PDA

View Full Version : A good multivitamin??

Jonel
03-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey can anyone recommend a good multivitamin, just looking for one where I can get all the vitamins and minerals I need which is hard for me to just get in food. Taste is not an issue but it would be nice if it wasn't in a hard pill form.

89coupe
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
USANA Essentials, rated #1

Jonel
03-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
USANA Essentials, rated #1

thanks for the fast reply, do you know where I can get this locally? GNC? Safeway? Popeye's?

Wildcat
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I vouch for animal pak. Its available at Popeye's, Samson's and some GNC locations.

89coupe
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Jonel

thanks for the fast reply, do you know where I can get this locally? GNC? Safeway? Popeye's?

Here you go.
http://shop.usana.com/shop/jsp/onlineServices/shop/ProductDetail.jsp?ts=1237839963866&sessionId=E8BC3AA4BA322ABD413FE84F435C2652.worker9&retailLink

ragu
03-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
I vouch for animal pak. Its available at Popeye's, Samson's and some GNC locations.

Personally I haven't tried any supplements other than whey protein and glutamine but where ever you look up recommendations for best multivitamin......Animalpak

Wildcat
03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ragu

Personally I haven't tried any supplements other than whey protein and glutamine but where ever you look up recommendations for best multivitamin......Animalpak

Yup, i also stick with what works. Vitamins, protein, glutamine, taurine. A little extra vit C, D and B complex in winter and a few specialty supplements mostly for digestion;

-Chrominum piconate and Vanadyl Sulphate with shakes
-Cranberry, Lower bowl and Kidney Bladder complex
-Flax seed oil
-Caffeine and ephedrine before the gym
-Zinc and Melatonin before bed

And that's it. Pretty much everything else you can find in a supplement store beyond that is a big waste of time and money IMO.

Argenine and these nitrous oxide products are nonsense, same with all those pro testosterone formulas and whatever gimicky supplement muscletech has out that month. Stick with the supplements you're supposed to supplement your body with, not these magic muscle building concoctions.

Darkane
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna switch to AOR unsweetened Essential mix.

Pretty good stuff, Calgary based as well.

Powdered form, and it comes packed with good shit.

But have been taking Beverly Super-Pak for 2 years now, quality stuff no doubt :thumbsup:

adidas
03-23-2009, 08:09 PM
USANA like 89coupe said but its hard pill form tho.

The best one ive ever tried and i actually feel better the next day!

I combine it with Mega Antioxidants also from Usana!

colt22
03-23-2009, 08:17 PM
All Multivitamins brands vary only marginally in terms of quality.
If you look at it empirically they are all artificially produced vitamins, derived from unknown sources. As a matter of fact, I have read that recent studies conclude that these products actually provide little to no real health benefits and poorly replicate what whole fruits and vegetables would do for you.

That being said, I do think a multivitamin is essential in poor diet, but if your training hard you dont need a 'HARDCORE MULTIVITAMIN'. I recommend anything natural/organic, as long as it has the whole spectrum, it is good.

forget about all the GNC popeyes hype shit, it wont help you. Here are the products I have tried and I can honestly say they are all the same in the end.

GNC megaman
Controlled labs Orange Triad
Optimum Nutrition Opti Men
Jaimesons power vitamins for men
Animal Pak

Again, save your money (and time) and stick with natural whole foods in a clean diet. If you really cant eat properly than try looking for a good organic multivitamin that includes decent amounts of VitA,D,E and other antioxidants as you dont want to chince yourself of the vitamins and minerals you are missing, but at the same time dont throw away money on hype supplements.

Darkane
03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by colt22
All Multivitamins brands vary only marginally in terms of quality.
If you look at it empirically they are all artificially produced vitamins, the derivatives are unknown im most cases. As a matter of fact, I have read that recent studies conclude that these products actually provide little to no real health benefits and poorly replicate what whole fruits and vegetables would do for you.

That being said, I do think a multivitamin is essential in poor diet, but if your training hard you dont need a 'HARDCORE MULTIVITAMIN'. I recommend anything natural/organic, as long as it has the whole spectrum, it is good.

forget about all the GNC popeyes hype shit, it wont help you. Here are the products I have tried and I can honestly say they are all the same in the end.

