PDA

View Full Version : let's talk IMPARK

Talies R
10-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Ok, so my unpaid Impark tickets are starting to add up. How many unpaid tickets do you guys have? The machine at the lot this morning wouldn't let me pay more than $8.00, so of course 2 mins after my time expires the buddy wrote a ticket. Since I have afew unpaid tickets, should I start to worry and pay them now? Or continue to ignore there scare tactics?

roopi
10-16-2003, 12:36 PM
i'd quit parking in Impark lots before they tow you.

alloroc
10-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Either that or get a new licence plate.

rage2
10-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Eventually, they will come to you with collection agencies. And they can fuck up your credit, which kinda sucks.

B17a
10-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Eventually, they will come to you with collection agencies. And they can fuck up your credit, which kinda sucks.

I thought we had several threads where it was agreed that Impark can threaten you with collections, collections can hound you but they can't touch your credit??

rage2
10-16-2003, 12:51 PM
And I told everyone that they're fooling themselves :).

I had to get my house co-signed on the mortgage cuz of a $400 dispute with a collection agency who stopped hounding me and left a mark on my credit report.

Credit's one of the worse things you can mess up... unless you're super rich and pay cash for everything heh.

B17a
10-16-2003, 12:57 PM
And I told everyone that they're fooling themselves :).

I had to get my house co-signed on the mortgage cuz of a $400 dispute with a collection agency who stopped hounding me and left a mark on my credit report.

Credit's one of the worse things you can mess up... unless you're super rich and pay cash for everything heh.

That's shitty. They must have really had a hard-on for you to pursue so hard for $400, I know a few people that have had that and more and have had no problems, a couple calls from collections but then things just die off.

bksze
10-16-2003, 01:11 PM
http://www.canada.com/calgary/specials/consumer/parking_questions.html

that's a good read

rage2
10-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by B17a
That's shitty. They must have really had a hard-on for you to pursue so hard for $400, I know a few people that have had that and more and have had no problems, a couple calls from collections but then things just die off.
hehe yea, they died off all right. Right on my credit rating. You'd be surprised how much time/effort it takes to get something like that removed. I wasn't successful :).

ninjak84
10-16-2003, 01:28 PM
If people can't understand why Impark tries to fuck them over so bad, then they should try reading a book.

szw
10-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
If people can't understand why Impark tries to fuck them over so bad, then they should try reading a book. :dunno:

Blue Devil 2
10-16-2003, 03:15 PM

Can you explain further, how they are able to fuck up your credit?

Seanith
10-16-2003, 03:45 PM
yeah i thought they can't do shit?? i thought that legally they aren't even allowed giving you tickets let alone inforce them if you don't pay?? :dunno:

rage2
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
Can you explain further, how they are able to fuck up your credit?
The collection agency tries to get you to pay. You don't pay. It's on your credit record that you defaulted on $400 (in my case). I went to buy a house. Ask for mortgage. Bank pulls up credit record. Bank sees I defaulted on $400 payment. I get denied unless I make a HUGE down payment I can't afford, or get a co-signer.

I got lucky that my inlaws co-signed for me.

B17a
10-16-2003, 03:57 PM

I got lucky that my inlaws co-signed for me.

:D I'm sure they were real impressed with their no credit dead beat son in law after that! J/K!:D

redline
10-16-2003, 04:05 PM
I had a unpaid out of prov. speeding ticket that was 5 years old and that showed up on my credit report when i bought my house. I almost never got the house because of that.

all i had to do was pay the ticket and the bank was fine with everything after that.

But i have tons of unpaid impark tickets and they have never showed up.

Talies R
10-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by bksze

that's a good read

That was a good read!

Can a private citizen refer a debt to a collection agency?
I thought you have to be given credit in order to lose credit, how can your credit rating be touched by not paying a private matter that can only be ordered through small claims?

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Redine, Rage2 there should not be any marks on your credit, if there are then your bureau was pulled illegaly. In order to pull a persons personal financial information a signature of authorization is needed...someones screwing you guys around

pinoyhero
10-16-2003, 06:04 PM
My girlfriend got towed after having just one ticket. I recommend you either pay the tickets or avoid the imparks from now on.

