PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident on Macleod Trail

mac70135
03-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Anyone see this last night?? They closed Macleod Trail from 69ave to Heritage Drive. It seems like a head-on collision, no one from the car could've survived it they had to cut off the roof and the car is just completely mangled :facepalm:

JMaj7
03-28-2009, 09:24 AM
It was a T-bone collision. Two girls are seriously injured. I guess the driver of the Sedan (I forget) lost control and ended up on the other side of the meridian and collided with a Dodge Durango. I saw it on the news last night. The Durango's front end was destroyed! The sedan was worse though. I hope everyone involved is ok.

rumeo
03-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by JMaj7
It was a T-bone collision. Two girls are seriously injured. I guess the driver of the Sedan (I forgot) lost control and ended up on the other side of the meridian and collided with a Dodge Durango. I saw it on the news last night. The Durango's front end was destroyed! The sedan was worse though. I hope everyone involved is ok.

Fixed.;)

Also hope everyone is ok.

96GrandAMGT
03-28-2009, 09:34 AM
they said that the grand am had swerved to avoid rear ending somone and ended up going over the median and thus getting t boned by the durango

mac70135
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by JMaj7
It was a T-bone collision. Two girls are seriously injured. I guess the driver of the Sedan (I forget) lost control and ended up on the other side of the meridian and collided with a Dodge Durango. I saw it on the news last night. The Durango's front end was destroyed! The sedan was worse though. I hope everyone involved is ok.

good thing no one died then

Hash_man
03-28-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2009/03/release.20090328_042139_8344_0

I drove by just after the accident happened when the first cops were arriving on scene... looked nuts, the grand am was smashed badly on the passenger side.

Kritafo
03-28-2009, 10:54 AM
they are saying speed and alcohol were involved, are they referring to the 16 year old drinking and driving?

http://www.metronews.ca/calgary/local/article/204365

Joe-G
03-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Holy shit! I saw that last night. I hope both parties are okay though, the damage to the SUV was intense. :eek:

CUG
03-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I saw that too. I was almost sure it was a drunk driving thing. Fucking retards. They also had the accident reconstruction rig out there... made me feel like shit thinking someones life was changed.,

2002civic
03-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I would assume so, obviously the durango mor ethan likely wasnt in the wrong, just wrong place at the wrong time, I think I missed this accident by 30 seconds, hopefully everyone recovers

Originally posted by Hash_man
http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2009/03/release.20090328_042139_8344_0

I drove by just after the accident happened when the first cops were arriving on scene... looked nuts, the grand am was smashed badly on the passenger side.

Deetz
03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I got stuck in that traffic jam last night with the road being closed. I remember thinkning how can people have accidents in this weather? It's not like last night was overly slippery on Mcleod TL :facepalm:

.....i feel sorry for the innocent people

The girl was 16 and alcohol was a factor....not impressed

mac70135
03-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised no one got hurt in the SUV

sevewone
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by CUG
They also had the accident reconstruction rig out there... made me feel like shit thinking someones life was changed.,

whats accident reconstruction?

InLoveWitRSX
03-28-2009, 02:22 PM
What color was the grand am? hopefully not red.. anyone know?

but yeah I drove by it last night and I thought it was a checkstop.... guess not.

InLoveWitRSX
03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by sevewone

whats accident reconstruction?

I think thats when they try to study what happened at the accident and they usually only do it when something fatal happens,
Since it seemed it happened at around 9pm and I drove there at around 2 AM and they still had the road closed due to the reconstruction..

supra_11
03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
What color was the grand am? hopefully not red.. anyone know?

but yeah I drove by it last night and I thought it was a checkstop.... guess not.

It was Grey,

I went into the mcdonalds parking lot, walked over to the area and viewed it.. pretty ridiculous. I don't understand how it could've happened, from my angle the damage on the SUV didn't look too horrible.. i mean on the pontiac sedan there wasn't any car from the bottom of the side-windows up.

edit, heres the picture:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/tasteofink306/crash.jpg

InLoveWitRSX
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by supra_11

It was Grey,

I went into the mcdonalds, walked over to the area and viewed it.. pretty ridiculous.

I have a couple of photos, i'll put them up shortly.

Okay thanks,
Would like to see photos!

OneOfMany
03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
It was a purple Grand Am and let me tell you that was the most horrific sound i have ever heard. Me and my other half were right beside it when it happened it was one of those "she went left and hit the SUV if she had of gone right it would have been us" kind of moments. I hope they are ok, to watch them cut that car apart seemed like it took forever! And to see how young they were was even worse!

bart
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
yes let us all hope nothing happened to the drunk driver so they can do this again.

