PDA

View Full Version : Trulli / Hamilton Case to be reopened

rage2
04-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Not sure if this is an April Fools joke or not, but it's spread pretty wildly over several reputable news sources now.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74137

Here's the series of events thus far:

1. Vettel + Kubica Crash. SC comes out.
2. Trulli drives off the track
3. Hamilton passes Trulli under SC while Trulli off track. Deemed legal.
4. Trulli catches up.
5. McLaren tells Hamilton to let Trulli pass since they have absolutely no clue if #3 was legal or not thanks to previous stupid McLaren penalties.
6. Trulli makes the pass. Ends up 3rd. Hamilton ends up 4th.
7. Hamilton tells Lee McKenzie (reporter) that team told him to let Trulli by because they don't want to get a penalty.
8. FIA Stewards summon both drivers in meeting.
9. FIA Stewards determines that Trulli passed illegally, dishes out drive-thru penalty. Ends up off the points. Hamilton is gifted 3rd.
10. Toyota threatens appeal.
11. McLaren releases press release and states that they did tell Hamilton to let Trulli pass.
12. Toyota drops appeal knowing that the McLaren Spa appeal was thrown out.
13. FIA reopens case, says they have new evidence to suggest that Hamilton let Trulli pass and he didn't mention it in the Stewards meeting. All this evidence came to the FIA apparently after 4 days (it's been public since #7, right after the race).

So now, Hamilton might get a penalty, most likely a DSQ from the race, and they'll overturn a drive thru penalty which can't be appealed, effectively giving Trulli 3rd, and Hamilton a DSQ. All this without actually appealing, they're just gonna do it. :rofl:

Man, I KNEW it was too good to be true when the FIA gave Hamilton a free point. What a joke the FIA guys have turned F1 into. Where the fuck was the automatic appeal process at Spa? LOL

bart
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
haha, well can't say this year isn't off to an exciting start!

buh_buh
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
what's in dispute is what happened with Hamilton. There seems to be conflicting stories as to what actually happened during the SC period. Trulli claims Hamilton slowed down to a point where Trulli had no choice but to pass, which is what Hamilton said about Trulli going off. There are also claims of Hamilton radio transmissions that weren't previously available to the public that should apparently clear things up.

HHURICANE1
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Why don't those idiots get a dedicated track crew/stewards so that they don't have to go through all this BS every time. FIA leaves it up to the stewards to try to interpret the rule book and then have to try and figure out what the hell happened. The teams are confused, the fans are confused and no body knows sometimes for weeks the results. Get with it FIA, you keep looking like a bunch of retards.

rage2
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
There are also claims of Hamilton radio transmissions that weren't previously available to the public that should apparently clear things up.
Radio transmissions is not encrypted this year. They're available for anyone to listen to. In fact, you can get all of them here:

http://sports.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/f1scanner/

Anyways, even when they were encrypted, the stewards always had full access to them. They actually have access to full telemetry too from each team, that's how they determined the "brake check" penalties from a while back. Which makes this even more bizarre haha.

DJ Lazy
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
Get with it FIA, you keep looking like a bunch of retards.

They don't look the part.... They are retards.

:banghead:

Something NEEDS to change with all these "rulings" every year... How the fuck can you have very similar incidents year after year, that end with COMPLETELY different rulings for each... 3 different groups trying to enforce the rules, Race Control, Stewards, FIA...

Mclaren didn't let Trulli pass for the simple fact that they had too... They had NO idea what the ruling should be, and decided to play it safe (becauase of the BS last year) and let Trulli pass to avoid a penalty... Now they are facing DSQ? ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!!! :banghead:

rage2
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Let's just hope it's a bad April's fools joke haha.

At the end of the day, I don't care... I don't think McLaren will be fighting for the championship (I still believe BrawnGP has the pace to be 2-3s a lap faster than the next team), so a DSQ isn't gonna hurt. I'm already happy that Hamilton has proved he can do half decent in a shitty car.

Lets hope for the same at the rainy Malaysian GP this weekend!

Mibz
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
He's not facing a DQ because of the pass, he's facing it because he lied to the stewards. This all makes a LOT of sense.

Had Hamilton told the stewards that he let Trulli pass then there's a good chance that neither driver would have been penalized. Hamilton passed legally and then Trulli would have re-passed legally (as Hamilton was going too slow to not pass). Instead, reports are saying that Hamilton did not give this information to stewards, that he said he had slowed down to look at his screen and did not let Trulli pass. Based on this information, they penalized Trulli.

