PDA

View Full Version : WTF...my car is smoking after the service done

vtec96
10-18-2003, 01:53 AM
I just done my first 8K service in Sliver Hill Acura today......and guess what....
I was running on Deerfoot tonite around 9:30 pm...on the DeerFoot...I heard some thing hit my bottom,,,,I thought it's a stone or something,,,,and I got a lot of smoke from the engine bay !!!!! and the " Check Engine Light " is ON !! and the "OIL light" is ON ,too......WTF.....:guns:
after I pull over my car...I found no more engine oil in there....I think they didn't tie up the bolt on the bottom or the filter......WTF.....and I called the tow truck.....sh*t.....
What should I do ??? Should I ask for EXTEND warrany on Engine ?? I think this will hurt engine a lot .... :guns:

UPDATE...See post: Re: Oil Filter Fell Off (two Months Ago)

04blackMAX
10-18-2003, 01:58 AM
man thats suks, that happened to my friend and his benz....MB put a new engin in it....what kinda car is it....if its an 03 tl..tell them u want an 04..just a thought

nismodrifter
10-18-2003, 01:59 AM
you got busted by the police......they got a new tool that they are using on deerfot during their current massive action on speeding. They drive up behind you, release the tool from their car and it goes under your car and then unscrews your drain nut on the oilpan... :D

seriously though, just go back to the dealership and give them shit, make them pay for tow expenses etc..and see what they are willing to do about any damage caused to your engine

04blackMAX
10-18-2003, 01:59 AM
and why were you doing 160km????

Boostn
10-18-2003, 02:21 AM
Definitely get them to fork out for a brand new long block from Honda. I wouldn't bother with a rebuild, who knows how screwed up the engine is after being run with no oil. There's probably some seized components already. Major incompetence on the dealers part...

fast95pony
10-18-2003, 02:31 AM
Acura engines are designed to grenade themselves once you hit 60 kms/hr over the posted limit...

If your engine had siezed at that speed ,you probably would be lying in a hospital right now..

vtec96
10-18-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Boostn
Definitely get them to fork out for a brand new long block from Honda. I wouldn't bother with a rebuild, who knows how screwed up the engine is after being run with no oil. There's probably some seized components already. Major incompetence on the dealers part...

Do you guys think I can fight for a new engine ??? I hope so...

BTW..Mine is RSX...,,,,,,

Kaos
10-18-2003, 05:06 AM
If the car is under warranty, I dont see why not.
But then again they could easily say that you did all of that yourself (Those bastards at the dealerships are fukkers).
Show them the bill from the tow truck, then take pics of the damage done. eg- missing oil filter etc... if they wont accept it, bitch and complain.

3G
10-18-2003, 09:48 AM
It is partly your fault , 160 on Deerfoot and on a new engine that's still being broken into

Kona9
10-18-2003, 10:15 AM
I have a client suing chrysler, for the fact that his "leather" seats are not leather seats. He accidentally got a small rip in one seat, and went to an upholsterer to fix it. The upholsterer told him and showed him that it was part vinyl, part leather. So now he is suing chrysler for 8 thousand bucks. Chrysler has there ball huggers in a knot now because if it is made a huge deal, look how many grand cherokee owners are to be paid 8 grand for false advertising on material.
bla bla bla what i am saying is............regardless of you doing 160kmh, that should not have happened. Even though your choice of speed was dumb. Get down the dealerships throat. Don't show an ounce of confusion or weakness, TELL them what NEEDS to be done. That is BS. good luck.

tommy1223
10-18-2003, 10:47 AM
tell them what happened but not how fast u were going. then burn their asses and get new motor and everything for FREE...for FREE I SAY!

DUBBED
10-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
you got busted by the police......they got a new tool that they are using on deerfot during their current massive action on speeding. They drive up behind you, release the tool from their car and it goes under your car and then unscrews your drain nut on the oilpan... :D

lol i thought you were serious for second!!!

but yo it doesnt matter how fast the car was going just how high the engine was reving...

