PDA

View Full Version : shops specializing in Honda

jakeobus
03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
looking for a quality shop with a good rep to take several of my honda's to for paint/bodywork/out of province safety's, and mechanical work.
wondering if anyone here can reccommend some shops to me locally.
and hopefully the shops/mechanics there are well versed with swap's and k20's specifically.
any help is appreciated.

KuruptEX
03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
mechanical work = Option Import :thumbsup:

they dont do any bodywork/paint

jakeobus
03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
mechanical work = Option Import :thumbsup:

they dont do any bodywork/paint

safety's?

KuruptEX
03-31-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.option-import.com/

im not quite sure about out of province inspections but my dad's a ama driving instructor and he got his car checked for safety of the student. so yes they do safety

jakeobus
03-31-2009, 04:46 PM
ok i just called option import, and they dont do out of province safety's and they said for me to find some of the jdm importers here and find out what they do for their safeties...
so i guess topic has changed, any reccommendations for jdm importers/garages?

da_rite
03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
go to sport compact tuning lab, they got some really good techs working there and they pretty much only do honda's would take my stuff there again anyday

Joe-G
03-31-2009, 08:24 PM
If you specifically need an OOP done there should be some places that do it relatively cheap. I once saw one advertised for $80 IIRC, you just have to search.

But for any mechanical work, Option-Import is the best.
They're very experienced technicians and they're knowledgeable about most imports, specifically Hondas. I think they were technicians at Honda for a long time.

For body work, Screamin' Paintworks seems to be the most recommended on here.

Redlyne_jr
03-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G
If you specifically need an OOP done there should be some places that do it relatively cheap. I once saw one advertised for $80 IIRC, you just have to search.

They're very experienced technicians and they're knowledgeable about most imports, specifically Hondas. I think they were technicians at Honda for a long time.

I have to agree really friendly staff at option-import..:D

jakeobus
03-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G

yea i have 2 cars that need oop safety's, dont really care about the price, even if someone has a hook up for cash (which would be preferred) that would help.

gpomp
03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by da_rite
go to sport compact tuning lab, they got some really good techs working there and they pretty much only do honda's would take my stuff there again anyday :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jaylo
03-31-2009, 09:49 PM
go to sport compact tuning lab, they got some really good techs working there and they pretty much only do honda's would take my stuff there again anyday

Sport Compact Tuning Lab == RPM Racing?

Team_Mclaren
03-31-2009, 09:50 PM

arent they the old RPM?

da_rite
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
yea i think so...