GNC megaman
Controlled labs Orange Triad
Optimum Nutrition Opti Men
Jaimesons power vitamins for men
Animal Pak

Again, save your money (and time) and stick with natural whole foods in a clean diet. If you really cant eat properly than try looking for a good organic multivitamin that includes decent amounts of VitA,D,E and other antioxidants as you dont want to chince yourself of the vitamins and minerals you are missing, but at the same time dont throw away money on hype supplements.

Hmmm, you're missing arguably the most important group of vits. The B's.

The thing about the big vit packs is the amount of B they supply. Any gym going or highly active person needs a lot of B vits.

89coupe
03-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by adidas
USANA like 89coupe said but its hard pill form tho.

The best one ive ever tried and i actually feel better the next day!

I combine it with Mega Antioxidants also from Usana!

You want the powder form as its absorbed by your body better.

zipdoa
03-24-2009, 09:23 AM
The most important thing about animalpak is that it turns your piss a lovely neon green.

JAYMEZ
03-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Animal Paks from Popeyes :thumbsup:

wts
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I remember a program done on either W5 or the 5th estate about vitamin manufactures and the quality of their products in Canada. To make a long story short Jamison has the top rated labs in NA.

They stopped short of stating which "one" company actually met what was on the container labels, but they did say that that particular company had the best lab and was the only capable of insuring what they put on the label was actually in the product.

Reading between the lines while watching the program pointed at Jamison. They went on to say if you buy the other products you take a chance of getting something between not bad to outright lies about what was actually in the products. They stated the tests done for the program were performed by a number of independant labs in Canada.

reno97637
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
GNC Vitamins are made by Jamison by the way.

Wildcat
03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Health Canada is anal about the content of the nutrition/supplement facts. It has to be 100% accurate or it will not reach market. Health Canada provides the due diligence to ensure the accuracy of what is being produced.

The states on the other hand is largely de-regulated, FDA doesn't operate as strict of a consumer code as we do. Many supplements can hide behind proprietary blends as a means of not disclosing their contents.

Originally posted by wts
I remember a program done on either W5 or the 5th estate about vitamin manufactures and the quality of their products in Canada. To make a long story short Jamison has the top rated labs in NA.

They stopped short of stating which "one" company actually met what was on the container labels, but they did say that that particular company had the best lab and was the only capable of insuring what they put on the label was actually in the product.

Reading between the lines while watching the program pointed at Jamison. They went on to say if you buy the other products you take a chance of getting something between not bad to outright lies about what was actually in the products. They stated the tests done for the program were performed by a number of independant labs in Canada.

max_boost
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
A few questions on the Animal Pak, way easier asking you guys than searching around the net.

1. This one is out of curiosity more than anything. Could you just take the Animal pak without working out or any exercise? lol If so, any effects?

2. Related to #1. I'm starting up again. Badminton 2X/week, cardio 2-3X/week, weights 2-3X a week. Schedule isn't fixed just depends how I feel/recover from things. So I'm taking it seriously but not hardcore serious. I'm not expecting over night results, get ripped, increase lifts everytime out etc. I'm realistic. My diet isn't going to be perfect but I'm not going to go out of my way by eating garbage etc. I just don't have the will power to say no to certain foods :drool:

So Animal Pak is for me? Yes? No?

3. 11 pills per pack. Take it in all at once? Morning? Afternoon? Evening? Before workout? When do you take it?

Thank you!

Wildcat
03-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I've always taken it all at once first thing in the morning along with a handful of other vitamins. The package also recommends taking two packs daily for HARDCORE TRAINING lol. Some of the other stuff I mentioned have specific times of when you can take them but generally taking all your vitamins first thing in the morning is a good way to start your day.

max_boost
03-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh yeah, thoughts on the workout routines suggested on the Animal Pak website?

I'm n00b so give it a shot?

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=32

training routine #1
CYCLE: 3 Days Per Week
LEVEL: Novice To Intermediate
GOAL: Introduction To Bodybuilding

Legs
• Leg Presses: 3 Sets x 12 Reps
• Leg Curls: 2 Sets x 12 Reps
• Standing Calf Raises: 2 Sets x 12 Reps

Chest/Shoulders
• Flat Barbell Bench Presses:
2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Barbell Shoulder Presses:
2 Sets x 10 Reps

Back
• Front Pulldowns: 2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Barbell Rows: 2 Sets x 10 Reps

Arms
• Barbell Curls:
2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Lying Tricep Extensions:
2 Sets x 10 Reps

other

• Ab Crunches: 2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Aerobic Training: 20 minutes of low
intensity aerobic

Monday: ON

Tuesday: OFF

Wednesday: REPEAT

Thursday: OFF

Friday: REPEAT

Saturday: OFF

Sunday: OFF

civic_rida
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I take gnc mega mens twice a day.