RiCE-DaDDy
10-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
It is partly your fault , 160 on Deerfoot and on a new engine that's still being broken into
wrong, car had 8000km, so im sure its well broken into. It seems like what happened was totally dealers fault, they fucked up somewhere

shadowz
10-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Yea I dunno about silverhill, my buddy bought a new type s from them two minutes after leaving the dealership it broke down, and then ever since then its been back at the shop getting a new valvetrain, check engine light comes on all the time

C4S
10-18-2003, 12:40 PM
:dunno: that really sucks...
Hopefully the warranty will cover ...
It happened to me once time simliarly .... all my engine oil leak ( not all, but most ! )

End up was some how a "nail" hit the bottom part of my engine ... and made a whole on it ! ( that was what the machinic told me... :confused: )

Anyway Good luck ! Honda Warranty is good :eek:

vtec96
10-18-2003, 01:30 PM
shit !!...they called me and says.." Well..it's your bad luck...we won't give you a new motor or anything,,,,and the oil is filled up..ready to go..."

WTF is that ???? I am going to kick some ass now.....:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

vtec96
10-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

wrong, car had 8000km, so im sure its well broken into. It seems like what happened was totally dealers fault, they fucked up somewhere

ya..the car is well broken into !!!
and I am sorry for the speeding because Iwas late for work...

but the main thing is.....my old 96 accord is strong than my 03' RSX ??? it' only 160KM........no sh*t....

Kaos
10-18-2003, 01:39 PM
The older the motor is, the better the engine. Ok that was a lie.

See dealerships are jackasses. Take them down, MAKE THEM BURN!

ninjak84
10-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by vtec96
shit !!...they called me and says.." Well..it's your bad luck...we won't give you a new motor or anything,,,,and the oil is filled up..ready to go..."

Silverhill is a bunch of pricks. They're assholes that don't give a shit about you once you give them your money.
Call your lawyer and file a lawsuit.

#1: Oil pans shouldn't fall out. Ever.
#2: You could have been seriously hurt.
#3: I'm pretty sure your engine is ruined now.

szw
10-18-2003, 01:48 PM

that is such a retarded thing to say

Anyways, keep pesting them. Maybe talk to your lawyer or at least mention that you are talking to your lawyer.

There's a guy on the sentra forums who had an oil change at the dealership, and they forgot to put oil in. Took a while for him because the dealership denied it, but he eventually got the new motor.

redx2nv
10-18-2003, 01:56 PM
I'll tell ya now, no way in hell they are giving you a new engine if its not blown, Its straight common sense.

Now i have a ITR with a faulty oil pump and the valevetrain in the head ran dry or debris somehow entered through the oil(i had all my oil and service done at acura). It was clearly their fault and they told me to go fuck myself, even after they said they would fix the fucking piece of shit.

They had me jumping through loops with empty promises, to the point where they said get this fucking thing out of here or were leaving it outside.

Truth is, ACURA can go fuck themselves. I bought a extended 160km warranty, but they always refuse to do work on my car, and refuse to give me back my refund for the warranty. they will do neither.

You guys think your having high hopes if the oil leaked out of the engine and you think they are going to replace the motor, if aint broke, they aint going to fix it.

szw
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Go talk to CFCN Consumer watch or whatever its called!

ninjak84
10-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by szw
Go talk to CFCN Consumer watch or whatever its called!

Great advice!!
Here's Lea Doherty's e-mail address : [email protected]

Mike09
10-18-2003, 02:12 PM
So what exactly was it, the drain pan bolt or the fitler, and did they pay the towing bills.

diycx
10-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Tell them you've contacted your lawyer. Also, tell them you will contact all local news stations and newspapers with your story. My pops said that to a manager at a dealership after they fucked with us and that got things rolling our way. Sue for engine repair, down time, and court costs. Oh, and maybe throw some "whiplash" in there too, haha. jk

syeve
10-18-2003, 07:50 PM
keep your reciepts...it sounds like a simple case of neglegence on their part...easy to prove, they WILL pay for all repairs and reasonable costs...(towing, rental cars etc.)

link785
10-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Don't accept any "that wasn't our fault" nonsense. Make them pay for their boo-boo :thumbsup:

04blackMAX
10-18-2003, 09:23 PM

8000km the engine shold have no problem hadleing speeds of 160km

vtec96
10-18-2003, 10:24 PM
I went to talk to them this afternoon....and the guy told me...it's "oil pressure %$$" broken..it's not thier fault....
and I refused to take my car home....they gave me a card to call their manager on Monday...
Do you guys think I can rent a car or I should have asked them to give me a car to drive before they put in a new motor ? because I don't really really want a new car..
it's still a new car..( 8000 KM only) I just put on the CAI, Catback, 17" rims ( and sold the stock one), and the 3M invisible hood protection, type R spoiler, blackout headlight....etc....

