PDA

View Full Version : Balance Lounge 1504 16th Avenue SW

l/l/rX
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Anyone ever been? Going on Friday. Looks alright...

http://www.balancelounge.com/index.htm

BigBearWest
03-31-2009, 04:06 PM
I have been there a couple of time for DJ comps that they have been hosting. I really like the venue.

Drink pricing is good. Food is good but pricey.

Wildcat
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks very nice, but dj comps? :facepalm:

l/l/rX
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM
iiii see....what kind of music do they play? is it upscale ish? dinner time till a certain time then lounge/ clubbish atmosphere after like 10 er 11 or so?

scboss
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
A while back, I went there with a couple of my friends at around 5 or 6pm. The whole place was empty except for 1 other table. The server, chef and i believe, manager, were all so engrossed with the other table that we basically got ignored.
They sat us but they didn't come and take our drink or food orders. It seemed like they didn't want to serve us at all but didn't want to be so rude as to say they wouldn't.
We look young and were dressed pretty casually but not shabbily in the least and there was pretty much no one else there. I understand that many upscale restaurants want to maintain a level of quality as far as its clientele but at the same time, I find snooty, uptight attitudes completely unacceptable. We came from work and it was a weekday, we weren't dressed to the nines but should that really be necessary to enjoy a nice dinner?
It was such a waste of time. I probably won't ever go back. It's too bad that that isn't based on the quality of their food but there are more than enough other places to choose from for good food.

dj_rice
04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My old high school classmate is the chef there

dubbster
04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
NEVER BEEN THERE.

SI_futbol
04-07-2009, 01:34 AM
that place is fucking awesome, its pretty dead most nights, but absolutly insane when they have dj comps. its way better then anything going in calgary when theyve got an event there.

JAYMEZ
04-07-2009, 08:51 AM
^^^ :werd:

krazykhoja
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I was thinking about going there with some friends for my birthday in a couple weeks on saturday...any more reviews on the place?

Good music/crowd etc? Or would you guys recommend I go someplace else?

Edit: I have been to most of the clubs in the city (met/mercury/mile one/soho/opus/whiskey/cowboys/tantra etc)...thought this one would a bit different atmosphere. I'd be going on a Saturday night, so anyone thats been there on a Saturday that enjoyed it or not...and why