I think ill try this animal pak stuff see what the hype is.

Sam that workout routine seems really low when it comes to volume.

Sakui77
03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
animal pak is a rip off, ISS Super Vitamin Pack is the legit shit, same stuff as the animal pak but cheaper and 10 more servings.

e36bmw///
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
nm

Daxin
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I take the Multigreens by Purity Products. Check out the ingredients:

http://www.purityproducts.com/product_ingredients.asp?sku=186#details

Another very good Multivitamins is by a company called New Chapters. They are strictly organic now and uses real foods in they products.

Jonel
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm not really looking for multivitamins that helps with weights / working out in general. I'm just looking for normal day to day stuff since i'll be on a stricter diet (about 1400cal). And 11 pills is a bit excessive T_T was thinking more of along the lines of a one pill a day kind of thing.

max_boost
03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Jonel:
Wouldn't your regular Centrum daily do the trick then? 1400 calories? Isn't that quite low? :nut: :dunno:

Anyone know where the cheapest place you can get the Animal Pak (44packs)?

Jonel
03-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Jonel:
Wouldn't your regular Centrum daily do the trick then? 1400 calories? Isn't that quite low? :nut: :dunno:

Haha probably, just wanted to see if there was a better alternative out there.

As for the calories. My recommended daily cal intake is 2200, so as long as I'm in the 1400-1600 range I think i'll have a good deficit.

I'm just tinkering with this for the next 3 weeks, then i'll re-assess it accordingly afterwards.

Darkane
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Jonel

As for the calories. My recommended daily cal intake is 2200, so as long as I'm in the 1400-1600 range I think i'll have a good deficit.

I'm just tinkering with this for the next 3 weeks, then i'll re-assess it accordingly afterwards.

Where did you get that info?

1400-1600 is a sure way to lose muscle, Unless you're like 140lbs.. Which why the fuck are you cutting in the first place?

Well, unless you're 4'5" or something :)

Wildcat
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Jonel:

http://www.supplementscanada.com/

Its based out of popeyes in edmonton, so you get it the next day or two from your order and they throw in a bunch of free samples and shirts, its great!

godlovestofu
03-25-2009, 11:14 PM
you could also just go to one of the 3 popeyes in calgary, and it would work out to be about the same cost

max_boost
03-26-2009, 01:55 AM
That's still pretty expensive. civic_rida sent me a site (saved at work) where it costs $25USD for the same 44pack! Even with conversion and shipping it should be way under $57 unless it's shipped UPS and I get dinged with $40 brokerage lol

kutt3r
03-26-2009, 06:33 AM
I am actually amazed no one has posted this yet...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/405307/Multivitamin-Guide

My aunt has the book.. take a peek and see how much money you are wasting on junk....

89coupe
03-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by kutt3r

My aunt has the book.. take a peek and see how much money you are wasting on junk....

What do you know USANA Essentials, rated #1

No one else is even close.

drew_goring
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM

USANA isn't anything special. No better than whatever you buy from the drugstore but at 5x the price. Just an average product jacked up in price to cloak a pyramid scheme.

Do you have a set of Cutco knives too?

89coupe
03-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by drew_goring

USANA isn't anything special. No better than whatever you buy from the drugstore but at 5x the price. Just an average product jacked up in price to cloak a pyramid scheme.

Do you have a set of Cutco knives too?

Did you even read the report above?

89coupe
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I did a little more research and found that this company is rated very high in North America.

The above article was apparently written by USANA.

http://www.aor.ca/main.php

Here is the multi.
http://aor.ca/html/products.php?id=96

89coupe
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Hmmm, you're missing arguably the most important group of vits. The B's.

The thing about the big vit packs is the amount of B they supply. Any gym going or highly active person needs a lot of B vits.

Vitamin B's are very important, but make sure the product you buy provides B12 in a Methylcobalamin form and not the cheaper Cyanocobalamin form.

Its always listed, so check. If its Cyanocobalamin then you know they are cheaping out and most likely cheaping out on everything else.

zipdoa
03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Sakui77
animal pak is a rip off, ISS Super Vitamin Pack is the legit shit, same stuff as the animal pak but cheaper and 10 more servings.

