View Full Version : matrix theory

szw
10-17-2003, 04:38 AM
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38092

what do you think?

my head kinda hurts.

GTS Jeff
10-17-2003, 05:17 AM
omfg. u should delete that link. total spoiler.

RiCE-DaDDy
10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
that guy is smart :)

GTS Jeff
10-17-2003, 10:07 AM
its crazy how he points out biblical passages embedded within the movie

DJ Lazy
10-17-2003, 11:43 AM
I got better things to do with my time... I aint' reading all that..

kenny
10-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Pretty good read, now I want to watch the first two again

MrX
10-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Long read, but well worth the time. I got both movies, and Animatrix. Gotta watch all three, plus the last one in Nov!

Hakkola
10-17-2003, 01:42 PM
N e x t :
GALVATRON solves LOTR -- ( THE SPOILER OF ALL MOTHERS )

SPOILER: Highlight text to view.

They're all ROBOTS !!!!!!!

They should do a crossover with the Matrix:
When the Dark Agent Sauron and his evil hordes of Uruk-hai Sentinels threaten the survival of mankind and all Middle-Zion, a young Hobbit named Neo Baggins is enlisted by Gandalf The Red to venture on an epic quest to destroy the legendary Code of Doom. He is joined in his journey by Samwise Payne, a fugitive undercover Hobbit framed for murder and hunted by the mob.

HAHAHAHAHA, that is funny. This thread makes a lot of sense especially if you've seen the animatrix, If anyone hasn't seen it I'd suggest checking it out.

hjr
10-17-2003, 02:51 PM
its definelty a good read and a good theory. I am inclinded to go along with his view of the movies. the is definetely a lot of research involved in it.

Now to my theorum, GALVATRON is a FUCKING NERD. hahaha :rofl:

seriously, who would spend thier time thinking and researching and obviously watchin the movies and episodes a million times, just to develope an idea about a movie. Sure its a great movie, but doesnt he have a job or school or family or friends or a life in general?

Yikes what a tard. so in conclusion, he is a complete nerd. Prove me wrong...

RiCE-DaDDy
10-17-2003, 05:27 PM
he might be a nerd but diff ppl got diff interests
dont be hatin':thumbsdow

JustinL
10-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
he might be a nerd but diff ppl got diff interests
dont be hatin':thumbsdow

:werd:

People would make fun of me if they knew how much I thought about cars.

That is a great theory though, and I really hope he's right. Looks like I'm gonna have to rewatch those movies.

Justin

RiCE-DaDDy
10-17-2003, 06:06 PM
yea when i was talkin to someone bout cars, we mentioned engine codes, b16, etc and some guy was like wtf u memorized the engine names?!?!

kaput
10-17-2003, 06:36 PM

link785
10-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I've seen Matrix 1 and 2, but I don't know what this animatrix thing is. Regardless, I had no idea what he was talking about half the time, is there a book I need to read first or something???

WARNING: SUMMARY SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!

He's basically telling us that the Matrix is full of the machines. Neo, Morpheous, they're ALL the machines that "took over the world". His theory is that the humans found a way to beat the machines and put their AI minds into the Matrix. The AI's mind then is stuck in the Matrix, where they believe they actually have control of the humans.

In other words, in the "real" world (yes, the REAL real world this time), the humans are running the show, and the machines are plugged into the Matrix.

Zephyr
10-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by kaput
I've seen Matrix 1 and 2, but I don't know what this animatrix thing is. Regardless, I had no idea what he was talking about half the time, is there a book I need to read first or something???

animatrix u can say its a supplement to the matrix. also enter the matrix the game is another supplement to enrich the story.

this theory of them being robots kinda explains another question i had, which was how come they never showed emotions while in the matrix. if you havent notice, during the car chase when the windows were being shot out, Morpheus and Trinity were completely blank with emotion. When Neo stops the bullets for the first time, he had no emotions either.

Kamen
10-18-2003, 12:38 AM
I just read it all. Man that's some eery shit. Props to Galvatron for such a good read, so many plt holes and theories he's pointed out with allusions and whatnot...most excellent. Can't wait for Matrix 3...

Shaolin
10-18-2003, 01:48 AM
sort of makes sense, but i'm still just going to wait till Revolution comes out and see what happens.. good analogy on Galv's part though.

Fluidic
10-18-2003, 04:16 AM
Link is down. Anyone save this?

pinoyhero
10-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Props to Galv, I'm sure something official will be released if there is enough demand for it by the writer. I wouldn't mind seeing an hour long special on it on Dateline or something.

WhiteNikes
10-20-2003, 12:45 AM
hmmm.... towards the end, it seems like he's pulling at some thin air. For instance to assert the transmission of data based on antenne on bombers? I'm not so sure. And I rarley like the "they're lying to use" theories. Cause there not really refuteable. After all anything countering the argument can be dismissed as a 'lie' and therefore doesn't count anymore. I really liked the starting stuff tho. Y would we block out the sun? After all ther ARE so many more sources of energy. And if you ARE going to use organics as your source of energy, why not use something with proven controlability, like cattle? Or perhaps when you realize we're causing a problem, use something else. But then again, it wouldn't make much of a movie. I've been told so many times to stop using logic when using movies, cause they ALL take liberities with reality, somehow I don't think the line should be drawn here. My friend is watching the Animatrix right now and I can see enough things that don't really seem right. Like for example, the robots seem inclined to learn to understand us by picking our brains apart and activating things on them? Why would you do that? Because it's fun? and great, the robots have won the war. Now what do they do? Live to keep the humans alive? Why is that something that makes sence. I don't really think picking apart and asserting yourself as correct is good. Cause movies go by what ever logic they like.

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes
hmmm.... towards the end, it seems like he's pulling at some thin air. For instance to assert the transmission of data based on antenne on bombers? I'm not so sure. And I rarley like the "they're lying to use" theories. Cause there not really refuteable. After all anything countering the argument can be dismissed as a 'lie' and therefore doesn't count anymore. I really liked the starting stuff tho. Y would we block out the sun? After all ther ARE so many more sources of energy. And if you ARE going to use organics as your source of energy, why not use something with proven controlability, like cattle? Or perhaps when you realize we're causing a problem, use something else. But then again, it wouldn't make much of a movie. I've been told so many times to stop using logic when using movies, cause they ALL take liberities with reality, somehow I don't think the line should be drawn here. My friend is watching the Animatrix right now and I can see enough things that don't really seem right. Like for example, the robots seem inclined to learn to understand us by picking our brains apart and activating things on them? Why would you do that? Because it's fun? and great, the robots have won the war. Now what do they do? Live to keep the humans alive? Why is that something that makes sence. I don't really think picking apart and asserting yourself as correct is good. Cause movies go by what ever logic they like. wtf, did u even read his entire theory???? your post is nonsense man

WhiteNikes
10-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wtf, did u even read his entire theory???? your post is nonsense man

Sorry, the part I call the end is more like the middle. The post just before the deeper religion stuff. My major point is that at the end of the day, a movie is just a movie and rarley does it seem that the writers feel really bound by true science and/or logic. Additionally all my questions are meant to agree with Galvatron. For me it seems like the bottom line is:

Movies don't have to make sence 'cause there 'Entertainment'.

Wildcat
10-20-2003, 11:12 AM
holy fwak... that thread is 47 pages long with like 940 something posts... :eek:

i got to about page 6, then my head blew up...

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 01:39 PM

Sorry, the part I call the end is more like the middle. The post just before the deeper religion stuff. My major point is that at the end of the day, a movie is just a movie and rarley does it seem that the writers feel really bound by true science and/or logic. Additionally all my questions are meant to agree with Galvatron. For me it seems like the bottom line is:

Movies don't have to make sence 'cause there 'Entertainment'. your point is unsubstantiated. the wachowski brothers took great care to make certain that the matrix makes sense and is bound by the laws of science. go ahead and prove me wrong.

and no im not kissing your blackness. why dont u kiss my asianess? geez man...

thich
10-20-2003, 04:02 PM
mebbe I didn't catch it when I was reading (b/c it was just too much info)... but why do the robots think they're humans trapped in the Matrix though if Galvatron's hypothesis is correct?

WhiteNikes
10-20-2003, 04:15 PM
your point is unsubstantiated. the wachowski brothers took great care to make certain that the matrix makes sense and is bound by the laws of science. go ahead and prove me wrong.

There's the part about "The law of Thermodynamics". The law states that you can't get more energy out of a system than what you put into it. According to my understanding, the idea of humans as batteries is not 100% sound for this reason. The robots would have to use energy to feed the humans. Why not use this source of energy for themselves? It is my understanding that robots/computers so advanced would probably find a way to release chemical energy efficiently without the use of a surrogate.

If the robots are solar powered, how is it that they functioned long enough to start using the humans? Why wouldn't they use the implied source that they were using instead of the humans?

According to my understanding, an EMP causes electronics to be useless forever. Ever note that you should ground yourself before opening your computer case? If not the shock will ruin components in your computer permanatly. If they used a EMP on the ship the way it was portrayed in the 1st Matrix the entire ship would be rendered useless.

These are some things that I believe to be scientifically unsound. I could be wrong tho.

and no im not kissing your blackness. why dont u kiss my asianess? geez man... :D :D
You have no idea how often I get that.

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 04:46 PM

There's the part about "The law of Thermodynamics". The law states that you can't get more energy out of a system than what you put into it. According to my understanding, the idea of humans as batteries is not 100% sound for this reason. The robots would have to use energy to feed the humans. Why not use this source of energy for themselves? It is my understanding that robots/computers so advanced would probably find a way to release chemical energy efficiently without the use of a surrogate.

If the robots are solar powered, how is it that they functioned long enough to start using the humans? Why wouldn't they use the implied source that they were using instead of the humans?

According to my understanding, an EMP causes electronics to be useless forever. Ever note that you should ground yourself before opening your computer case? If not the shock will ruin components in your computer permanatly. If they used a EMP on the ship the way it was portrayed in the 1st Matrix the entire ship would be rendered useless.

These are some things that I believe to be scientifically unsound. I could be wrong tho.

QUOTE]Originally posted by GTS Jeff
and no im not kissing your blackness. why dont u kiss my asianess? geez man... :D :D
You have no idea how often I get that. [/B][/QUOTE] umm YEAH and galvatron pointed those things out in order to SUPPORT his theory, not DISPROVE it the way u are trying to use it.

as for the emp, remember that the ship was shut down when they used it. he also pointed out that the way te scene was editted could indicate that everyone on the ship also passed out during the emp. geez man...it seems to me that all u are doing is ranting on and on to prove how smart u are, when in fact u havent even taken the time to read and comprehend the posts carefully. which leads me to wonder, why are u out to prove yourself to everyone?

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by thich
mebbe I didn't catch it when I was reading (b/c it was just too much info)... but why do the robots think they're humans trapped in the Matrix though if Galvatron's hypothesis is correct? because the real humans reprogrammed the robots to think that they are humans during the nuclear strike in the 2nd renaissance.

GT2NV
10-20-2003, 05:07 PM
wow i just read that whole thing.. def worth the read

WhiteNikes
10-20-2003, 05:21 PM

umm YEAH and galvatron pointed those things out in order to SUPPORT his theory, not DISPROVE it the way u are trying to use it.

You may want to read my original post more carefully. I don't believe it reads as someone who is trying to disprove Galvatron. That was not my intention. Although, I simultaneously believe that there were some points that were very good and others that aren't as strongly grounded.

as for the emp, remember that the ship was shut down when they used it.

To address the EMP again, whether the device is on or off does not matter. Try taking out a stick of RAM from your computer and giving it a static electric shock. I don't believe it will work anymore.

geez man...it seems to me that all u are doing is ranting on and on to prove how smart u are, when in fact u havent even taken the time to read and comprehend the posts carefully. which leads me to wonder, why are u out to prove yourself to everyone?

I suppose the same might be said for you as well, but just like you I'm entitled to my opinion on things. I said I disagreed with some of his methods then proceeded to agree with him. Speaking of ranting to prove one's intelligence... I've read this reeeealllly long post by someone named Galvatron....

RiCE-DaDDy
10-20-2003, 05:48 PM
now this is getting outta hand and this is where "its just a movie" comes in :D

EMP comes in more than one level. when they used it in the ship in the first movie, the sentinals simply "shut off" which means it was a lower level EMP that wont damage the components. So that makes sense. Same thing for the emp coming out of neos hand in the 2nd one. But in the animatrix, when they were bombin the shit outta 01, a nuclear bomb's EMP is probably strong enough to completely fry any computer or electronic equipment.

They can make EMP waves that just jam radars and signals. they can also make waves strong enough to just corrupt memory.

szw
10-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Sorry whitenikes, I don't think anybody can understand what you are trying to say. You seem to repeat stuff that galvatron said...then say it doesn't make sense...then say it DOES make sense...then say a bunch of other stuff that doesn't make sense.

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 06:39 PM

You may want to read my original post more carefully. I don't believe it reads as someone who is trying to disprove Galvatron. That was not my intention. Although, I simultaneously believe that there were some points that were very good and others that aren't as strongly grounded.

To address the EMP again, whether the device is on or off does not matter. Try taking out a stick of RAM from your computer and giving it a static electric shock. I don't believe it will work anymore.

I suppose the same might be said for you as well, but just like you I'm entitled to my opinion on things. I said I disagreed with some of his methods then proceeded to agree with him. Speaking of ranting to prove one's intelligence... I've read this reeeealllly long post by someone named Galvatron.... uh what does u giving a static shock to a stick of ram have anything to do with emp? :rofl:

Wildcat
10-20-2003, 07:06 PM
uh what does u giving a static shock to a stick of ram have anything to do with emp? :rofl:

it could have something to do with the fact that they cant trigger the emp when ppl are "plugged" into the matrix, and that when they are out, they could be possible grounded.... BUT....

everyone watch matrix 1 again (or this scene at least).. now... immediatley after they trigger the emp; does it, or does it not fade to black and fade back in again to neo waking up??

hrmmmm..... me thinks it DOES

what really happened? did they get knocked out too? was there a timelapse?... hrmmm... me thinks so...

EDIT: i am however not defending white nikes... for he is truely an idiot

boi-alien
10-20-2003, 07:12 PM
very very interesting read

GingeRRRBeef
10-20-2003, 08:00 PM
WhiteNikes ... in response to your incoherent crap! here's a pic!!!

ENJOY!

GingeRRRBeef
10-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Ahem ... on a more serious note ...

Jeff, I think you are giving the wachowski brothers WAY too much credits. Not to say that I'm not agreeing with what Galvatron said. I think he is brilliant, or at least reeeeeally bored, to come up with his theories. Nevertheless, only time will tell whether the theories hold up or not.

DJ Lazy
10-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Ok, I finally took the time to read this tonite, and WOW.. I am blown away... :nut:
Defineately worth my time tonite..

And Jeff.. I didn't know you were asain.. :thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
10-20-2003, 08:45 PM
as asian as they come....:rolleyes: :D

403Gemini
10-21-2003, 12:39 AM
more or less summed up:

everybody in zion is a machine who thinks they are the poor humans.

the REAL humans control the sentinals, trying to keep the machines contained.

As wildcat said, in the 1st movie when they fired the emp there was a blackout period... thus trinity, morph and neo temp passed out.

I dont know if the skin has a way of dealing with this or whatnot...

but the fact that zion has been "restarted" (as stated in reloaded) 5 times (soon to be 6 i take it) with "23" adults to repopulate it assumes it cant possibly be humans. if this has happend 5 times with no record... then its not humans. its human nature to learn from our mistakes... the reason why we take social studies. BUT it is easy to reprogram a machine to think they are the "sole survivors of the war of man vs machine" and if they think they are man, and they think they are alone... they will be scared.

thats what i got outta it tho.

GTS Jeff
10-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Ahem ... on a more serious note ...

Jeff, I think you are giving the wachowski brothers WAY too much credits. Not to say that I'm not agreeing with what Galvatron said. I think he is brilliant, or at least reeeeeally bored, to come up with his theories. Nevertheless, only time will tell whether the theories hold up or not.

heh, i cant wait!! on november 5th i am gona watch matrix 1, 2, and animatrix all over again back to back...then go and watch the 10pm showing in theaters!

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
as asian as they come....:rolleyes: :D

aZn muthafucka!

403Gemini
10-22-2003, 12:10 AM

heh, i cant wait!! on november 5th i am gona watch matrix 1, 2, and animatrix all over again back to back...then go and watch the 10pm showing in theaters!

aZn muthafucka!

if you live in calgary, ill bring over a case of beer :)

GTS Jeff
10-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

if you live in calgary, ill bring over a case of beer :) haha i live in edmonton, but u still can! and some weed too..

403Gemini
10-22-2003, 09:33 AM
damnit man! lol

it being a wednesday when it comes out i cant anyways. if it was like a friday or something id call in sick at work ;)

DJ Lazy
10-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
damnit man! lol

it being a wednesday when it comes out i cant anyways. if it was like a friday or something id call in sick at work ;)

I am sure Jeff would understand why you wouldn't be in the next day.... But shit, a case of beer, and some weed... you shouldn't have to call in sick you wuss... But anyways, if you wanna do that wayne we should meet up... :D My head with be really fucked up after that marathon... :nut:

403Gemini
10-23-2003, 10:59 AM
lol we should bud hahah so good :)

403Gemini
10-23-2003, 11:41 AM
sorry i like watchin trailors to get in the mood of watching movies

http://progressive.warnerbros.com/thematrix/us/med/rev_theatre_0x3839_640_dl.mov

http://progressive.warnerbros.com/thematrix/us/med/rev_tv_cont_640_dl.mov

those are my 2 favs :D

nex
10-23-2003, 03:55 PM
count me in wherever it is

Hakkola
10-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Just realized when Neo is learning stuff in the first one doesn't tank say "he's a machine"

Usually a figure of speech, but hey...

RiCE-DaDDy
10-24-2003, 12:11 AM
lol hakkola dont read into it too much

Wildcat
10-24-2003, 04:50 AM
that was pretty weak Hak...

:rofl:

Hakkola
10-24-2003, 11:08 AM
:D

DJ Lazy
10-24-2003, 11:21 AM
12 Days left....................:clap:

Hakkola
11-06-2003, 03:53 PM
I tired checking the link to see what everyone said after seeing the movie but it won't work, what happened?

Spenser
11-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I tired checking the link to see what everyone said after seeing the movie but it won't work, what happened?

the machines got it, or wait the humans did it, or i don't know anymore.

TomTom
11-06-2003, 06:42 PM
i went and seen it lastnight at 11:00 while i was on mushrooms and thought it was awsome.