PDA

View Full Version : Assault rifle, fake credit cards seized in organized-crime bust

G-Suede
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't know this fuckhead, *If you want to get banned , personally attack me again.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2009/03/24/cgy-stolen-credit-fraud.html?ref=rss

An investigation into forged credit cards used to make big retail purchases has resulted in police charging a Calgary man with 27 offences.

Calgary police were looking into an organized-crime fraud group that had been using fake credit cards to buy thousands of dollars of liquor and groceries, Staff Sgt. Gordon Bull said Tuesday.

Investigators searched a home in the 100 block of Kincora Hill N.W. on Friday and seized about 50 forged credit cards, some stolen IDs and a cache of weapons.

Police found four firearms:

* A 7.62-mm tactical assault rifle with illegal high-capacity magazines loaded with up to 30 rounds of ammunition each.
* A sawed-off, 12-gauge shotgun with ammunition.
* A .45-calibre handgun with loaded ammunition clips.
* A 9-mm handgun with loaded ammunition clips.

"Organized-crime groups of this level of sophistication, it's not uncommon to find weapons like this," Bull said.
Police confiscated 50 forged credit cards. Police confiscated 50 forged credit cards. (CBC)

He said the fake credit cards were manufactured using stolen data.

"These people somehow obtained the credit card information surreptitiously without your knowledge," Bull said.

Adam Mulalic, 25, has been charged with 27 offences, including 24 related to firearms and one linked to drugs. Bull said the suspect has a criminal history, but he did not elaborate.

Police also said they found a garbage can filled with marijuana stalks and stems.

"One of our goals is to disrupt and dismantle organized-crime groups. I think this seizure puts a very small dent in that," Bull said.

The investigation is ongoing, and Bull said more charges are possible.

vtec4life
03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
"These people somehow obtained the credit card information surreptitiously without your knowledge," Bull said.

Dont tell me the cps has no idea you can just buy thousands of credit card numbers off the internet....

dennisaur
03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
hmm another chill guy taken off our streets...

5hift
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by vtec4life

Dont tell me the cps has no idea you can just buy thousands of credit card numbers off the internet....

you dont buy stolen numbers off the net, usually how it goes is you give a handheld scanner to some kid working at a dry cleaners or something and he'll double swipe customer's cards in exchange for electronics or other shit.

7thgenvic
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
he's a good guy..... just had a rough upbringing..right?

badatusrnames
03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
You guys don't know what he and his family went through so you can't talk.

He's had a hard life already and now this.

G-Suede
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Good job guys. Five replies and.....we're done here.

Hakkola
03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Fuckers. I had some douche use a copy of my card at Below the Belt in some shithole town in B.C last week, $400, then they got denied at a gas station. Hope they didn't have cash.

PremiumRSX
03-24-2009, 09:21 PM
i want to hear what kind of shit you have to say. :dunno:

kerry
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
The only thing useful that I gained from this thread was in the OP's post. Thanks OP for giving me some news.

JAYMEZ
03-24-2009, 09:41 PM
OP made a comment because I defended someone I know , who actually got released with no charges.. Anywho , continue ..

bawlls
03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
did the op edit his post or something...? cause i dont see anything offensive. Even if it was your friend or w.e, the op just posted what cbc wrote...

The way I see it, shouldn't matter where you come from or how hard you life has been, a crime is a crime.

Kloubek
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I think Jaymez did...

HiTempguy1
03-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
OP made a comment because I defended someone I know , who actually got released with no charges.. Anywho , continue ..

Just because someone is released with no charges does not mean they are innocent.

SJW
03-24-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure how I made it to 35 without owning an AK-47

CUG
03-24-2009, 11:06 PM
I want a fucking AK.

SJW
03-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Who doesn't? I held one in the states when i lived there. Cool as hell and on the plus side it would help to get my GF to get the laundry done faster.

JfuckinC
03-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

oh come onnnnnn
it wasn't even that bad hahaha

Gibbons
03-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by dennisaur
Holy shit haven't heard that one before....:goflames:

ABteg00
03-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by dennisaur

do you actually think this gets more funny each time you say it?

Isaiah
03-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Hmmm. This one degenerated in a hurry.

Aniki
03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
holy fuck he had some crazy fucking firepower :eek:

its like using a gun cheat in GTA except no rocket launcher....

how was he the only one caught? he has to have partners

gatorade
03-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Just because someone is released with no charges does not mean they are innocent.

just because someone is charged doesn't mean they are guilty

G-Suede
03-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by gatorade

Correct. Just as having a brain doesn't mean you'll have common sense. :thumbsup:

HiTempguy1
03-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by gatorade

Yes, because innocent people are charged sooooooo much!