Now that they've seen what Hamilton and McLaren said to the media and reviewed the radio, they know that Hamilton -did- let Trulli pass but then lied to them about it.

Makes perfect sense to me. If Hamilton lied then he should be DQed and Trulli should go back to 3rd.

If this is an April Fools joke then it's the first one I've believed today.

DJ Lazy
04-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
He's not facing a DQ because of the pass, he's facing it because he lied to the stewards. This all makes a LOT of sense.

Had Hamilton told the stewards that he let Trulli pass then there's a good chance that neither driver would have been penalized. Hamilton passed legally and then Trulli would have re-passed legally (as Hamilton was going too slow to not pass). Instead, reports are saying that Hamilton did not give this information to stewards, that he said he had slowed down to look at his screen and did not let Trulli pass. Based on this information, they penalized Trulli.

Now that they've seen what Hamilton and McLaren said to the media and reviewed the radio, they know that Hamilton -did- let Trulli pass but then lied to them about it.

Makes perfect sense to me. If Hamilton lied then he should be DQed and Trulli should go back to 3rd.

If this is an April Fools joke then it's the first one I've believed today.

There should be NO question about whether Hamilton lied... The stewards have FULL access to the radio transmissions, no reason why they shouldn't have been checked during the initial inquiry.

mischief
04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
To be fair all the FIA has to do here is declare Hamilton 3rd and Trulli 4th. Legitimately this is they order in which they should have finished based on the rules. The FIA could and should have corrected the running order before letting the safety car off the track anyway.

If the FIA were to follow their rules shit like this wouldn't happen. When the make rulings which contradict their published rules is where teams/drives get confused.

Eleanor
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow, what a mess.

It sounded like it was put to bed after Toyota said they weren't going to appeal.

Guess not.

boi-alien
04-01-2009, 10:19 PM
where's the consistency in the rulings is what i'm wondering. that's why mclaren was confused.

Mibz
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
There should be NO question about whether Hamilton lied... The stewards have FULL access to the radio transmissions, no reason why they shouldn't have been checked during the initial inquiry. Well at this point it doesn't really matter. Because of how late in the race the pass happened there's nearly zero chance they would've listened to the radio before speaking to Hamilton so either they check the radio that day to tomorrow, he's gonna get caught in a lie regardless.

That said, I still hope the standings remain unchanged and F1 moves on

Team_Mclaren
04-02-2009, 04:32 AM
ANDDD its official!!

FIA never fails to fail!

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090402110240.shtml

/////AMG
04-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Just saw it on the news, what a bunch of fucking SHIT

Tarrantula
04-02-2009, 06:56 AM
That sucks.. I was exstatic when I saw that hamilton had pulled out the 3rd place.. fuckers. :banghead:

Dave P
04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
:facepalm:

/////AMG
04-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by boi-alien
where's the consistency in the rulings is what i'm wondering. that's why mclaren was confused.

lol McLaren aren't confused, they know they'll get fucked over 1 way or the other. They expect it.

irs
04-02-2009, 08:02 AM
man do they all have it out for him?
Sure will be an interesting year.
Let's see if he can pull off another win this year.
Seeing this I highly doubt it.

rage2
04-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by boi-alien
where's the consistency in the rulings is what i'm wondering.
There is consistency in the rulings. McLaren gets fucked, that's consistent! :rofl:

Trini
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by rage2

There is consistency in the rulings. McLaren gets fucked, that's consistent! :rofl:

lol so true

irs
04-02-2009, 08:45 AM
would really like to see a change to this!

lol so true! :rofl:

iceburns288
04-02-2009, 08:55 AM
see sig

rage2
04-02-2009, 10:44 AM
The McLaren consistency continues.

Reports are out there saying that the FIA wants to punish Hamilton more.

http://www.crash.net/formula+one/News/144739/1/hamilton_facing_f1_world_championship_exclusion.html

Funny, MS lied to stewards before (parking at Monaco), Alonso lied to stewards before (brake checking during free practice) and both lost in the stewards decisions with simple grid penalties. But a McLaren driver doing it? Take them down!

DJ Lazy
04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Sure sounds like a confusing conversation to me...

Transcript of the radio transmission between Lewis Hamilton and his team:

Team: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn’t matter but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner, ..., is this OK?

