PDA

View Full Version : The thing about Mazda 3's and 6's

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Well, we all seen it happen in 1995. A great looking, affordable car by a mediocre car manufacturer. They were the Pontiac Sunfire and the Chevrolet Cavalier.

Now here we are, closing in on the 2000's and we have the same sichiation: Mazda 6's: They look great, they're affordable and now......

Everybody has one!

Just like what happened in the late 90's with sunfires, everyone has one of these cars and they're no longer the unique, sleek car that they once were, but rather just another one of those cars that everyone has.

Thanks alot mazda, for ruining a couple of great vehicles.

lhatton
04-01-2009, 06:25 AM
...and they are a 100 times better than the cavalier or sunfire.

Affordable, good looking, well built car? Why not.

Crymson
04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Not everyone thinks of cars as we do. For the vast majority of people a car is simply a transportation appliance.

ExtraSlow
04-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Great car
Affordable
Rare

Pick any two.

heavyD
04-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Everybody has a Mazda 3 but I don't see that many Mazda 6's. Would you rather Mazda make them ugly so nobody buys them?

Props to Mazda for figuring out that style sells rather than build anonymous cars like the Accord, Civic, Camry, Corrolla that sell on nothing more than name and reputation. The Mazda 3 just became the best selling car in Canada and I think that is good as maybe the message will start to wear off on Honda and Toyota that people don't just buy because JD Power says it's reliable. Sure Mazda builds a pretty average car but they are proof that attractive styling still rules.

adam c
04-01-2009, 07:36 AM
i do see a lot of mazda 6's yes, but i only notice them now more since i have one

nice car, quiet (most of the time), comfortable, has some power, torque is nice especially after switching from honda. only real downfall, can't tune the ECU so yea...

ExtraSlow
04-01-2009, 08:19 AM
And the 3 is fun to drive. First FWD car I've ever owned that will oversteer properly on gravel. Mazda engineers have built the fun into the driving expereince, rather than taking the fun out like Toyota.

inline6turbo
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I used to have a mazda3, loved it :) great value for the money imo.

Personally I'm really digging the newly redigned 2010 model, but i can see many people thinking it's hideous. ie: new Acura TSX space/time machine appearance

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/08/2010-mazda3-unveiled-ahead-of-la-auto-show/

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2010-mazda-3.jpg
http://www.ecarsavenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2010-acura-tsx-v6-1024x768.jpg

BlackArcher101
04-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Blame their cheap financing. Selling the cars at 0% for a long period of time only floods the market with the cars and hurts resale.

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Ur all missing the point.

adam c
04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
no we aren't, you're just an idiot

Gabe182
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Who the fuck says a cavilier is attractive???

ekguy
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I drove my brother in law's mazda 3 for the weekend not long ago and my broke down transmission Legend was almost as fast as the Mazda. They suck. Nice gauges was the only thing I liked.

My brother in law misses the Legend alot since he bought the mazda since it's much faster than the 3. For most people it might be a great point a to point b type car. But for car enthusiasts you're left with the Mazdaspeed models or nothing.

freshprince1
04-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PatrickSponge
Ur all missing the point.

I think you're missing the point.

Mazda builds a good looking, well made car, and sell a ton of them and you think they've made a mistake? I'd say they've executed a profitable business plan.

And if they has to be another car flooding the market, at least it looks good and performs well.

freshprince1
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
I drove my brother in law's mazda 3 for the weekend not long ago and my broke down transmission Legend was almost as fast as the Mazda. They suck. Nice gauges was the only thing I liked.

My brother in law misses the Legend alot since he bought the mazda since it's much faster than the 3. For most people it might be a great point a to point b type car. But for car enthusiasts you're left with the Mazdaspeed models or nothing.

Isn't the Legend a V6? I would think it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it is faster than a 4 cylinder compact car.

...I wonder why I am defending the 3 so much? I don't even own one.

adam c
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ekguy

well you don't buy a base model expecting it to be a performance car
if he wanted performance he should have gone with a mazda6 v6 or a mazdaspeed 3/6, rx-8
that's like saying a civic should be performance considering a mazda 3 has more hp and torque than any civic other than the type-r

A790
04-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I somewhat agree with the sentiment express re: style of the Cavalier and Sunfire. The 1995 Cavalier Z24 in red with white rims was actually pretty decent looking. Of course, at that time no one could tell that they were going to wind up being appliance like POS's.

The 3 and 6 are both decent vehicles. I applaud Mazda for introducing them and really forcing other manufacturers to up their game on a style perspective.

bulaian
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
:whocares:

scat19
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
sichiation:

Really? :facepalm:

SITUATION - SIT U A TION.

