PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus vs Radiohead

zipdoa
03-21-2009, 02:02 PM
This really isn't ground breaking information, or even that important at all, but is this bitch fucking stupid? American celebrities ride on a high, high horse.

A week after Miley Cyrus shared with the world her plans to "ruin" Radiohead after they snubbed the young starlet at the Grammy Awards, the band has responded to the singer's threat.

Last week, Miley went on the radio and shared an anecdote about how excited she was about finally having the chance to meet Radiohead at the Grammys — only to be told the guys "don't really do that." So, she said, "I left, 'cause I was so upset. I wasn't going to watch [them perform]. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them. I'm going to tell everyone."

A rep for the band commented to Us Weekly, "When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement."

The Miley beef is just one of a few feuds the rockers find themselves in these days. Kanye West also has a bone to pick with the band. During his "VH1 Storytellers" taping, West told the audience he, too, was snubbed by the British band at the Grammys. He was so mad that when Radiohead performed, "I sat the f--- down."

So, much in Kanye's style, the guys addressed the beef rumors on their Web site, Dead Air Space. "Wish us all a safe journey," Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke blogged. "If you still like us and you're not one of those people I have managed to offend by doing nothing, xx."

Link (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1606914/20090312/radiohead.jhtml#FW_Comments3_2_headerArea)

Nitzer5
03-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Miley is a bloody fool for thinking she is entitled to meet celebrities just because she is one. On the other hand, I'm surprised Kanye is feeling rejected, I reckon he's turned down a few meet and greets in his own time too.

atgilchrist
03-21-2009, 04:20 PM
^ But the world revolves around him, didn't you get the memo?

403Gemini
03-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Pretty bad when Southpark can get Radiohead to guest star but they wont even say hi to Kanye or Miley... if anything I promote radiohead even more now :thumbsup:

nonlinear
03-21-2009, 07:51 PM
pfft.

i wouldn't give that dumb bitch the time of day... why should radiohead, who are arguably the most important rock artists since nirvana?

The Cosworth
03-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Pretty bad when Southpark can get Radiohead to guest star but they wont even say hi to Kanye or Miley... if anything I promote radiohead even more now :thumbsup:

:werd: fucking gold

narou
03-21-2009, 08:00 PM
What a dumb bitch. She is lucky Radiohead even showed up to perform in the same night as her!

googe
03-21-2009, 08:21 PM
sounds like radiohead are the assholes with the sense of entitlement

Spoons
03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by googe

Exactly what I was thinking lol, I have no clue how anyone would think otherwise by reading that.

Both fucking idiots in the end, both need to grow up. BUT I can see where Miley is coming from, band she really wanted to see, maybe loved them while growing up, and then gets turned down. That really isn't a way to treat a fan.

And then you get people on here on Radioheads side simply because they hate Miley. You know I can't say I like her, but I don't get wound up on how she makes her money, just like the other celebs. Doesn't sound like Miley has a entitlement issue at all.

I HATE 50 cent, but he did say it best: If the haters hate, let them hate, just watch the money pile up.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-21-2009, 09:20 PM

Entitled to what, the ability to turn down meeting a fan when they don't want to? :rolleyes: Yeah, that's some serious entitlement right there.

jsn
03-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

BUT I can see where Miley is coming from, band she really wanted to see, maybe loved them while growing up, and then gets turned down. That really isn't a way to treat a fan.

I'm a fan of theirs. By your logic, if I show up to one of their concerts, they should make a special case to come meet me? Do you know how many fans they have that would probably want to meet them? Who cares if miley is a fan. Just because shes a celeb she assumes that radiohead will have a special meet and greet with her?

I don't like miley nor do i hate her. She's just another spoiled celeb IMO. She thinks she can "ruin" radiohead??? I'm sure radiohead fans will boycott radiohead just because miley has a beef with them :rolleyes:

googe
03-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Entitled to what, the ability to turn down meeting a fan when they don't want to? :rolleyes: Yeah, that's some serious entitlement right there.

yep, only cunt bands do that. most realize that they're just people like anyone else, and treat others accordingly. if you're busy that's one thing, if you don't want to sign autographs for everyone, sure. but "sorry, we don't do that" = asshole. if someone is already backstage and they want to say hi, why wouldnt you? especially considering that your fans, and only your fans, are the reason anyone gives a shit who you are in the first place.

radiohead were pretentious cunts before that anyways.

don't get me wrong, her reaction sounded like an immature girl, but thats what she is, so i don't really expect anything else.

btw, did you write the buzzed driving is drunk driving blog?