Team: Understood, Lewis. We’ll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: He’s slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That’s fine. That’s fine. Hold position. Hold position.

LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.

Team: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.

LH: I don’t have to let him past I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.

Team: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let’s just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4. If you hold this position. Just keep it together.

Team: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrott 2.

LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not.

Team: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

Team: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.

Team: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.

Team: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.

Mibz
04-02-2009, 10:58 AM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

rage2
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
You know all this could've been avoided if Race Control could simply DO THEIR FUCKING JOB. Seriously, I've never seen a series where drivers are letting each other by because nobody has a fucking clue how the rules are being interpreted. And McLaren was non stop with Charlie Whiting over the radio as to what to do. They were driving behind the SC for over 2 laps and they couldn't tell them what to do. Even in the shittiest of series, the race director will find out exactly who was in which position and tell the drivers. It's like they want things to be ambiguous so they can fuck with everyone after the fact. And by everyone I really mean McLaren.

buh_buh
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
F1 is the most non-transparent, inconsistent "sport" on earth. They need to give some actual power to race control to avoid stuff like this. This ruling pretty much completely undermines Whiting's on track ruling, and this definitely isn't the first time this has happened. I think the sideshow is supposed to act as much the entertainment than the actual racing, and that's the way Bernie wanted it.

rage2
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Whiting didn't make an on track ruling. McLaren was waiting for it but the race ended.

Whiting was probably busy talking to Max and Bernie to see what he should do. I mean, last time he gave advice out at Spa to McLaren, the penalty made him look like an idiot lol.

urban.one
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
OohT1HbaEF0

DJ Lazy
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
If this is the bullshit that arises out of the first race of the year, I can just imagine how stressful the next 16 races are going to be for the fans. It's pretty clear from the Mclaren Team Radio that Lewis was almost 'begging' for a ruling from Charlie.

I can deal with the stripped points for 3rd, and even a grid penalty in Sepang, if that gets handed out... But my god, to DQ him from the world championship is garbage!! :banghead:

buh_buh
04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
this won't be stressful for fans, just McLaren fans.

Dave P
04-02-2009, 12:30 PM
:nut:

hahah all this after one race.

crazyness

HHURICANE1
04-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I can deal with the stripped points for 3rd, and even a grid penalty in Sepang, if that gets handed out... But my god, to DQ him from the world championship is garbage!! :banghead:
He's not being DQ'd from the whole championship, just the race. But considering the penalties already given he was out of the points anyways so it makes no real difference.

rage2
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
He's not being DQ'd from the whole championship, just the race. But considering the penalties already given he was out of the points anyways so it makes no real difference.
See the later article I posted. It's been confirmed on several sites now. FIA is looking at penalizing Hamilton more, potentially taking him out of this year's championship.

DJ Lazy
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM

It's being considered to DQ him from the World Championship.............

http://www.crash.net/formula+one/News/144739/1/hamilton_facing_f1_world_championship_exclusion.html

EDIT: rage beat me by seconds! haha

rage2
04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
EDIT: rage beat me by seconds! haha
it was hours. Scroll up to my 10:44am post haha.

Here's another one from F1-Live.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090402145024.shtml

boi-alien
04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
here we go... this is ridiculous

irs
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
What a joke!
Do they seriously have nothing better to do?

/////AMG
04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: For FUCKS sake!!!
Seriously if he is out of this year its gonna be fucking shit!

DJ Lazy
04-02-2009, 01:39 PM

it was hours. Scroll up to my 10:44am post haha.

I just meant with correcting Hurricane.. haha I stole your link from your 10:44 post... :rofl:

HHURICANE1
04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Oops, my bad. I can't get most of that stuff at work. We are so restricted on the websites we can view. (I got special dispensation for Beyond) :D
How the fuck would that make any sense at all? At the worst it should be a DQ from the race or a grid penalty for Malaysia. Is the FIA on some sort of new hallucinatory drug? I'm not a big Mclaren fan (prefer Ferrari myself) but this would be beyond stupid.

bart
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
yesssssssssssss!

gongSHOW
04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is right but from reading online this is my interpretation of what happened.

The stewards called in Hamilton and Trulli after race. Trulli claims that Hamilton slowed down. McLaren says that Hamilton did not slow down in the meeting (NOT that they did not tell Hamilton to let Trulli to pass). Then based on the radio logs and such they believe that they were mislead by McLaren.

