PDA

View Full Version : How to beat a luxating patella

zipdoa
03-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I have bad knees, more specifically, a very bad left knee. I have dislocated it more times than I can remember, and each time it has happened the pain and recovery time gets worse.

I have been squatting and leg pressing my ass off at the gym, but my right leg is still visibly bigger than my left. I am guessing this is because during my last 3 dislocated knees (suffered all by my left knee), I literally spent TWO MONTHS hopping around on one leg.

My question is, how do I focus energy on building muscle on the outsides of my knee (the issue is that the grooves in my bones that my kneecap sits in are not deep enough, therefore it gives the kneecap an oppurtunity to pop out during certain situation). I would love to purchase "bulletproof knees", but don't exactly have $130USD laying around for self help books.

Any tips of building knee strength?

ExtraSlow
03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
I highly reccomend that you see a physiotherapist. They can suggest specific exercises to rebuild the strength in your knee. I would be very careful taking advice from strangers about this as you could end up aggravating the condition.