PDA

View Full Version : The American Equivilent to redtag, itravel2000?

seadog
03-27-2009, 10:36 PM
So I think Redtag and those sorts of companies are great. For inside a grand, you can go somewhere nice and warm for a week, sit by blue water, get some diving in, and stay pretty well fed and drunk the whole time.

Now I'm going to be in the states on other unrelated trips with time to kill, and seeing how everything in the states is cheaper and they have less tax, figured the deals that can be had here can be had there, only with would be several times better since its a) closer and b) the states.

I've done some searching and all I can seem to find is expedia, orbitz and those sorts of garbage sites. Maybe Im doing something wrong, but they don't seem to get the idea of a 'package' book a package with them and from what I can tell they take their normal price for a flight, add on their normal price for a week's hotel, apply a reasonable discount, and thats that. But then thats all you get. No transport from airport, no free food/booze, basically they just combined two other things they happen to offer. I get from them they are primarily a flight/car rental/hotel/cruise site, with the ability to combine.

Redtag on the other hand seems to be primarily resorts and holidays. The states must have something like that, but with departures from new york instead of toronto, and rediculous last minute deals for like $500. But I have not been able to find it.... Any help?