Easy, isn't it.

em2ab
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Buy the Mazdaspeed version. Crisis averted.

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Nope nope nope y'all don't unerstan the sityation yet. Maybe, in due time.

adam c
04-01-2009, 11:22 AM
no we all do, but we don't care
i see more BMW's, Civics, Corollas than i see mazda3 or mazda6
what's your point?

you don't even live in calgary so what is your argument?

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM
anyone except adam_c have any comments on this? Much Appreciated!

403Gemini
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM

Nope.

It's an econobox.

Its low hp, low cost, decent mileage. What else would you expect? I see a bunch of cobalts, civics, corollas, sentras... well you get the point.

adam c
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
what exactly is your point?
mazda made a car, it's up to consumers to buy it, people are buying it so mazda is making more

are you really that dumb?
mazda wouldn't make the car if people didn't buy it

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Again, to quote myself, ^^

adam c
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by adam c
what exactly is your point?
mazda made a car, it's up to consumers to buy it, people are buying it so mazda is making more

are you really that dumb?
mazda wouldn't make the car if people didn't buy it

ok cool, i'll quote myself again too

powerslave
04-01-2009, 12:09 PM

Well what do you want people to say? I agree completely with what adam said. Should people who own these cars just push them off a cliff so that there will be fewer of them?

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by powerslave

Well what do you want people to say? I agree completely with what adam said. Should people who own these cars just push them off a cliff so that there will be fewer of them?

Yes, maybe. Adam think's he the queen of the castle just because he drives a rusty old mazda.

badatusrnames
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
The difference is that the Cavalier and Sunfire were terribly built cars. People had negative experiences with them. And since they sold well, GM's brand image was ruined for a great deal of people.

Look at the Civic, terribly common cars, but since owner satisfaction with them is high, they've done a great deal to raise Honda's brand image. When people move out of a Civic into something larger & pricier, they stick with a Honda (Acura) product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to flood a segment with your cars. Just make sure that they are a good product so you don't ruin your reputation.

I'll admit though, I'm sick of seeing so many Mazda 3's on the road zooming in and out of traffic and around corners like they are sports cars....

Oh - and lol at "sichiation."

adam c
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
yes i'm the queen if you're the queer
anyways, why isn't this comment about civics? there are just as many civics as there are mazdas

so again, what the fuck is your point
do you own a mazda that has dropped in value? or are you jealous of people driving them? or are you just anal retentive?

01RedDX
04-01-2009, 12:30 PM

adam c
04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
even if i didn't drive a mazda, i would be defending this..

the guy has no leg to stand on, it's ridiculous

badatusrnames
04-01-2009, 12:43 PM

ok cool, i'll quote myself again too

Careful guys, you don't want to get stuck in an infinite loop...

PatrickSponge
04-01-2009, 12:52 PM
yes i'm the queen if you're the queer
anyways, why isn't this comment about civics? there are just as many civics as there are mazdas

so again, what the fuck is your point
do you own a mazda that has dropped in value? or are you jealous of people driving them? or are you just anal retentive?

Oh, hahaha no no. I drive a Chrysler. So I'm FAR from wanting a mazda.

403Gemini
04-01-2009, 12:54 PM

You sure its not a .... dodge stratus?

ExtraSlow
04-01-2009, 01:09 PM

Wait, it's all starting to make sense. He thinks that all car companies should act like Chrysler and make "funky" cars that nobody buys so that when he parks one in his driveway, none of his neighbours will have the same one.
What you fail to realize, Mr. Sponge, is that Mazda is actually trying to turn a profit, unlike Chrysler.

atgilchrist
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I still don't understand what patricksponge's argument is. So because there are lots of 3s they are bad? Stupid.

2.0turbo
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm failing to see the point here?

I drive a Mazda, its great, and I can feel assured that in a years time, they will be there to service it for me.

PatrickSponge
04-02-2009, 08:01 AM
My argument is that we don't like cavaliers or sunfires now, but we do like mazda's 3 and 6's, but they are bound to the same fate as cavaliers so if your planning on buying one then think about that. That's all.

Mods: Lock'er up and ban adam_c.

adam c
04-02-2009, 08:05 AM
ban me for what?? lol you fucking noob...

ExtraSlow
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
My argument is that we don't like cavaliers or sunfires now, but we do like mazda's 3 and 6's, but they are bound to the same fate as cavaliers so if your planning on buying one then think about that. That's all.

You are a retard.

PatrickSponge
04-02-2009, 08:18 AM
ban me for what?? lol you fucking noob...