BerserkerCatSplat
03-22-2009, 03:01 AM

btw, did you write the buzzed driving is drunk driving blog?

:dunno: Nope, wasn't me. Any article by me has my name at the bottom.

Tik-Tok
03-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Im not a fan of Radiohead, but it's fully in their right to not meet and greet a fan, famous or not.

Besides, I wouldn't want to meet Miley either... until she turns 18... :poosie:

95teetee
03-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
... radiohead, who are arguably the most important rock artists since nirvana? wow, now I feel bad that I can name , possibly, one of their songs.

Which is the same number of Miley Cyrus songs I know, oddly enough.

ricosuave
03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I doubt very much that that annoying little tween like radiohead as much as she says she does...

big fan growing up? um, ok, sure miley.

JEFFRIX
03-22-2009, 09:25 AM
who the fuck is Miley Cyprus?

l/l/rX
03-22-2009, 09:22 PM
they're beefing with a 16 yr old... fail.

nonlinear
03-22-2009, 09:53 PM

entitled to what? why are they assholes? because they are artists and don't want to have to have to sit and deal with some 16 year old corporate pop creation? radiohead is a very private band and they are not celebrities. you don't see them on the cover of tabloids or on TMZ everyday. they are true artists, and because that is so rare in film and music these days, people expect that they should have to play this silly celebrity game? they just wanted their privacy.

Originally posted by l/l/rX
they're beefing with a 16 yr old... fail.

they're not doing anything.... Thom yorke was minding his own business in his dressing room and this whole media circus was created by this chick because, frankly, she is a media whore and nothing more.

zipdoa
03-23-2009, 09:15 AM

entitled to what? why are they assholes? because they are artists and don't want to have to have to sit and deal with some 16 year old corporate pop creation? radiohead is a very private band and they are not celebrities. you don't see them on the cover of tabloids or on TMZ everyday. they are true artists, and because that is so rare in film and music these days, people expect that they should have to play this silly celebrity game? they just wanted their privacy.

they're not doing anything.... Thom yorke was minding his own business in his dressing room and this whole media circus was created by this chick because, frankly, she is a media whore and nothing more.

Exactly, Radiohead is notoriously shy around the media, and rightfully so. Their private lives are nothing of the publics business, nor is it Miley Cyruses. She needs to understand that not everyone believes that celebrities are held on a higher plate. WTF does a 16-year old plan on discussing with a group of 40-year olds anyway?

Eleanor
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
So let me understand this, Miley wanted to meet them and they said no, so she's all pissed?

TKRIS
03-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't want to have to meet either one of them either. I'd rather be left alone than to have to play nice with some teeny-bopper Disney creation or arrogant, annoying douchebag.

I'm not a huge Radiohead fan, but I think they've got the right to not be obligated to hang out with whatever flash in the pan, windbag who happens to want a photo op with them.

403Gemini
03-23-2009, 09:43 AM
If i was radiohead I would have made a statement after:

"We want to clear something up, we don't want to meet Miley... right now. When she hits 18... it's fair game ;)"

See how much shit that would stir :D

nonlinear
03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
and BTW, i have met radiohead. well, thom, jonny and ed anyhow.

so i guess in their book, i'm 'more worthy' than miley cyrus hahahahhah

zipdoa
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
and BTW, i have met radiohead. well, thom, jonny and ed anyhow.

so i guess in their book, i'm 'more worthy' than miley cyrus hahahahhah

Do tell!

nonlinear
03-23-2009, 10:54 PM
met them at place des artes in montreal. a few years ago.

EDIT: thom was very quiet and humble. ed definitely the most personable/talkative. jonny kinda in between the two, but again pretty quite and shy.

i was really quite impressed that they are normal people and treated me with respect, and didn't act like celebrities. if anything, i think they're embarrassed by their celebrity.

zipdoa
03-24-2009, 10:01 AM
met them at place des artes in montreal. a few years ago.

