PDA

View Full Version : best way to lose fat around stomach

futurecivic
03-31-2009, 09:21 PM
what is the best/easiest/fastest way to lose the weight around your stomach i dont want ripped abs but need to lose fat around stomach and love handle areas

any routines would be helpful and i dont have a gym membership yet either
thanks

Darkane
03-31-2009, 09:25 PM
No/very low carb diet.

Fat around the mid section signifies Insulin resistance and high cortisol (stress).

Basically it means you suck at handling sugar/bread/carbs in general.

zipdoa
03-31-2009, 09:25 PM
.... no such thing as spot weight loss.

You wanna lose weight? Eat healthy, gets lots of excersize, and eat smaller portions. It is not a secret!

Darkane
03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
.... no such thing as spot weight loss.

Are you quite sure?

futurecivic
03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
what kind of exercises can i do cause just changing eating habits isnt just going to shed the pounds by itself

Unknown303
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I am shedding my winter weight by just running my ass off in the gym right now. Nothing but some solid cardio and a healthy diet is going to cause it to go away.

futurecivic
03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
do sit ups do anything or is it just doing stuff under the fat
i guess i will be doing some running and maybe find a rowing machine

futurecivic
03-31-2009, 09:44 PM
i guess i should say im not huge in any sense i weigh 180 and im 5'10"ish but have also stopped doing alot of athletic activities
just wannt ot get rid of the mid section

Darkane
03-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by futurecivic
what kind of exercises can i do cause just changing eating habits isnt just going to shed the pounds by itself

Haha.

Yes it can, and does. Seriously the best diet for you is a very low carb.

I'm gonna take a stab at this and say you're remaining fat is also centered around you inner thighs, lower back and hips/ass. Correct?

EDIT: 5'10" and 180? Don't go low carb. You need healthy habits and to put on some muscle.

Ignore my posts and start from the basics.

futurecivic
03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
^^yes minus the legs have always had bigger thighs from ridding bmx and playing baseball and other sports

bart
03-31-2009, 09:50 PM
http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/50310409/Sauna_Belt.jpg

dubbster
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Haha.

Yes it can, and does. Seriously the best diet for you is a very low carb.

I'm gonna take a stab at this and say you're remaining fat is also centered around you inner thighs, lower back and hips/ass. Correct?

EDIT: 5'10" and 180? Don't go low carb. You need healthy habits and to put on some muscle.

Ignore my posts and start from the basics.

What do you recommend for someone 6'1, 195 14.5% BF. Large mid section, thigh, back, butt like you described.

Darkane
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by dubbster

What do you recommend for someone 6'1, 195 14.5% BF. Large mid section, thigh, back, butt like you described.

Low carb diet, heavy lifting in 3-5rep range.

14.5% is not very much man. Just cut out the junk - you know what it is.

KRyn
03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
What about conjugated linoleic acid good or bad?

Also answer my PM Darkane! :)

Rohling
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
I heard that lowering your calorie intake helps to reduce the size of your love handles.

I have the same problem...

Kloubek
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Rohling
I heard that lowering your calorie intake helps to reduce the size of your love handles.

Less calories = less fat? You don't say.....?

Darkane
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Also answer my PM Darkane! :)

Answered! :D

natejj
04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Damn carbs... so tasty and cheap and easy to make... I think it's time to say good bye :cry:

Quickstrike
04-01-2009, 02:10 AM
I gotta stop my daily Large Iced Capps and Beer binges :(.

I am developing a pretty big gut for being 6'3" ~200lbs.

dubbster
04-01-2009, 07:00 AM

Thanks man. What is a good # of carbs to intake daily?

dubbster
04-01-2009, 07:00 AM

Thanks man. What is a good # of carbs to intake daily?

Mckenzie
04-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Well ideally for doing what you want it is 0 carbs, but realistically, I've found that I can function around 50-60 carbs without losing my mind. Eggs, cheese, cottage cheese chicken and veggies are your friends.

Also, what was said earlier regarding cortisol, the stress hormone. The biggest thing you can do to prevent this is getting a solid 7-8 hrs of sleep. Reducing stress also works, but easier said than done.

And there has been recent studys showing that there is a spot weight loss effect, but its not as important as the above two points.

Eibbus
04-01-2009, 08:23 AM
What is considered "Plenty of exercise"? Im 6'0, 223 lbs. My goal is to get down to 200 by the end of summer.

Right now Im doing 3 sets of 5 chinups.

Then I'm on the treadmill for 1 hr. For the treadmill I am not at running speed. Pretty much a very fast walking speed with hill intervals through out. By the end the treadmill says I've burned just over 700 Calories, but I don't know how accurate that is or if its even doing anything by just walking really fast ( i am sweating quite a bit by the end )

Then after that I am trying to do 3 sets of 20 Pushups, but I fizzle out on the last set rightnow.