Hope eveything will go smooth....God bless me.....
and thanks for all the replies....

04blackMAX
10-18-2003, 10:36 PM
dood, i would turn that place upside down if that happened to me,,,just say it went in for a service,,,u guys are supposed to be fixxing the car not fucking it up....ill come in there with yeah..i love that kinda shit hahaha

vtec96
10-19-2003, 03:05 AM
oh...BTW...what else should I ask ??
just need a new Engine ? that's all ?

Skyline_Addict
10-19-2003, 03:07 AM
well if you got it from the dealership it's under warranty.
be sedate.
if they refuse, tell them that you have got the law involved "just in case".
if they keep on refusing, get nasty.

Loose
10-19-2003, 10:14 AM

I was running on Deerfoot tonite around 9:30 pm...and when I hit 160KM ...I heard some thing hit my bottom,,,,I thought it's a stone or something,,,,

So did you run over something, or did something fall off your engine. If you ran over something they shouldn't have to pay for your motor, but if the oil filter fell off or something like that, they should.

rice_eater
10-19-2003, 11:44 AM
that's exactly what i was thinking...DID you actually hit something on the road dude? Coz if you did as soon as they jack the car they will notice and then they'll tell you to go fuck yourself and most likely make you pay for their shop time just out of spite!

vtec96
10-19-2003, 12:07 PM
NO no no..I didn't hit ANYTHING !!

If I hit anything ...the service guy will tell me ,right ? but they didn't say any shit about that,,,...so....anyway..I will talk to Manager on Monday,,,,,

thanks guy !!

rice_eater
10-19-2003, 12:39 PM
well good luck then dude...if you're young it'll probably be way better if you go in with an older adult...they dont give a shit about young people since we dont have the deep pockets

nismodrifter
10-19-2003, 05:03 PM
possible beyond meet at silverhill to help out vtec96?? :rofl: :rofl:

you got to take a no bullshit policy in a situation like this...got to be tough with your words otherwise they are just going to give you the run around

vtec96
10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
ok...today I talked to the manager...and he said ..they are going to take out my engine and check it manual ...if there is any damage ...they will replaced a new one for me...if not...then they cannot give me a new engine or any shit,,,
Do you guys think they will tell the truth if there do have some damage with the engine ??..
I think they will lie to me anyway...
FucXking dealership....:guns: :guns: :guns:

jdmakkord
10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
ok...today I talked to the manager...and he said ..they are going to take out my engine and check it manual ...if there is any damage ...they will replaced a new one for me...if not...then they cannot give me a new engine or any shit,,,
Do you guys think they will tell the truth if there do have some damage with the engine ??..
I think they will lie to me anyway...
FucXking dealership....:guns: :guns: :guns:

Make sure they take pics of the damage, or lack of damage. Also ask to be shown the results and take a friend or mechanic with you.

syeve
10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
your engine seized, its broken, as broken as broken gets...MAKE them get you a new one, or you will be stuggling with prob the rest of your cars life. DO NOT get them to "fix" it...NEW motor, or your calling your lawyer.

cp1
10-29-2003, 04:22 PM
take it to a seperate acura dealership not silverhill! get them to inspect it and write down possible causes! then with that take it back to silver hill and show them and send a copy to your lawyer if it was a fault of workmanship by silverhill legally it will be a tough battle and long but they must reimburse you for the complete repairs done by either another shop to fix it or fix or replace it themselves... thats the only way you will ever get an decent line of communication open...

vtec96
11-13-2003, 10:09 PM
What should I do now,,,,it's almost one month now.....
the dealership refuse to give me a new engine or even extend warranty....because They said the car is still good ...nothing wrong with it now....
I called Honda Canada customer service....and they told me to deal with the dealship...(..WTF...)
This is my first Acura....and now...I have no faith with Acura anymore,,,,,so sad....
Should I find a lawyer ?? or give up and take my car back.....