I pay $44 for an 88pack of animal pack...

GQBalla
03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
where ^^

max_boost
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM

WOW!

/thread? lol

On its website it sells for $69/pack + shipping/taxes etc.?
That's not cheap. How many servings do you get?

What are the directions for using the new Essentials?
Take two (2) Mega Antioxidant and two (2) Chelated Mineral tablets twice daily, preferably with meals. Why do I have to take four (4) Mega Antioxidant and Chelated Mineral tablets a day instead of three (3)?

zipdoa
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
where ^^

try vitacost.com & fitnessone.com

kutt3r
03-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I did a little more research and found that this company is rated very high in North America.

The above article was apparently written by USANA.

http://www.aor.ca/main.php

Here is the multi.
http://aor.ca/html/products.php?id=96

They wrote a book?

kutt3r
03-26-2009, 10:04 PM

WOW!

/thread? lol

On its website it sells for $69/pack + shipping/taxes etc.?
That's not cheap. How many servings do you get?

Thats a month... that is why I am looking for something cheaper. I think you can get them for $65 shipped if you sign up as a preferred customer... I don't want to have to sign up for anything personally..

If you do your homework on the company they are legit and there product is highly rated.. I am just not sure about the $65/month.

ragu
03-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Hell, people here use animal pak, animal pump, zma, fish oil and so many more supplements...how much does it come down to every month? Are you using most of the stuff as supplements or substitute??

kutt3r
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by ragu
Hell, people here use animal pak, animal pump, zma, fish oil and so many more supplements...how much does it come down to every month? Are you using most of the stuff as supplements or substitute??

With Protein I am good for about $250 every 2-3 months.
I am taking a lot less than I used to..

Everything is a supplement, whole food first, then add in what you are lacking.

mowglee
03-27-2009, 08:21 AM
i used to take animal pak as a supplement. its pretty good
as far as a daily multivitamin the gnv mega mens is good. they have the normal one with the timed release capsule which is wicked smart, and the "sport" version. im on the sport right now and i can never get enough water:banghead:

Quickstrike
03-28-2009, 01:53 AM

It looks like USANA Essentials contains Iron. I thought iron supplements were generally frowned upon in multivitamins that men consume?!

From what I've read, more than sufficient iron is found in everyday foods. It is one of those minerals that stays in the body for a long time - pretty much the only way to rid yourself of excess iron is through blood loss.. so unless you menstruate, or regularly donate blood, there is really no need to add additional iron to your regular diet.

max_boost
03-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I must be blind because I do NOT see iron on the listing?

http://products.usana.com/bin/en_ca_multimineral.pdf

http://products.usana.com/bin/en_ca_megaao.pdf

I'll buy a box and try it out anyway since it's rated so highly.

GQBalla
03-28-2009, 06:51 PM

With Protein I am good for about $250 every 2-3 months.
I am taking a lot less than I used to..

Everything is a supplement, whole food first, then add in what you are lacking.

what supplements do you currently use?

right now im just taking centrum multi, glutamine and protein

Quickstrike
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I must be blind because I do NOT see iron on the listing?

http://products.usana.com/bin/en_ca_multimineral.pdf

http://products.usana.com/bin/en_ca_megaao.pdf

I'll buy a box and try it out anyway since it's rated so highly.

Bah.

Looks like I read the page wrong.

I believe I was looking at the "What are the optimal doses for each vitamin and mineral?" section of that Multivitamin Guide. When the Doctor stated that 23mg of Iron was recommended, and that USANA Essentials came the closest to the ideal quantities of minerals, I just assumed the product contained iron.

The Kirkland Signature multivitamins that I take are not rated very high :(. I always thought the Kirkland brand was better than that.

Impreza
03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
When are you supposed to take your vitamins? in the morning? or does it not matter?

Sakui77
03-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

I pay $44 for an 88pack of animal pack...
lol thats a good deal compare to the 30 servings ISS for $17

GQBalla
04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
where do you purchase your ISS?

schmooot
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
multivitamins are a huge waste of money IMO. You get the proper supplements and eat right and you will have no need for a multivitamin.