Im am slowly noticing a difference, but the weight isnt coming off as fast as I thought it would.

The running I do everyday, the pushups and chinups are every other day. I've only been doing this for almost a week so far. If I stick to it I should notice a difference right?

Im pretty sure I eat ALOT of carbs. Is the diet the only thing i need to change now?

max_boost
04-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Diet is 90% of the battle man!

403Gemini
04-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Giving up junk food is the greatest thing I have ever done. I havent had a coke in over 3 weeks now, and I used to drink 3-5 cans a day (yes, i drank a lot of coke). now its all water, a glass of orange juice a day, and 2 protein drinks. I find I have more energy, less frequent headaches (unless weather keeps changing lol) and daily exercise helps a lot. My love handles are almost gone but i still have a bit of the "bulk" on my gut. My core/upper abs are looking great tho :D

sputnik
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Some of you guys are borderline women.

Worrying about being over 6 ft tall and around 200 lbs?

Unless you guys are weaklings with a beer gut, what are you so worried about?

403Gemini
04-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Some of you guys are borderline women.

Worrying about being over 6 ft tall and around 200 lbs?

Unless you guys are weaklings with a beer gut, what are you so worried about?

:cry:

j/k ;)

I'm happy with 200 , id rather be 180, but if i stay at 200 i would rather it be a lot more muscle than stomach :D

sputnik
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Basically. If you are 6ft tall and 200lbs and have a beer gut and love handles, you should really try turning your fat into muscle instead of dieting since you are probably a chubby weakling.

Eibbus
04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Basically. If you are 6ft tall and 200lbs and have a beer gut and love handles, you should really try turning your fat into muscle instead of dieting since you are probably a chubby weakling.

How constructive lol. You must have had some bad April fools hazings this morning or something.

In anycase, there is room for both losing weight and building muscle. 223 lbs @ 6ft isnt where I want to be.

max_boost
04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I think with the summer season coming up everyone wants to be built for show haha

masoncgy
04-01-2009, 01:32 PM

:werd:

6ft & 200 lbs isn't really that overweight... so you're more 'out of shape' than anything... get active and that will turn around quickly.

'Chubby weakling' isn't meant to be an insult.. it's just fact. If one is close to an ideal weight but describes their physique as 'chubby'... then they likely are not physically strong.

lint
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM

ALL you have to do is turn your fat into muscle!! That's so fucking easy! :rolleyes:

How the fuck do you propose that someone does that without dieting?

sputnik
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by lint

ALL you have to do is turn your fat into muscle!! That's so fucking easy! :rolleyes:

How the fuck do you propose that someone does that without dieting?

By working out instead of dieting.

Its not like someone 6ft and 200lbs needs to lose weight.

Clearly his diet is just fine, he just could stand to have a bit more physical activity including resistance exercises.

lint
04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
By working out instead of dieting.

Can you make a more general statement? Not all "working out" is the same, nor geared towards the same goals, nor will yield the same results. And unless you pair it with a diet that matches your goals, you're not going to see the results that you're looking for.

Its not like someone 6ft and 200lbs needs to lose weight.

Who are you to decide what someone 6' and 200lbs needs or doesn't need to do with their body?

Clearly his diet is just fine, he just could stand to have a bit more physical activity including resistance exercises.

Clearly everyone could stand to have a bit more physical activity including resistance exercises added to their daily routines, captain obvious.

godlovestofu
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM

you can't turn fat into muscle

Originally posted by futurecivic
it's possible, all you have to do is make sure your calorie intake < calorie output

what is the heavy lifting for? isn't he trying to lose weight, not gain functional strength?

msommers
04-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I really need to hit the gym and start dieting again. The other day I noticed a picture of myself from a few years ago when I was dieting strictly and maintaining a good workout program...now...God! My face is fatter and my overall muscle mass has definitely decreased except for my legs, probably because of biking and soccer.

Got the 'before' pics taken already, starting today actually, getting back into it....................................I'LL MISS YOU PASTA:cry: :cry:

shamez
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
roids. Answer to everything. :poosie:

Dumbass17
04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
try drinking alot of water throughout the day and with meals
i tend to find myself eating with water. ex, one bite, one drink of water, one bite, one drink of water etc.
fills you up quicker and you'll tend to eat less!

em2ab
04-16-2009, 01:05 PM
It's not always fat around your stomach either, it's also very soft stomach muscles allowing your organs to push their way outwards. If you do exercises which tighten up your stomach muscles, you'll notice that it works as a better barrier and pushes back against your organs better, giving you a flatter stomach without actually losing any weight.

Rstar
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
haha i've lost 5 pounds so far this spring from 3 ball hockey games and a squash game in the past week and a half. My body definitely wasn't used to burning calories.