CUG
03-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by sevewone

whats accident reconstruction? Pretty much what the other guy said. They use a forensic approach to finding out speeds, directions and other elements of the physics behind the accident...particularly necessary if there is a lack of credible or sound-minded witness'. They will usually bring a very expensive mapping device out to render a 3d image of the accident scene by setting out beacons and attaching a description to them. The device will pick up each beacon and the situation becomes preserved in data form and easier to read/interpret via computer. Often the CRU in the past has refuted some very damning testimony from witness' claiming to be present at the scene who were a friend of the person who really caused the accident etc.. that's one of many things they provide. They collect a LOT of data.. static collapse of structural components of the different vehicles involved.... if you want to know what the safest vehicle on the road is, talk to one of those guys ;)

Sorry for the diarrhea.

mac70135
03-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Pretty much what the other guy said. They use a forensic approach to finding out speeds, directions and other elements of the physics behind the accident...particularly necessary if there is a lack of credible or sound-minded witness'. They will usually bring a very expensive mapping device out to render a 3d image of the accident scene by setting out beacons and attaching a description to them. The device will pick up each beacon and the situation becomes preserved in data form and easier to read/interpret via computer. Often the CRU in the past has refuted some very damning testimony from witness' claiming to be present at the scene who were a friend of the person who really caused the accident etc.. that's one of many things they provide. They collect a LOT of data.. static collapse of structural components of the different vehicles involved.... if you want to know what the safest vehicle on the road is, talk to one of those guys ;)

Sorry for the diarrhea.

:barf: how do you know all these things?

OneOfMany
03-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Its not about letting a drunk driver back on the road its about life or death. Just cause she messed up (which she will pay for !!!) doesn't mean she should die.

krusso04
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
how do you know all these things?
haha i would guess to much csi lol

Canucks3322
03-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by OneOfMany
Its not about letting a drunk driver back on the road its about life or death. Just cause she messed up (which she will pay for !!!) doesn't mean she should die.

Anybody that gets on the road deliberately like that and endangers the life of myself and my loved ones doesn't deserve my sympathy...sure, we're not gonna pull her over and put a bullet through her head, but if she was the only one that died in this accident, I sure as hell wouldn't give a shit and say she deserved it.

CUG
03-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by krusso04

haha i would guess to much csi lol I hate that show with a passion. I've watched it twice, the second time by accident.

OneOfMany
03-30-2009, 07:52 AM
I guess thats where your mixing up my sympathy. The one in critical is the passenger.... the driver will survive.

I agree she put everyone at risk, hell i was there i should be just as pissed/worried, but im not going to hope that she doesn't make it through.

Anyway thats besides the point cause it is not the driver that is in the position of life or death. And im with you on that, if you put yourself there you take the consiquences (without a pity party) but as I'm sure we all know 9 times out of 10 its not the drunk driver that gets the worst of it.

staceymorris14
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, first of all, I just want to say this and have it out in the clear:
I go to school with these two girls, but they are not my friends in any stretch of the imagination. However, I do see that it is unfortunate that this has happened to them and pray that they will heal. But I am just surprised it took so long for someone from that "crowd" to get into an accident with consequences much greater than being grounded.

Anyways, the girls names are Porcia(the driver) and Brittany(Passenger)

Both have been charged with underage drinking

Porcia has f*ed up her spine (sorry for the vulgarity, I do not know how else to put it), one collapsed lung and I do not know what else. She is getting better, but will probably not be back to school for some time. Imagine that!

Brittany has two collapsed lungs, a broken arm and leg, broken pelvis, brain damage and is obviously the one in intensive care. She is improving according to her older brother, but is, again, f*ed up for lack of a better term.

This is what I have heard. We go to a small school of just over 400 and information tends to be pretty accurate.

In the end, though, this is an unfortunate way to learn a lesson. I hope that everyone will keep these girls in their prayers and thoughts.

It just goes to show that all those assemblies in Middle school about the dangers of drinking and driving actually have a point

Shogged
03-31-2009, 04:53 PM
and remind me why guys pay more for insurance? I swear the only people I know who get into accidents are girls :(

thoughts and prayers to the families though, hopefully all involved make it through!

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Anybody that gets on the road deliberately like that and endangers the life of myself and my loved ones doesn't deserve my sympathy...sure, we're not gonna pull her over and put a bullet through her head, but if she was the only one that died in this accident, I sure as hell wouldn't give a shit and say she deserved it.
I have to say I'm with you on this one,
If the guy in the Dodge survives,
and the drunk drivers dies,
Just one less unsafe person on the road.
I would rather see the drunk person get killed than the innocent driver.
But it would be better is no one died at all.

Canmorite
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by staceymorris14

Both have been charged with underage drinking

That's it? Driver should get hit with a LOT more.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

That's it? Driver should get hit with a LOT more.
LOL, already got hit by a dodge.
bwhahaha :banghead:

staceymorris14
03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

LOL, already got hit by a dodge.
bwhahaha :banghead:

Haha. Cleaver.