Check out this guys blog for more info. It's really an interesting read. www.quantumwater.ca, its called diary of a natural health store clerk

Daxin
04-02-2009, 08:31 PM
In my opinion, I think vitamins are needed in this day and time. So few nutrients are available from whole foods these days because of soil depletion and alterations of the genetic makeup of the food. Vitamins help to restore some of the depleted vitamins lost in whole foods.

Wildcat
04-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by schmooot
multivitamins are a huge waste of money IMO. You get the proper supplements and eat right and you will have no need for a multivitamin.

Check out this guys blog for more info. It's really an interesting read. www.quantumwater.ca, its called diary of a natural health store clerk

It is actually impossible to get your daily recommended intake of multivitamins, minerals, enzymes, essential amino acids, fatty acids and nutrients from food alone. You'll survive, but your body will always be lacking. A simple one-a-day multivitamin goes a long way.

kutt3r
04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

what supplements do you currently use?

right now im just taking centrum multi, glutamine and protein

EFA - Fish/Flax
Green Tea Extract
ACV
Taurine *new*
Creatine Mono
ZMA
Glutamine
Shitty GCN multi, trying to find something local other than USANA.

Was using BCAA's and ECA, but trying things without them now.

kutt3r
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

It is actually impossible to get your daily recommended intake of multivitamins, minerals, enzymes, essential amino acids, fatty acids and nutrients from food alone. You'll survive, but your body will always be lacking. A simple one-a-day multivitamin goes a long way.

/agreed

kutt3r
04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
When are you supposed to take your vitamins? in the morning? or does it not matter?

In theory...

Vits morning, especially B's

Minerals evening

Darkane
04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Kutt3R, AOR's essential mix is pretty good.

I just switched to it, it's powdered and doesn't taste awful :)

kutt3r
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Kutt3R, AOR's essential mix is pretty good.

I just switched to it, it's powdered and doesn't taste awful :)

Source/cost?

I checked out the site and there are 5 places here in Okotoks and 103 in Calgary, first 3 had nothing and looked at me blankly....

Darkane
04-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Source/cost?

I checked out the site and there are 5 places here in Okotoks and 103 in Calgary, first 3 had nothing and looked at me blankly....

I actually ordered mine from a Naturopathic clinic in McMurray.

AOR has their main headquarters in calgary I believe. Try going there.

Actually, ask Andrew at your gym! He has an AOR account I think.

kutt3r
04-12-2009, 03:13 PM

I actually ordered mine from a Naturopathic clinic in McMurray.

AOR has their main headquarters in calgary I believe. Try going there.

Actually, ask Andrew at your gym! He has an AOR account I think.

Yea I saw they were a distributor, found the essentials at the health food place here and picked them up. Looking at moving gyms, too many stupid teenagers getting in my way there, might be better with summer around the corner...

bigbadboss101
04-18-2009, 01:40 AM
I got OrthoCore at Amaranth in Arbour Lake. Will shop around for best prices next time though.

89coupe
04-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I bought my Ortho-Core from Vitamins First in MardaLoop.

I paid $49.95 for 180 capsules.

http://www.vitaminsfirst.ca/

bigbadboss101
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM

$6 cheaper than what I paid. Vitamins First is good. The people know their stuff. There's also Nature's Zone in the neighbourhood. Supposed to have the best prices in town. May be they will price match/beat?

max_boost
04-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Notice any difference between the Ortho and the USANA?

I bought 3 month supply of Usana so I'm set for a bit but I'll try the Ortho-Core if it's the real deal. It has to be good if it's endorsed by you guys, right? :D

bigbadboss101
04-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't know much about Usana, or the report. The AOR stuff I actually saw something in the paper last week. If all the physicians carry their products then it's has to be decent ?

Ortho Core last one month. I don't get yellow pee like I would with lot of other multi's. The last few mornings I woke up feeling fresh, and I only sleep 6-7 hours normally.

May be someone else can give their opinion. Only been using it for 3 days.

pinoyhero
04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
No opinion yet just grabbed AORs Multi-3 at organic planet on the weekend ... that place feels like a rip off though

bigbadboss101
05-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Planet organic is expensive. Cost more than Community Natural Food, and health stores. The deli has some nice food but pricy. Got two pieces of turkey loaf that cost me $17.

colt22
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM

update?

max_boost
06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
So after taking the Usana for almost 2 months now and I really don't know if it's making a difference or not. I'll probably give the ortho-core stuff a try next.