EDIT: thom was very quiet and humble. ed definitely the most personable/talkative. jonny kinda in between the two, but again pretty quite and shy.

i was really quite impressed that they are normal people and treated me with respect, and didn't act like celebrities. if anything, i think they're embarrassed by their celebrity.

That's what I've heard. I've read about them lots and they seem to dispise how North America tends to hold celebs on a higher plate, as if they're worth more than a regular person.

I'd like to meet/jam with Jonny one day, he's got a lot of really different cool riffs and ideas!

ZorroAMG
03-24-2009, 10:29 AM
I dunno, I think people with real celebrity (not those fucks, famous for being famous) have a duty to give to their fans, in moderation.

Every job has its pros and cons. I'm sorry but loss of privacy and signing autographs/meeting fans is hardly "boohoo, woe is me" worthy.

BUT....they are people too...people get tired and non-cooperative some times, doesn't mean Achy Breaky Hurt Jr needs to be a douche.

89coupe
03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I heard her teeth fell out during a photo shoot...LOL. Anyone find any pics of it on the internet? :rofl:

ZorroAMG
03-24-2009, 10:43 AM
LOL...baby teeth?? hahaha

Eleanor
03-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I dunno, I think people with real celebrity (not those fucks, famous for being famous) have a duty to give to their fans, in moderation. :werd:

I don't agree with Miley's self-centered attitude, but at the same time, she is just a fan of them and they do have some obligation to meet her. It's part of the job.

zipdoa
03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I dunno, I think people with real celebrity (not those fucks, famous for being famous) have a duty to give to their fans, in moderation.

Every job has its pros and cons. I'm sorry but loss of privacy and signing autographs/meeting fans is hardly "boohoo, woe is me" worthy.

BUT....they are people too...people get tired and non-cooperative some times, doesn't mean Achy Breaky Hurt Jr needs to be a douche.

Yeah, I don't think they have a problem with meeting fans (as stated above, beyond member having a chat), but probably more so with people like Miley Cyrus, whose entire career is built on a foundation that the band likely sees as superficial, distasteful, and uncreative. She's probably only heard creep anyways.

nonlinear
03-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
they do have some obligation to meet her. It's part of the job.

what? they don't have an obligation to anyone. what do you mean it's "part of their job"? they're the ones doing the job, not you, so don't tell them how to do it :rolleyes:

Wildcat
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
JAILBAIT

http://inplacenews.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/miley-cyrus-myspace.jpg
http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/miley_cyrus_underwear.jpg
http://3critical.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/miley_cyrus_bikini.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/fisherwy/SDmkV5wZW-I/AAAAAAAAPCU/mCae43CQfN4/Miley%20Cyrus%20underwear%20photo%20scandal%5B3%5D.jpg

89coupe
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
LOL...baby teeth?? hahaha

No, caps. All her front teeth are fake!

ZorroAMG
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
:werd:

I don't agree with Miley's self-centered attitude, but at the same time, she is just a fan of them and they do have some obligation to meet her. It's part of the job.

I wouldn't say OBLIGATION...like going out of their way to travel somewhere to meet people all the time, it's more like ok, if she's at the same event and word gets back that she's a fan and they aren't in the middle of something, WALK THE FUCK OVER AND SAY HI....

95teetee
03-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

She's probably only heard creep anyways. thank you- I was trying to remember why they were famous.

oh and :werd: ^^^

Eleanor
03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't say OBLIGATION...like going out of their way to travel somewhere to meet people all the time, it's more like ok, if she's at the same event and word gets back that she's a fan and they aren't in the middle of something, WALK THE FUCK OVER AND SAY HI.... Sorry, yes. Maybe obligation wasn't the right word. If Miley was like "meet me here at this time" I'd tell her to fuck off, but if a fan ran up to me on the street and asked for my autograph, I wouldn't be all "please respect my privacy"

ZorroAMG
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
^ agreed.

Wait...did I just say that to YOU??

:D

Eleanor
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM
^ yeah, seriously come on. You can't be agreeing with me all the damn time, now I gotta find someone else to have e-fights with.

Bastard.

:D