PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Violation Ticket Question

SoSlowDx
10-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Can the police give you a ticket for failing to stop at a yellow light? I was coming to an intersection while it was green, when I was approaching the light I had to slow down to about 30-40 km/h to turn(no cars were in the opposite direction). As I got pretty close to the light it turned yellow so I just turned. If I had stop it would of been a hard brake.
Cop pulls me over tells me I failed to stop at a yellow light.

I've seen some ppl that have to run a yellow light b/c they're really close to the intersection and stopping would leave them in the centre of the intersection. Other ppl told me you don't have to slow down or stop??? As long as you don't run a red light.

anyways it says here: 53(1) Fail To Stop Before Entering Intersection-Yellow light. $115

And my address was correct but I live in the SE and the cop put NE????

:confused: :banghead:

rage2
10-16-2003, 03:32 PM
108(1) When a yellow light is shown at an intersection by a traffic control signal at the same time as or following the showing of a green light, the driver of a vehicle approaching the intersection and facing the yellow light shall stop before entering
(a) the marked crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or
(b) if there is no such marked crosswalk, then before entering the intersection,
unless such a stop cannot be made in safety.
These tickets are very easy to fight. Talk to the CP and tell him it was not safe to stop.

Talies R
10-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2

These tickets are very easy to fight. Talk to the CP and tell him it was not safe to stop.

So a large truck following closely at speedlimit of say 60 would not be considered safe right?

max_boost
10-16-2003, 04:37 PM
That's stupid man........sorry to hear Johnny!!!

That.Guy.S30
10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
ahha wtf this happen yesterday?

SoSlowDx
10-16-2003, 06:12 PM
no just this morning man. I couldn't believe it man.

oh yeah what is a CP?

kaput
10-16-2003, 06:27 PM

SoSlowDx
10-17-2003, 12:32 AM
so you guys that know think I can win this???

That.Guy.S30
10-17-2003, 12:54 AM
yes.. just say it was unsafe to stop since if you did stop you would be in the middle of the road

Skyline_Addict
10-17-2003, 01:11 AM
yeah it's pretty ironic.

think about it this way...if cars didn't have seatbelts... people would have a tendency to drive more carefully. if someone in this situation got into an accident, it is likely that it would not be too fateful due to the cautious driving.
on the contrary if cars did have seatbelts as they do... people would have a tendency to feel safer behind the wheel and perhaps end up driving faster. it is likely that an accident would be more treacherous due to the more gung-ho attitude.
changing a couple things here and there usually doesn't change anything much ( even if for the better ).
the only way to stop pedestrians getting hit by cars is to have no cars at all!...now, that's not going to happen is it?

lammer
10-17-2003, 01:29 AM
haha yo john i got off on my fine this morning!!
no demerits and he even reduced my ticket !!

but it came at a price..they messed up my name with some other dude i stayed there for like 2 hours hearing stories from people siting beside me about racing and getting Nos and shit..

link785
10-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by lammer
but it came at a price..they messed up my name with some other dude i stayed there for like 2 hours hearing stories from people siting beside me about racing and getting Nos and shit..

lmao

lammer
10-17-2003, 02:06 AM
man those guys were such tools.
they are like "YAH MAN!! I WANNA GET A BIKE, dress up in black, race in the streets, doing 150km/h! cops can't find me at night and shit"

"then i gotta go tunerworks and pick up my turbo!"
"Yo lets go speedville?"
"NO man!!, ____ goes there, his car is slow man!"
"yeah i gotta get my turbo and get an oil cooler the size of my hood"
"doing 150 in my grandam!"

nickyh
10-17-2003, 12:48 PM
My brother braked for a yellow on McLeod because a cop was on his ass (SUV - Marked) the cop beind him slammed into his rear so hard that the rad was cracked and the SUV had to be towed.
The cop walked up to my brothers car to see if he was okay - first words out of his mouth - "I thought you were going to run it" - the cop hit him at about 50km.

To brake or not brake when you have a cop on your ass - make sure you get a copy of the paperwork so it does not get "lost".

Every situation is different - in your case you have a valid point.

SoSlowDx
10-17-2003, 08:43 PM
yeah the cop was behind me don't know which lane but I mean when there is a yellow light you got to use your best judgement. If I were to brake it would of been a hard brake and probably in the intersection.

Seanith
10-17-2003, 11:43 PM
yellow light tix shouldn't be given unless they are blatant running of stale yellowish red lights. if your turning i'm doubtful its going to put anyone at risk at all.