PDA

View Full Version : Should Cortisone hurt for so long after???

ekguy
03-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok so here's the deal I had an injection in this joint.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/ankle.jpg

Please not the screw is still in there but now broken in half cuz of the surgeon who tried to take it out. Pain persisted for many months after the botched surgery. I didn't find out he broke the screw until I went in again for the pain and they re-did my x-rays.

The injection was directly in this joint. They said maybe 2 days of slight pain and discomfort but now my ankle is stiff, swollen, and generally in a momentous amount of pain. I got this injection on wednesday morning.

I feel the pain should of have subsided by now but it is actually getting worse...

Any ideas here???

badatusrnames
03-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute, but that is a bad ass picture. Do you have one of the broken screw?

legendboy
03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
My hand hurt for 6 months after a cortisone shot. Didn't they worn you about the dangers of the shot?

Mitsu3000gt
03-27-2009, 04:27 PM
This may or may not help you, but it is an amusing story nonetheless. When I was in Cuba I learned I was allergic to one of the bugs there (probably their mosquito?), and had 200+ bites on me for some reason that were irritating due to my allergy. I went to the clinic and they gave me a short of Cortisone. They insisted on giving me this needle via my left ass cheek, in an extremely small clinic with a wide open door to a waiting room full of people. Along with my dignity, it took away the itching & bumps from the insect bites. It hurt for a few days later, then went away, but I don't know if its because of the cortizone, or the sheer size of the needle (too big to administer via my arm, apparently). And yes, I have heard every possible joke relating to this incident LOL.

ekguy
03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
hahaha nice mitsu300gt haha.

Nope they didn't really explain any dangers or side effects other than slight discomfort possibilities. I just tried to have a small nap before going to get my car and couldn't even keep my eyes closed it hurts so bad right now.

xrayvsn
03-27-2009, 06:48 PM
That can happen. You might be having a "steroid flare", which you can expect in the first 48 - 72 hours. Give the injection about a week or week and a half to start working before you give up on it and decide it hasn't worked for you.

ekguy
03-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the tip. Walked on it a lot yesterday night which I shouldn't of but it held up quite nicely actually. A lot of pain this morning but seems to be going away a bit here though which is nice.

ekguy
04-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Pain is getting exponentially worse by the day. Health link advised me to seek immediate help from my doctor tomorrow. So apparantly severe shooting pains around the site of the injection are not normal 7 days after getting the needle haha.

Guess we'll see what new problems this has caused in my oh so wonderfully fine ankle haha.

JfuckinC
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
how the FUCK did that screw get in there? placed by surgery orr accident?

ekguy
04-01-2009, 10:12 PM
surgery. will try and find the xray of whats left hehe.

ekguy
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
this is before and after.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/surgery2-1.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/surgery-1.jpg