Whitmarsh insists that Hamilton did not slow down based on the telemetry
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5134263,00.html

This is the only way that makes sense to me how McLaren "mislead" the stewards opposed to lying to them.

Regardless the FIA is a joke, if they would have just clarified the pass during the race none of this would have happened. I understand its busy at the end of the race with the safety car for Race Control but this is for 3rd and 4th place come on what else could have been happening that was more important than this?

The Cosworth
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
rage..... what the fuck. I love this sport, but if they keep this up I dont think I can keep watching my team get fucked over.

Who do they think pays for the sport? I only know of RBS because of F1 and the riots in england. If we stop watching, sponsors pull out, you see where i am going.

Mibz
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I can't believe I, so easily, forgot why I stopped watching the races live last season... They should just DQ Hamilton and Kovi from the WDC while also DQing McLaren from the WCC so I can watch the rest of the races without bullshit.

Well, until the FIA realize that BGP could win and -they- start getting penalized.

rage2
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
I'm not sure if this is right but from reading online this is my interpretation of what happened.

The stewards called in Hamilton and Trulli after race. Trulli claims that Hamilton slowed down. McLaren says that Hamilton did not slow down in the meeting (NOT that they did not tell Hamilton to let Trulli to pass). Then based on the radio logs and such they believe that they were mislead by McLaren.

Whitmarsh insists that Hamilton did not slow down based on the telemetry
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5134263,00.html

This is the only way that makes sense to me how McLaren "mislead" the stewards opposed to lying to them.

Regardless the FIA is a joke, if they would have just clarified the pass during the race none of this would have happened. I understand its busy at the end of the race with the safety car for Race Control but this is for 3rd and 4th place come on what else could have been happening that was more important than this?
Ya, it's been kinda sketchy already as to FIA's accusation that McLaren/Hamilton "lied". The FIA is refusing to publish the transcripts from that stewards meeting and just claimed that McLaren lied in their press release, while McLaren claims they just didn't mention it. FIA just publishes selective evidence against McLaren. It's kinda like selective quoting haha.

Oh well, I'm used to it already. Nothing can be done.

I wonder with McLaren defending themselves publically (in regards to the telemetry that was shown and ignored) will result in justification for Hamilton getting DSQ'd from the championship this year. I swear FIA is worse than Revenue Canada haha.

rage2
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Well, until the FIA realize that BGP could win and -they- start getting penalized.
I think FIA *wants* BGP to win. Remember at the race I mentioned how it was weird that there was no SC until Button was out of the pits? It's like they're trying to ensure he didn't get caught behind on pitstops.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction that the diffusers are gonna be legal so BGP and Button can walk away with the championship. The cinderella story is good for press, low budget independant team walking over everyone, encouraging others to join in with budget caps next year. Ironic that the BrawnGP cars have the most $ invested in them by Honda, but that'll be one of the details left out in the stories :).

F1's biggest market is the UK. They'll still have a british champ driving a british car if they penalize the right teams. AND they don't have to give it to McLaren haha.

At the end of the day, I love F1. Ain't gonna stop me from watching all the races live.

edit - PF1 summarizes it beautifully in this article:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3261_5134551,00.html

DJ Lazy
04-02-2009, 06:34 PM

edit - PF1 summarizes it beautifully in this article:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3261_5134551,00.html

Quoted from one of the replies to that article... :rofl: Soo true!

NickUSA "The FIA is looking for a reason to be rid of McLaren and this is the latest chapter in that quest. The FIA will not look at the telemetry as they do not wish to be opposed and be shown wrong. It is their show and the teams (except a precious few) must toe the line and praise the FIA and its almighty leader. Will the FIA throw McLaren out of the championship? Will the FIA ever admit its mistakes? Will McLaren sue the FIA and the stewards for their incompetency? Stay tuned for more from the worst example of racing in the world."

Mibz
04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Good article. I'm doing my best to ignore this and just get ready for Saturday though.

mischief
04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
In the end this whole incident shows poorly on the FIA and the race stewards. How can you issue a ruling on an incident of this magnitude without looking at all of the evidence. They have no excuse in this situation as the decision was made after the end of the race. It looks very poor that they basically made an impulse decision right after the race and have take back their original ruling and issue another ruling.

And then to blame the whole thing on McLaren & Hamilton is absurd. The only reason the race stewards were mislead was because they allowed for it. They all the information (radio transmission, telemetry, etc.) to make the right decision. It was their choice not to review all of it before making their original decision.

