PDA

View Full Version : sunquest cancelled/changed our departure date

autumnrain
03-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi guys,
Sunquest sucks!
I booked a group of 50 to leave June 14, 2009 and now they said they couldn't get a flight out and it been changed to June 12, 2009. I tried complaining and getting some sort of free excursion or something. but they aren't willing to give me anything.

basically my options are:
go with the new date
or cancel the group

i'm just ranting and wanting to see if this happened to anyone before.

thanks

bigboom
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
This happened to us on a group for a destination wedding on signature vacations, those were the same options given to us and if you read the contract you will find you really have no recourse other than what they jsut told you.

autumnrain
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
so what did you guys do?

yeah this is wedding group too.
all the planning and the dates were perfect
gay!

jdmakkord
03-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Thats the travel industry, if the flight was not profitable for them, with not enough seats sold, they will cancel/postpone till it is.

bigboom
03-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by autumnrain
so what did you guys do?

yeah this is wedding group too.
all the planning and the dates were perfect
gay!

we were at their mercy...thankfully they actually changed the dates back, so essentially they changed the dates on us twice, once to a different date and then back to the original date. it was frustrating but you just have to roll with it.

they couldnt have changed the date that much though right? might be a day or two different than the original?

eblend
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

they couldnt have changed the date that much though right? might be a day or two different than the original?

read the OP post again...he said 2 day difference

autumnrain
03-19-2009, 05:24 PM
yeah it was a 2 day change.
wow they chagned it and then changed it back
fuk that sucks...

Lilac Wine
03-30-2009, 10:46 AM
This happened to our family as well. A bunch of us were booked through Transat cause my cousin was getting married in Mexico. The dates changed and we all had to be up at 4:30 am to catch our flight home the morning after their wedding.