Porcia (driver) got charged with Driving While Impaired and Reckless Driving. I thought I had put that in there. I guess was just thinking it.

Update: Brittney (spelt it wrong the first time) broke both arms and legs (apparently) and crushed some ribs. On top of that, there is some serious internal bleeding and a bunch of random fluids swishing around that I guess mean she is UBER f*ed

sevewone
03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
I go to school with these two girls,

pics?.......

to soon?

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM

I guess mean she is UBER f*ed
LOL YEP,
you can say that again,
that is actually reallly fkn disgusting.

Meback
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
^ they are 16, why the hell would you want to see pics for?

staceymorris14
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Pics of the accident?? No idea.

Too soon? Not at all. Couldn't stand the two, but I wouldn't wish this on even them.

And what is fkn disgusting?? (A little clarity please:) )

Stephen81
03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Pics of the accident?? No idea.

Too soon? Not at all. Couldn't stand the two, but I wouldn't wish this on even them.

And what is fkn disgusting?? (A little clarity please:) )

Hey hey Stacey, what's new?

Yeah, I heard about those girls this weekend from some girls at work. Definitely gotta shake your head at this kind of stuff.

staceymorris14
03-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh hey!!

Its going good I guess :)

Yeah when I heard the news, I wasn't all that shocked to be completely honest. Do you remember Britt?? She worked with us for like a month and then just didn't show up to work. I ended up having to take her shifts that she left behind, not that I really cared.

But definitely a head shaker. Some people just don't get it! Unfortunately, this is what happens!

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 07:26 PM
The liquid inside squishing around.
LOL thats what i meant by disgusting.

Stephen81
03-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh hey!!

Its going good I guess :)

Yeah when I heard the news, I wasn't all that shocked to be completely honest. Do you remember Britt?? She worked with us for like a month and then just didn't show up to work. I ended up having to take her shifts that she left behind, not that I really cared.

But definitely a head shaker. Some people just don't get it! Unfortunately, this is what happens!

I remember hiring her...probably best that I keep the rest of my comments on that to myself other than to say I wasn't surprised to hear the news. As you said, it's a small school and hopefully it shocks students into taking a look at their lifestyle and choices. I've worked with some great young people but I've definitely noticed a trend over the past several years towards binge-drinking and unaccountability that ultimately leads to situations (I refuse to call it an accident) like this. Parents should be held accountable to a certain extent by society as a whole...I won't prevent my 16 year old kids from EVER touching alcohol because that's not the solution. What a bunch of kids are doing drunk behind the wheel just escapes me.

staceymorris14
03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton

I remember hiring her...probably best that I keep the rest of my comments on that to myself other than to say I wasn't surprised to hear the news. As you said, it's a small school and hopefully it shocks students into taking a look at their lifestyle and choices. I've worked with some great young people but I've definitely noticed a trend over the past several years towards binge-drinking and unaccountability that ultimately leads to situations (I refuse to call it an accident) like this. Parents should be held accountable to a certain extent by society as a whole...I won't prevent my 16 year old kids from EVER touching alcohol because that's not the solution. What a bunch of kids are doing drunk behind the wheel just escapes me.

I must agree. I have no idea how drinking and driving can make any sense. You've seen the commercials, read the newspapers, watched the news, sat through the hour long assemblies and lectures. How can you not comprehend that it is DANGEROUS!!! and that you are putting other people's lives in jeopardy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It is beyond me!

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton

Totally agree,
haha,
im 16...
But yeah i have been so drunk out of my mind that i just kept drinking.
That was the last time i will drink till im 18.
I don't see the point of getting completly fucked out of your mind.
And honestly, i couldn't imagine myself behind the wheel like that.
I hope some people realize that.

staceymorris14
03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

I don't see the point of getting completly fucked out of your mind.
And honestly, i couldn't imagine myself behind the wheel like that.
I hope some people realize that.

Yeah well it wouldn't surprise me if everyone in my school went on being retarded as usual. They are a bunch of idiots mostly. This may sound cruel, but I don't think that I would miss most of them.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM

Yeah well it wouldn't surprise me if everyone in my school went on being retarded as usual. They are a bunch of idiots mostly. This may sound cruel, but I don't think that I would miss most of them.
True True,
But haha,
All i need is my car,
and a turbo and im good.
I will sleep with my turbo
xD

JfuckinC
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
you little vagina's
you're in your prime, drink yourselves to death!

Nissan_Fanboy
03-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
you little vagina's
you're in your prime, drink yourselves to death!
I can't man,
Whenever i smell booze it makes me gag.
GLAHHHH

scat19
04-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Part of the fun with drinking is finding your car in the morning IMO.

The epic walk home, the triumphant return to your bed/buddies couch, etc....