PDA

View Full Version : Classic Ontario Street Racing Law

911fever
03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
BRAMPTON, Ont. — A Brampton, Ont., teen has temporarily lost his car and is facing a street racing charge after police allegedly clocked him driving almost 200 km/hr.

Ontario Provincial Police say the 17-year-old was driving 194 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on Highway 410 near Brampton, Wednesday night.

The boy, who has a G2 licence for new drivers, was charged with stunt driving, or street racing, having more than a zero blood alcohol level and underage drinking.

His licence has been suspended for a week and his car, a Toyota Avalon, impounded -- automatic measures under Ontario's street racing law.

A driver with a G2 licence has been driving for less than a year and is not allowed to consume any alcohol.

---------

Busted!

speeding (street racing)
Impaired
under age drinking

when are people going to learn...stupid stupid stupid!

the guy won't get insurance quotes here under 20 grand a year. No joke.

da_rite
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
..then you wonder why we get bent over for crazy law's and insurance hikes....
...especially if you drive a avalon:facepalm:

...must of been one of them racing editions

2ndgenlude
03-19-2009, 08:18 PM
A 17-year-old Brampton, Ont., teen could face a fine of up to $10,000 for stunt driving after he was clocked by Ontario Provincial Police driving 194 kilometres per hour on Hwy 410 in a Toyota Avalon registered to one of his parents.

registered to his parents lol

TomcoPDR
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Suspended for 1 week??? That's it? WTF

It's not about "none of your business" but I have a real problem with people driving recklessly (drunk driving, drugs, speeding at uncontrolable speeds)... I don't give a fuck what happens to them if they drive off a cliff, but people like that endanger other motorists/pesdestrian on city/public streets.

Go buy your own farm/land and fuckin' drink and drive/ speed all you want.
:whipped:

pattyt
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Just down the street from me, i take that highway everyday, and lemme tell you that is definetly not a smart idea with a) the size of the waves/potholes in the highway and b) Cops stake out that place literally everyother day. He definetly deserved it. DEFINETLY.

89s1
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
It's just too bad the cops caught up to him.

Before Darwin that is.

911fever
03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by pattyt
Just down the street from me, i take that highway everyday, and lemme tell you that is definetly not a smart idea with a) the size of the waves/potholes in the highway and b) Cops stake out that place literally everyother day. He definetly deserved it. DEFINETLY.

yeah its not a nice road either to be cruising at that speed, especially when intoxicated. The guy's an idiot.

ExtraSlow
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I have no idea you could get an Avalon up to that kind of speed. Must have taken him about twenty miles of foot to the mat.

Xamim
03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I have no idea you could get an Avalon up to that kind of speed. Must have taken him about twenty miles of foot to the mat.

All down hill with some strong wind. :burnout:

Kona9
03-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by pattyt

Definitely ;)

Idratherbsidewayz
03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Ohhhh moments of recklessness when getting your parents car for the first time. He didn't kill anyone, everyone has done it, end of story.

Eleanor
03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Isn't this an old article?

911fever
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Ohhhh moments of recklessness when getting your parents car for the first time. He didn't kill anyone, everyone has done it, end of story.

yeah everyone's sped, but who drinks and drives at that speed?

Idratherbsidewayz
03-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

Nm, stoned as fuck and only read zero alcohol blood level. Definitely retarded to be drinking and driving.

911fever
03-19-2009, 10:34 PM

Nm, stoned as fuck and only read zero alcohol blood level. Definitely retarded to be drinking and driving.

are you going back to Calgary over the summer ?

mac_82
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM

This guy:

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/topics/story.html?id=1161642

231 km/h on the Don Valley in his MB CLK 63 AMG.

TunerBaby
03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
The kid is probally going to end up getting a slap on the wrist.

CelicaST-162
03-19-2009, 10:50 PM
If it's a 2005+ It won't have a problem getting up to 200KM/H :)

911fever
03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by TunerBaby
The kid is probally going to end up getting a slap on the wrist.

in Calgary maybe. Sure as hell not here.

doctortalon
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM

in Calgary maybe. Sure as hell not here.

i doubt that, when i got clocked doing 190 in my s2 i got two months suspension and $800...highly doubt thats a slap on the wrist.

btw that was a sunday afternoon with no cars around on the highway. sober.

ClearBluewater
03-23-2009, 11:54 AM

yeah its not a nice road either to be cruising at that speed, especially when intoxicated. The guy's an idiot.

Just because he was above 0 doesn't mean he was intoxicated. FUCK THE POLICE?

911fever
03-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater

AHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA

2.0turbo
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM

As if everyone on here has not gone 194 at some point in their life. Laws are so much more harsh than they used to be.

I know how fast everyone of my cars that i've ever owned goes.

We are all young at some point and do stupid things, its just harder to get away with them these days. If I was 17 today, I'd be removed from the street because of tickets and insurance.

Don't even pretend that any of you hypocrites haven't/don't push your cars past the limits they should be at some point. Lucky for you, you haven't been caught.

Hard lesson for the kid to learn, as stupid as he was being, I feel bad for him.

ClearBluewater
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

As if everyone on here has not gone 194 at some point in their life. Laws are so much more harsh than they used to be.

We are all young at some point and do stupid things, its just harder to get away with them these days. If I was 17 today, I'd be removed from the street because of tickets and insurance.

Don't even pretend that any of you hypocrites haven't/don't push your cars past the limits they should be at some point. Lucky for you, you haven't been caught.

Hard lesson for the kid to learn, as stupid as he was being, I feel bad for him.

Too true, and the kid will for sure get only a slap on the wirst, he might get some painful tickets, but hes 17 wtf are they gonna do lol.

911fever
03-24-2009, 11:25 PM

Too true, and the kid will for sure get only a slap on the wirst, he might get some painful tickets, but hes 17 wtf are they gonna do lol.

wrong wrong wrong. It's not Alberta here.

2EFNFAST
03-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

That's a pile of bullshit. I havn't gone more than 120, maybe 125kph, my entire life. Why - I don't feel the need to play boy racer on the roads and find out what happens when a car, for example, doesn't see you and veers right into your path when you're doing your 194 or 160 or whatever.

If I don't feel the need to beat the living shit out of my cobra (1900lbs, 700hp/tq) and endanger myself/others on the road, why do you feel the need to drive like a reckless asshole in your 1984 corolla?

Btw, your tickets/insurance comments proves my point - there's a reason why at 25 I could insure a viper for around $700/yr, but that's probably your monthly payment on your toyota.

da_rite
03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

That's a pile of bullshit. I havn't gone more than 120, maybe 125kph, my entire life. . Why - I don't feel the need to play boy racer on the roads and find out what happens when a car, for example, doesn't see you and veers right into your path when you're doing your 194 or 160 or whatever.

If I don't feel the need to beat the living shit out of my cobra (1900lbs, 700hp/tq) and endanger myself/others on the road, why do you feel the need to drive like a reckless asshole in your 1984 corolla?

Btw, your tickets/insurance comments proves my point - there's a reason why at 25 I could insure a viper for around $700/yr, but that's probably your monthly payment on your toyota. I havn't gone more than 120, maybe 125kph, my entire life.

i hope your talking about the streets, otherwise that 700hp is giving you reason to be called a flake

alloroc
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM

YA LAY OFF I KNOW HIM HE'S A CHILL GUY :rolleyes:

chkolny541
03-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by da_rite

i hope your talking about the streets, otherwise that 700hp is giving you reason to be called a flake

lol :rofl: