PDA

View Full Version : shaw hd-pvr help

Stunt66
03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm currently using the red/green/blue component cables to hook up my box and now i need some longer cables, i'm just wondering if there's a better way to connect it? Also whats a good place to get cables from locally?

el-nino
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
If your tv has HDMI I suggest to go that route. You can buy some long ass HDMI cables at Memory express for a decent price.

Wildcat
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
I also switched from component to hdmi last month, didn't notice an exceptional difference in picture but it sure cleaned things up behind the tv. That and i switched over the regular RCA to the digital coax, cleaned up the cables even more and made a HUGE difference in sound.

Wherever you go to buy cables, buy the cheapest of the lot. Its been discussed many times over that there is no difference in cable quality.

jshel101
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
I'm currently using the red/green/blue component cables to hook up my box and now i need some longer cables, i'm just wondering if there's a better way to connect it? Also whats a good place to get cables from locally?
Monoprice (www.monoprice.com) sells really good priced cables. They are pretty good quality too. I buy all my cables here.

Thaco
03-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Do not go HDMI, The moto pvr boxes do not liek to play nice over HDMI, they ALWAYS have handshaking problems.

Thaco
03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
As far as cables i buy mine locally from www.cablesbyacc.com it's a local place with good prices.

ecstasy_civic
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
Do not go HDMI, The moto pvr boxes do not liek to play nice over HDMI, they ALWAYS have handshaking problems.

I have 3 pvr's running HDMI and havent had a problem yet.

scboss
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

I have 3 pvr's running HDMI and havent had a problem yet.

try switching it back and u will see hd looks like crap, unless the newest one is fixed. I bought mine last year and there is def a huge dif

Mibz
03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Do not go HDMI, The moto pvr boxes do not liek to play nice over HDMI, they ALWAYS have handshaking problems. Vouch. Got two buddies who constantly had to reboot their boxes until they switched to component.

jshel101
03-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Maybe it is just your moto boxes, or you are using cheap HDMI cables. You should call Shaw and get them checked out. I currently have 2 Shaw HD PVR's, running HDMI cables, and I have no problems at all. I did notice a small increase in PQ when I switched from components to HDMI.

GQBalla
03-26-2009, 07:33 AM
^^take it easy.

its not with every HD pvr box, but it is a known issue with them.

jshel101
03-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
^^take it easy.

its not with every HD pvr box, but it is a known issue with them.
Well Thaco was making it sound like it was every moto PVR box that was having this issue. I hate it when people post like that when there are only a small few that are experiancing this issue. Which is solved if they get Shaw to replace the box.