PDA

View Full Version : Opinions in job application

chkolny541
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
i have been looking around for the last month or so for job, specifically in warehouse's, (Ive beeen driving forklifts for over 3 years) and i just want to get opinions on whether or not i should list myself as a current university student on my application. At this point im tempted to just apply for a full-time permanent job and just quit after 4 months when i need to return to school. I also understand that this would likely piss the employer off and likely not offer the job next year, but i really dont care at this point, i need a job and am getting desperate. Is the "student status" on my resume possibly turning off emploeyers?

Euro838
03-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Is this the ONLY warehouse in the city? If you think it's hampering your efforts to get this job, then don't state you are a student and will be going back in 4 months. It's not ethical but it's not any different from a non-student getting hired and then quitting after 4 months.

GL to you!

ee2k
03-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Don't mention you're a student, but depending on how you feel them during the interview, do state it then once you got it.

And I hope you don't go to interviews jigglin like in your avatar.

Graham_A_M
03-28-2009, 08:56 PM
yes that is hurting you, and yes that would piss them off, and no this isn't small town alberta so I wouldn't worry about other warehouses hearing about that.
:dunno:

Its not like being a warehouse worker is such a job that its not possible to (semi-)completely train a person in one day to do the duties.

:nut:

I dont think they'd be left "high and dry" to any real extent if you offered your two weeks towards the tail end.