Hey I was just joking, wow everyone on this site seems so cereal, just lighten up a bit!

lilmira
04-02-2009, 08:22 AM

Hey I was just joking, wow everyone on this site seems so cereal, just lighten up a bit!

Cereal? Like frosted flakes? You cant be cereas.

freshprince1
04-02-2009, 09:03 AM

Well then...your argument is stupid. There are lots of cavaliers and sunfires because they were just cheap, trust me, I owned one...the only reason was because I was a university student and couldn't afford anything else. On the other hand, the Mazda 3 and 6's are well made and more affordable than a lot of their competition, with many standard features that other do not offer.

So, you are basically comparing apples to oranges in your argument, and therefore it holds no ground against even the lightest scrutiny.

The Beyonder's harsh reactions are due to a) your illogical argument, b) your nonsensical replies, and c) you're obviously an attention whore, but you're so out of touch with reality, we can't help but try to shed some light on your false take on the car industry.

PatrickSponge
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
You can't be cereal....I think my opinion is as valid as the next persons.

adam c
04-02-2009, 12:33 PM
no you can't compare a sunfire or cavalier to a mazda3 and mazda6

they are completely different cars made by completely different companies with completely different manufacturing processes

PatrickSponge
04-02-2009, 12:37 PM
You act schtoopit?

01RedDX
04-02-2009, 02:28 PM

drewb
04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
when did anyone actually like sunfires and cavilers?

m3_powered
04-03-2009, 12:20 AM
You act schtoopit?
Whaaat?

Originally posted by 01RedDX
STFU PatrickSpooge :facepalm:

Please take his advice I'm begging you!

PatrickSponge
04-03-2009, 05:36 AM
aww no...It's not fair.

I'm bieng really super cereal and nobody believers me.

Cavaliers were popular at one time. Nobody believes me!

sr20s14zenki
04-03-2009, 05:49 AM
^^^This guy is one of the biggest trolls i have seen in awhile. Do a search and look at the rest of his threads. This is a nerd with nothing better to do, ignore him.

PatrickSponge: guy...get a life....do you really honestly have nothing better to do than trollwhore a forum that isnt even near you?

And, to put the final nail in the coffin of this thread, cavaliers and sunfires are usually pieces of shit that are built to die after a certain amount of km (low usually) and get thrown away so you have to buy another car. Mazda on the other hand, like most japanese manufacturers, builds a car to last and give the customer bang for their buck. Every manufacturer has lemons, but i think chev, and chrysler, had far too many with their Cavalier/Sunfire and the Neons.

PatrickSponge
04-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
^^^This guy is one of the biggest trolls i have seen in awhile. Do a search and look at the rest of his threads. This is a nerd with nothing better to do, ignore him.

PatrickSponge: guy...get a life....do you really honestly have nothing better to do than trollwhore a forum that isnt even near you?

And, to put the final nail in the coffin of this thread, cavaliers and sunfires are usually pieces of shit that are built to die after a certain amount of km (low usually) and get thrown away so you have to buy another car. Mazda on the other hand, like most japanese manufacturers, builds a car to last and give the customer bang for their buck. Every manufacturer has lemons, but i think chev, and chrysler, had far too many with their Cavalier/Sunfire and the Neons.

Get your facts straight before you pinch another loaf.

atgilchrist
04-03-2009, 07:34 AM
I think we have a new ultimate post whore!

PatrickSponge
04-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by atgilchrist
I think we have a new ultimate post whore!

I agree....sr20s14zenki and adam_c are the hooriest of post whores.

gmoney82
04-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Congratulations your brain had an opinion and decided it didn't like Mazda's. :clap:

Hey I can't wait to start my own opinion thread and get mad and immature when other people disagree

em2ab
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
if websiteName = "Beyond.ca" and threadPage > 1 then
thread.delete()
end if

:zzz:

sr20s14zenki
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM

I agree....sr20s14zenki and adam_c are the hooriest of post whores.

Yah, one difference here bud....i contribute to threads in a meaningful way. I help fellow members out with their car problems, and offer competitive rates for repairs/advice. What do you contribute? Meaningless nonsense IMO.

Stringz
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Loved My Mazda 3

wannabelow
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
love the wife mazda 6 comfie good on gas got some balls(had a 97 saturn ) tons off room for kids.

i could go on and on about the 6 and y we got it

see tons of 3's but very little 6's

Proboscis
04-10-2009, 02:43 AM
From a "tech" side of things. I like working on Mazda's.

Proboscis
04-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Mazdas

berbatov
04-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Purchased a Mazda Protege (3) for 24500 in 2000 and for 9 years it's been a reliable car