PDA

View Full Version : Great, take a read on this: Short-staffed RCMP relaxes recruitment rules

G-Suede
03-28-2009, 12:07 AM
In particular:

...the RCMP has changed its policy on drug use "to permit consideration of mitigating factors in all cases of criminal activity, which may include drug trafficking, etc."

The RCMP insists professional drug traffickers would never make it through the process and that anyone who has a major criminal conviction need not apply.

No professionals. Amateur drug traffickers only. I didn't realize a governing body existed to ensure that professional fucking cockroaches conduct business appropriately.

Please standby for increased RCMP misconduct and random tazer deaths.

The RCMP, which is on a hiring blitz, will now turn a blind eye to some indiscretions by its applicants, including some drug activities, CBC News has learned.

The force, which is in the midst of its largest ever recruiting drive, needs to hire close to 2,000 members over the next two years.

At the same time, an internal memo obtained by CBC News reveals the RCMP has changed its policy on drug use "to permit consideration of mitigating factors in all cases of criminal activity, which may include drug trafficking, etc."

'Our applicants that have had some minor indiscretions in the past and that disclose those to us, that's an indication of their honesty.'� RCMP Insp. Peter Kirchberger

The former policy immediately disqualified applicants who were involved in trafficking, cultivating, producing, or manufacturing illegal drugs or substances.

The revised rules say that for all serious crimes, or for any criminal offences or activity in an applicant's history in the last three years, "the regional recruiting officers must provide written rationale detailing the mitigating factors considered."

"Our applicants that have had some minor indiscretions in the past and that disclose those to us, that's an indication of their honesty," said RCMP Insp. Peter Kirchberger of the Mounties' national recruiting program.

"And if it's not a significant criminal event in the past, then we can apply mitigating circumstances and allow that applicant to continue in the process."

That means admitting to growing a marijuana plant or perhaps slipping a joint to a college roommate no longer means an automatic rejection from joining the force.

As a former RCMP officer, Senator Larry Campbell said he has no problem cutting applicants slack for youthful indiscretion, but added the policy is poorly written and open to interpretation.

"There should be some explanation in there about what mitigating circumstances would be and under what conditions," Campbell, who also served as the chief coroner of B.C., said in an interview.

The RCMP insists professional drug traffickers would never make it through the process and that anyone who has a major criminal conviction need not apply.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2009/03/27/cgy-rcmp-recruit-drugs-hiring.html?ref=rss

CUG
03-28-2009, 02:28 AM
Well, I agree they need to relax a few things, but that's massive.

HiTempguy1
03-28-2009, 07:07 AM
So the people with a lower standard of morals and values will be policing us... um yea, ok.

Toma
03-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
So the people with a lower standard of morals and values will be policing us... um yea, ok.

And that's different from how it is now....??

Even in the Calgary Police Force?

:nut:

revelations
03-28-2009, 09:29 AM
My brother applied to be a member a few years ago but was rejected because his roommates friends would sometimes come over to their place and smoke weed (brother has never smoked weed) while he was in the residence...hell be pissed wheh he hears this.

canuckcarguy
03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I didn't think smoking a few joints when you were young was a reason to reject candidates, even before this policy.

Toma
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
I didn't think smoking a few joints when you were young was a reason to reject candidates, even before this policy.
Nope definately not.

They were even over looking past criminal activity, minor infractions, records etc.

dezmarez
03-28-2009, 10:46 AM
i dont see why not..
look how much good "dog the bounty hunter" has done!!
and he killed someone!!

RickDaTuner
03-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Should we trully start to fear the police now, rather than go to them when in need?
Could this be the start of the decline of social order here in Canada?

TurboD
03-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Should we trully start to fear the police now, rather than go to them when in need?
Could this be the start of the decline of social order here in Canada?

retard post of the year

CUG
03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Could this be the start of the decline of social order here in Canada? Wanna cuddle?

ChappedLips
03-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Using drugs make you evil for life!

/sarcasm

revelations
03-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy

No but you had to have been "clean" for 3 years. My brother lived with his roomies 1 year prior to applying.

signature7
03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Not as bad as Miami police standards of old LOL.