PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else see what went down on Glenmore around 2pm???

snipa_mini85
03-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Alright, I'll try to explain this as well as possible.

I was merging onto westbound Glenmore from Blackfoot when I noticed brake lights up ahead in the left lane (lane right next to the median). I'm figuring great, typical glenmore afternoon traffic :rolleyes:, but then I see the Ford Ranger (Grey, early 2000's model) absolutely lay on the brakes and swerving to avoid plowing through the Ford Windstar (beige, mid-late 90's) which was stopped behind a white pedo van (chevy I think? early 90's). The weird thing was that there was absolutely no traffic in front of the white van, except for an old Chrysler Lebaron (I think, red) that was stopped about 100m up the road.

So I'm figuring fine, the white van broke down... but he didn't. The driver of the white van starts to take off with the Windstar in hot pursuit. The Windstar tries to pass the white van in the center lane, but the white van swerves to block his access. Windstar tries the left lane again, white van swerves to block. They are about 25m away from the Chrysler when I see the driver of the Chrysler jump out of his car and try to flag the white van down. :eek: The white van swerves to miss the driver of the Chrysler but the Windstar has to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting the parked car (keep in mind the Ford Ranger is still following but further back out of the way).

^^All of this happening in between McLeod and 14th.

With the white van getting away, the driver of the Chrysler jumps back in his car and books it after the white van along with the Windstar, and the Ford Ranger (who hits the gas too, I guess he got fed up with the white van so now he wants to get in on this). So now all 4 vehicles are going over the glenmore reservoir with the white van swerving back and forth between the left and center lane blocking all three vehicles behind from passing. Luckily I was in the right hand lane staying FAR back of this melee to ensure time to stop in case something went wrong.

With the Crowchild turn off coming up, the white van makes a dive for the center merge lane. The Chrysler and the Ranger bit on it, and tried to overpass him on the merge... That's when I see the White van cut back at the last minute to continue along Glenmore nearly clipping the Ford Windstar that was originally trying to get in front, and so now the Windstar picks up the chase again!

I was still a little back of the turnoff at this point but the Ranger and Chrysler didn't want to let this guy go so they started to back up in the merge lane :eek: :facepalm:

That's about all I could see before I continued on my route down Crowchild.

F***ing psychos!! :thumbsdow

James
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Probably some extreme Road rage, shit happens

7thgenvic
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
gang war......

Clever
03-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
gang war......

:rofl:

the recession has affected the gangs means of transport to domestic tucks, mini-vans and mid size cars.

cyrusli
03-26-2009, 03:55 PM
possibly hit and run? you know how some people will pretend to step outta the car and when they see you out of the car, they book it.

snipa_mini85
03-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Clever

the recession has affected the gangs means of transport to domestic tucks, mini-vans and mid size cars.

:rofl:

irs
03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
hmmm interesting!

sidewaysD
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
i bet that white van had some stolen goods inside.

dansmith11
03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by sidewaysD
i bet that white van had some stolen goods inside.

he did say it was a kidnapping van.. maybe the stolen goods was the chrysler homies children.

7thgenvic
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
It may have been those shaddy speaker sales men who sell the "high quality" home theatre system... fighting over turf :)

911fever
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
that sounds intense i will admit.

KyleTA
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
the chrysler, ranger and windstar drivers probably didn't want to buy any stereo equipment off the guy in the white van so he got pissed off...

dubbster
04-05-2009, 06:41 PM
cliffs?