:facepalm:

I sincerely doubt this is one of those 1 in a million times.

scat19
03-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Aniki
its like using a gun cheat in GTA except no rocket launcher....

did you REALLY just compare this to a video game? :facepalm:

Aniki
03-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by scat19

did you REALLY just compare this to a video game? :facepalm:

i compared the guns he owned to a video game

Thomas Gabriel
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
God it would be sweet to have an assault rifle.

Russo
03-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

you dont buy stolen numbers off the net, usually how it goes is you give a handheld scanner to some kid working at a dry cleaners or something and he'll double swipe customer's cards in exchange for electronics or other shit.
well obviously you dont know what you talking about, whatever you hear on the news about scanners, its not a big deal, the real thing is buying them off the net from hackers for a dollar (average) a number credit card

Russo

n1zm0
03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
"One of our goals is to disrupt and dismantle organized-crime groups. I think this seizure puts a very small dent in that," Bull said.

So this is a 'small' bust compared to the 'major' FK bust with 5 hand guns? sure they are known gangs and intent on killing eachother, but how does this make a difference, idk about anyone elses computer but the link to cbc shows a picture of a wood stock AK, more than likely not semi auto modded/restricted with 4 standard issue banana clips which were said to be loaded. then a sawed off mossberg or whatever with a tactical foregrip, sole purpose for that is to reload faster.. to shoot ducks?

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
God it would be sweet to have an assault rifle.

you can try an AK, G3 and many others at shooting edge, all semi auto only of course.

5hift
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Russo

well obviously you dont know what you talking about, whatever you hear on the news about scanners, its not a big deal, the real thing is buying them off the net from hackers for a dollar (average) a number credit card

Russo

My info isnt based on what I've seen on the news.

I realize security breeches into electronic data storage bases is a problem as the stolen numbers are sold on the net. But with those numbers you get off the net, most of them dont work (thus the dollar a number pricing). Plus you are limited to online places that allow entry of numbers into fields, and not swipes of the actual card.

I'm talking about guys in Calgary that get swipes from dry cleaners, restaurants, gas stations etc ... take that data and then using a laptop, and a basic program, transfer the data on a card that has been canceled, but has their names on it (so when they used it to make a purchase and the cashier asks for ID everything matches).

I remember in highschool, before retailers caught onto this, people were doing this and going on $10 K shopping sprees every weekend. When electronics got heated out, they started using innocent looking girls and targeting jewlery stores etc.

So next time you see a 60 minutes about numbers stolen off the net, it doesnt make you an expert, so dont assume thats the only way it happens.

szw
05-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Awesome 2 month delayed smackdown

legendboy
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
You guys don't know what he and his family went through so you can't talk.

He's had a hard life already and now this.

:rofl:

turbotrip
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

My info isnt based on what I've seen on the news.

I realize security breeches into electronic data storage bases is a problem as the stolen numbers are sold on the net. But with those numbers you get off the net, most of them dont work (thus the dollar a number pricing). Plus you are limited to online places that allow entry of numbers into fields, and not swipes of the actual card.

I'm talking about guys in Calgary that get swipes from dry cleaners, restaurants, gas stations etc ... take that data and then using a laptop, and a basic program, transfer the data on a card that has been canceled, but has their names on it (so when they used it to make a purchase and the cashier asks for ID everything matches).

I remember in highschool, before retailers caught onto this, people were doing this and going on $10 K shopping sprees every weekend. When electronics got heated out, they started using innocent looking girls and targeting jewlery stores etc.

So next time you see a 60 minutes about numbers stolen off the net, it doesnt make you an expert, so dont assume thats the only way it happens.

true story

the "real thing" is not buying card numbers off the internet, its sending crackheads into stores on wild shopping sprees

5hift
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by szw
Awesome 2 month delayed smackdown

haha I've been so busy with school and stuff the past few months I forgot about posting on Beyond.

Doesnt matter if it was 2 years - Buddy is clueless.

jazzyb
05-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Alrighty,
I don't see how anyone is protecting this guy, he was caught red handed with weapons that he shoudl not have (this alone is enought to incarcerate his ass) and ontop of that a garbage can of weed stems and seeds? credit cards?

Throw his ass in jail

SoSimpo
05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
snap

G-Suede
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SoSimpo
snap

Shoudn't you be guarding the safe and watching for guys that sound brown? Get back in the closet.

SoSimpo
05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Shoudn't you be guarding the safe and watching for guys that sound brown? Get back in the closet.

lol? i was joking about the whole thing..
Come on i made a thread at 4am.. nothing to do.
all i wanted to prove is how mcuh of an assholes you guys are :D

G-Suede
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey man, I'm not an assholes. Sure, I'm an asshole, but calling me an assholes really hurts.

SoSimpo
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede
Hey man, I'm not an assholes. Sure, I'm an asshole, but calling me an assholes really hurts.

hey i didnt direct it toward you..
im jsut saying..