
03-19-2009, 09:39 AM
As car designs become more radical I think were going to see more and more of these faux exhaust tipes. With the design of vehicles and the increasing use of rear diffusers it becomes very difficult to make exhaust tips fit properly let alone look good. The LS460 has fake square tips on the back and has since it's inception. For some reason the ISF took all criticism though.

yeah the Ferrari California has fake tips, same with R8 as I posted above.

max_boost
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
redlyne_mr2, any used clean IS-F come in, let me know lol

JordanAndrew
03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by blownz

I guess it depends what the driver looks for in a car. Being a fun car can mean being the faster car, it can mean being a better handling car, etc so yes you are right in a way. That doesn't mean it doesn't make it more fun either though.

2EFNFAST
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Because there's four of them, and it looks weird. Although you are right, there are quite a few cars with "faux" exhaust tips, some pull it off better than others.

It looks like they didn't even bother to try to line them up :rofl:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x69/clafel72/IS-F/12_IMGP4245_.jpg

legendboy
03-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I built a straight through mid pipe for hollywoods GS430. It sounded almost like a nascar when it was done :drool: (he already had a carson? catback and headers.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/shackner/welding%20thread/gs430.JPG

dino_martini
03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
IAs for rear seats no different than the rear seats in an m3, c63, theyre all relatively small cars with big engines:D .

Honestly I thought the M3 and C63 had a lot more room in the rear. I think maybe it has something to do with how huge the front seats are in the ISF.