PDA

View Full Version : Could this be correct? Acura MDX

project240
03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
So here's the problem. We have a 2003 MDX with an automatic transmission.

The problem we are having is when downshifting (slowing down) from over 80 km/hr. This problem only occurs when we are in drive 5 (vehicle has D1-D5). The transmission jerks and hesitates when trying to downshift to 4th.

Everything else works as it should. No transmission problems in any gear other than D5. We brought the vehicle into the Crowfoot Acura to have it checked out. I specifically explained the problem and when I went to pick up the vehicle this afternoon, they said the problem is being caused by a broken engine mount.

To me this doesn't make sense... hesitant transmission caused by a broken engine mount? Could this be correct??

HRD2PLZ
03-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Keep an eye on it and make sure things are well documented with the dealership. I had tranny problems with my Acura TL and my dad was starting to have them with his '02 MDX when he got rid of it a few years ago. I had a heck of a fight with Honda Canada for warranties even though they knew the transmissions were poor and prone to premature failure.

project240
03-27-2009, 09:45 AM
But the dealership is telling me it is because of a broken engine mount, which doesn't make sense to me??

911fever
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
The MDX is known for tranny issues, its a real issue. Complain and complain about it, get them to fix it (hopefully its under warranty?)

redblack
03-27-2009, 02:28 PM
i beleive acura/honda has also extended the warranty on transmissions due to it being a known problem

Xtrema
03-27-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.sueeasy.com/class_action_detail.php?case_id=377

It's a reason not to buy Honda V6s is their shitty transmissions.

They only extended warranty on TL and Accord but not Odessey, Pilot or MDX.

So you are screwed until someone wins a class action lawsuit.

http://www.autosafety.org/transmissions-prompt-large-honda-recall

BTW, they did a recall on 02s but not 03s.