DSM Power
10-16-2003, 09:09 PM
I don't think that one ticket (say under $100) would show up on any credit report. But maybe a whole bunch of them would. :dunno:

CRX-R
10-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bksze

that's a good read

That's a great read!!!! Basically it says that they CAN'T touch you. Even if your car is in their lot. All they can do is inconvenience you by towing your car, but they still have to pay all the charges!! That's fantastic. I know Impark was sued last year for their collection agencies tactics. They were telling people that there credit would be shot and that they'd better pay or else kinda things. They lost! Now if you actually look at the collection letters, everything they say has 'may' before it. We 'may' be forced to persure this further, This 'may' adversely effect your credit rating.

I'm printing this shit out and giving copies to everyone I know!!!

hinggu
10-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
yeah i thought they can't do shit?? i thought that legally they aren't even allowed giving you tickets let alone inforce them if you don't pay?? :dunno:

But theoretically, when you park in the impark lots, aren't you entering in some kind of contract? By parking in the lot, aren't you agreeing to pay them for the amount of time you park and agreeing with the terms? so they do have a right to go after you for tickets with a collection agency.

Talies R
10-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far :thumbsup: but I'm still unsure if the collection agency is able to affect your credit?

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Talies R
Thanks for all the replies so far :thumbsup: but I'm still unsure if the collection agency is able to affect your credit?
No, just because your tickets have been forwarded to a collection agency doesnt mean they can affect your bureau. Hell they can't even pull a bureau without your full name, birthday, and SIN, they also need authorization for it from EQUIFAX

kaput
10-16-2003, 10:36 PM

CRX-R
10-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by kaput

You agree to pay them for the amount of time you park. Otherwise they could sue you for an arbitrary amount of money and say that by parking there you agreed to pay them say a million dollars if you exceeded your time.

Yes, but as the Global page said, (A) They don't goto small claims court (it'd be too expensive for them.. because the judge would only award them for the time you were there ie; 1hour over what you paid for = $1.25 judgement for them. $100 to collect $1.25 :dunno: (B) There isn't a single instance on record of them winning anything that they have bothered to take to court (probably long ago they tried a few times until they realized it wasn't worth the money)

hinggu
10-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R

Yes, but as the Global page said, (A) They don't goto small claims court (it'd be too expensive for them.. because the judge would only award them for the time you were there ie; 1hour over what you paid for = $1.25 judgement for them. $100 to collect $1.25 :dunno: (B) There isn't a single instance on record of them winning anything that they have bothered to take to court (probably long ago they tried a few times until they realized it wasn't worth the money)

Actually I think you are right. As I recall, they can only collect what they lost monetarily, and that would be the amount of time you were over.

BigMass
10-16-2003, 10:56 PM
i have at least 6 unpaid impark tickets over the past 8 years and i still park in their lots. No problems so far except for that collection agency i told to fuck off over 5 years ago. Nothing current. PS I had no problems getting a mortgage and my credit is perfect.

CRX-R
10-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
i have at least 6 unpaid impark tickets over the past 8 years and i still park in their lots. No problems so far except for that collection agency i told to fuck off over 5 years ago. Nothing current. PS I had no problems getting a mortgage and my credit is perfect.

SEE :thumbsup: BigMass is living proof!!! Bottom line... Don't sweat it if Impark comes after you... Just tell them to fuck off!! It worked for me, they used to call or send a letter once ever few months, then I yelled at a collection guy who called real early one morning, I haven't heard from them in years now.

kaput
10-16-2003, 11:06 PM

Ben
10-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Merry Christmas.

Hello Mr. Tighe.

I write to try and clear the air with a bunch of my colleagues in regards to whether Imperial Parking (IMPARK) can really affect your credit rating if you do not pay their tickets. They refer you to a company called Canadian Bonded Credit, which looks after traffic Violations from Impark. Can they damage my credit on a 65 dollar balance?

Please let me know.

Thank You Tony.

Cheers

Ben

--------

No they can't Ben, and if CBC is claiming it can, they are violating the Fair trading Act.
You can file a complaint with Alberta Consumer Services at 1-877-427-4088.
Credit Bureaus do not accept debts from private parking companies and at last check, Imperial was not a member of the 2 credit bureaus and as a result can not file debts with them.

The Credit bureaus also don't take debts less than $75 dollars.

Tony

Talies R
10-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Cheers

Ben

Thank's Ben! So even though my balance is over $75 they cannot file a debt?