PDA

View Full Version : terra2imports....... overpriced

chris746
03-20-2009, 07:48 PM
my dad is having me look for a hilux or pajero for him and i've been looking over some importers websites. i came across this pajero

they are charging $11,154 which seems pretty expensive..... then i came across the same car on jdmconnection

wow its good to shop around terra2 seems like they are raping people in the asssssssssss:werd:

narou
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
dude really you should go with JDM Connection.. Will is a good guy

badatusrnames
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by narou
dude really you should go with JDM Connection.. Will is a good guy

Yeah, I found the same thing when I was shopping around, terra2 was pretty pricey...

For the most part, William was very prompt and very willing to answer all of my questions, very good to deal with.

There was a big clusterfuck with my import documents, inspection & parts and I found that the communication and organization between himself (he just brings the cars into the country) and the guy who was handling the out of province inspection & repairs and in feeding information back to myself wasn't the best at times. I felt like perhaps I was getting a bit of the run around.

In the end, I did get a great car at a competitive price. I would likely deal with JDM Connection again. Although, if I was to pick up another imported car, I would likely buy one that's already landed. You just assume too much risk in bringing one over sight unseen.

SRT10Killer
03-20-2009, 07:54 PM
just a heads up, another company that highballs the crap out of almost everything is redlineimports.ca

Graham_A_M
03-22-2009, 11:07 AM
japan-partner

^Take a look at those guys.

I find JDM connection is quite pricey too. :dunno: The prices they ask for some of their vehicles are crazy.

also check out j-specimports

benz_890
03-22-2009, 04:52 PM
import it yourself. thats what i did with my integra zxi

chris746
03-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
japan-partner

^Take a look at those guys.

I find JDM connection is quite pricey too. :dunno: The prices they ask for some of their vehicles are crazy.

also check out \j-specimports\ [/B]

japan partner haha those guys are an exporter not an importer. i seriously dont know what the prices are from them even because they dont tell me a cost other than what the car is before shipping. i've heard some nightmare stories about them also.

i'de rather give a bit of $$ to a canadfian company and jspec looks good but they never send emails back and dont have a phone number.

chris746
03-22-2009, 05:00 PM
i dont want to import it myself either becuase i dont have the time...... my pops already talked to will at jdm yesterday and he found him a nice hilux and got a smokin deal too

Gabe182
03-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I have a pajero for like 6 if you want it.

full size one, everything is working, brand new tires.

EM1FTW
03-22-2009, 08:44 PM
whats wrong with good old jdmsource?

maxomilll
03-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by EM1FTW
whats wrong with good old jdmsource?

:werd: jdmsource was awesome when i picked my car up.

chris746
03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
nothing wrong with jdmsource but i dont think he has many hilux or pajero around. will hooked us up good but i may see what jdmsource has when im looking for another car. i missed a silvia fromhim a while ago

narou
03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
any of the prices I have seen with jdm connection that are to high is because the broker that is selling them not William himself.. If you want something specific he will help you find it in an auction at a small fee which is mostly saved through his importation techniques anyways.

japancar
03-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I heard good things about jdmsource.

If you want to import yourself, PM me or see www.sastrad.com in Nagoya. You can have access to our auction site and I will help you find what you're looking for. Sure, importing is cheaper but takes longer so you have to weigh that fact to buying it in Canada for a higher price. Just giving folks an option.