403ep3
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

try vitacost.com & fitnessone.com

Damn, shipping at the fitnessone place is almost as much as the damn product.

Is there anyone in Canada that doesn't sell them for 50 lol

Edit: anyone willing to split the purchase of 2? I wanna try it then see how I like it.

~$75 for 2 with shipping to my house. Let me know if you wanna do it

Impreza
11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Has anyone seen the non-sweetened/non-flavoured AOR Essential Mix in Calgary? I got the sweetened one last time and can't stand the taste of it. I rather just get the unflavoured variety.

jav_
11-17-2009, 03:34 AM
a little off topic but have any of you guys taken probiotics to enhance the multis ur taking?

max_boost
11-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah I take those one a day pro-biotic drinks. Not sure if it helps or not but it's a habit now.

wintonyk
11-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I can't believe I read through all 4 pages and no one mentioned this.

Yes B vitamins are important. Yes Animal pack has a ton of them. The reason it turns your piss green is B Vitamins. So all those shit ton of extra vitamins, and there is a lot get pissed out. Anything above your bodies needs of the water soluble vitamins goes right through ya.

Animal Pack, mega men, etc. You piss away the extra money that you spend over buying LifeBrand Multi or Centrum.

In my personal experience, a multi isn't necessary. As mentioned earlier, its a supplement, a safety net. I tried the animal pack and centrum performance amongst other multivitamins and my blood test results didn't vary.

IMHO other then the whey and some AA, Vit D and Omega 3 are all we need to really supplement with, and for a few of us a B complex.

jumba1708
11-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

403ep3
11-26-2009, 07:59 PM
The Animal Pak finally came and wow! You have to take 11pills and some of them are huge haha

jones123
11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Impreza
11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk

Yes B vitamins are important. Yes Animal pack has a ton of them. The reason it turns your piss green is B Vitamins. So all those shit ton of extra vitamins, and there is a lot get pissed out. Anything above your bodies needs of the water soluble vitamins goes right through ya.

Animal Pack, mega men, etc. You piss away the extra money that you spend over buying LifeBrand Multi or Centrum.

In my personal experience, a multi isn't necessary. As mentioned earlier, its a supplement, a safety net. I tried the animal pack and centrum performance amongst other multivitamins and my blood test results didn't vary.

IMHO other then the whey and some AA, Vit D and Omega 3 are all we need to really supplement with, and for a few of us a B complex.

You can just drink your neon piss to ensure you are not wasting your money.

LUCKYSTRIKE
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Impreza

You can just drink your neon piss to ensure you are not wasting your money.

i already do this, gotta squeeze that nickel boys.

msommers
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
bump..

Curious how Ortho-core has been for people or if there is something newer they prefer.

colt22
04-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by msommers
bump..

Curious how Ortho-core has been for people or if there is something newer they prefer.

Best multivitamin I have used, by far; Although I dont always take a full 3/3 dose- mostly have it at 3/2 or 2/2. I also supplement with extra vitamin d- (40,00IU day). Never felt better.

msommers
04-21-2011, 09:41 PM
You're taking 4-6 capsules a day? I saw on the container it said up to six which I thought was nuts. I'm taking 2 in the morning. The girls at Vitamin First are very friendly, worth the drive over the there.

colt22
04-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah it seems excessive but thats how the supplement was engineered so Im not questioning it. AOR is a strongly research based company so it seems they know what they are doing.

I usually get mine from Vitamins First too, is the price still 50.00 there? I saw it at community health, planet organic and superstore but they were the same price.

msommers
04-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah it was like 51.xx. They have appled-flavored Nutra-Sea fish oil w/ added vitD. Had to get some of that as I'm taking the lemon flavor and it's good.

grampafunk
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Adams, mens multi.

J-hop
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk

agreed, and generally pissing green is a bad sign if you are noticing it on the daily from your vitamins. It is very hard on the kidneys to overload them with vitamins like that. If you google multi-vitamins and kidneys you'll find mass amounts of reading on how some multivitamins in the long term can cause kidney damage.

part of the reason I'm switching pre-workout drinks is that as part of the energy boost, superpump 250 has 1250% of your daily B-6 and over 2000% of your daily b-12 intake, not good! Its all fine and dandy to claim they do mass amounts of research but if you look at the labels of many multivitamins found at GNC/popeyes etc they aren't even approved or tested by anyone but the manufacturer or "independent clinical trials" which mean nothing...