You'd think that the FIA would run a better ship considering ithe F1 championship is so prestigious.

HHURICANE1
04-02-2009, 08:07 PM

I think FIA *wants* BGP to win. Remember at the race I mentioned how it was weird that there was no SC until Button was out of the pits? It's like they're trying to ensure he didn't get caught behind on pitstops.
So you noticed that too did you. Seemed very odd to me as well. The accident that caused the SC should have been immediate cause for the SC to come out. A car grenaded all over the track and almost sitting in the middle of the racing line on a blind corner seems like cause to get the field slowed down and behind the SC if you ask me.
As to the diffusers, I think all the rest of the teams will have them asap. Ferrari amongst others have already announced they are working as fast as they can on their own even though they haven't been told for sure they are legal. How they can be "legal" after the FIA told a couple of teams in the fall they would not be allowed and then suddenly they are OK is beyond me. I don't like NASCAR but at least the teams have a very clear understanding of what is allowed and what isn't before they show up at the track. (Doesn't stop some of the teams from getting creative but NASCAR usually puts the boots to that very quickly.)

rage2
04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Ya, I think everyone at my house noticed, but didn't think twice about it.

As for the diffusers, it's not a matter of slapping on a double decker diffuser. You have to have the front wings, sidepods, everything in front of the diffuser modified to properly feed air to the diffuser to benefit from it.

Ferrari is budgeting 20m euros on the project. It's going to be pretty much a new car, F60b.

McLaren says they'll have a huge aero update for China (race #3), which means they've been working on the DD diffuser for a while now, probably after seeing it on the other cars during testing. Their current diffuser looks like there's a blanking plate and removable parts to fit the DD diffuser.

The Cosworth
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
hmmm maybe the cars will be less ugly too.

also if they let brawn win, they cant be accused of being in bed with Ferrari.

HHURICANE1
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I would imagine that most of those who don't have the DD diffusers will have them pretty quick. They can't afford not too.

urban.one
04-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Dave Ryan's firing was mentioned in the other thread. I thought Id post the article in here.
McLaren needs to know theyre under scrutiny and need to hold themselves up to a higher standard than other teams.

Edit: What does this incident say about Hamilton? Ultimate team player willing to do anything the team asks of him? Or willing to do anything to win? Or weak and lacking backbone to standup to his bosses and do the ethical thing?
Would you argue Hamilton had no choice but to follow orders? Remember, it wasnt Ron Dennis telling him to lie.

Hamilton says Dave Ryan told him to lie
Damage limitation for Hamilton and McLaren Mercedes
03/04/09 14:50

All for one championship point...

World champion Lewis Hamilton on Friday apologised for lying to FIA stewards in Australia, but said he was instructed to by suspended team veteran Dave Ryan.

Ryan, who joined McLaren as a mechanic in the 1970s and was sent back to the hotel by team boss Martin Whitmarsh on Friday, ‘misled’ Hamilton, the 24-year-old British driver said.

"I was instructed and misled by my team manager to withhold information, and that is what I did," said Hamilton, referring to Sporting Director Ryan.

Hamilton said he wanted to tell the truth but has always followed the instructions of his bosses.

"I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans, who I showed who I am for the past three years, and it is who I am. I am not a liar. I am not a dishonest person.”

"Every time I have been informed to do something I have done it. This time I realise it was a huge mistake. I am here to apologise to everyone and I assure you it won't happen again," he told masses of international media in a specially-convened media centre press conference.

Hamilton said he felt ‘awkward’ and ‘uncomfortable’ about lying, and now the repercussions are the ‘worst thing’ he has experienced in his racing career.

"I've never felt so bad. Try and put yourself in my position and understand that, like I said, I am not a liar. And so for people to say I am dishonest and for the world to think that, what can I say?" he added.

He said he apologised ‘for the situation’ to Jarno Trulli before Thursday's stewards hearing, denying the saga was a cheap trick to gain a position through seeing the Italian unfairly penalised.

"That was not my aim. That is not something I do. I earn my points and my positions through hard work, and that is not the way I think," Hamilton insisted.

Mibz
04-03-2009, 12:45 PM
As I posted in the other thread, Ryan hasn't been fired, just suspended.

And I think this shows that Hamilton is an employee, just like any other, that knows to stick with the team. If he went against Ryan with the stewards, even if he was in the right, it would show a pretty blatant lack of discipline and professionalism and I think he'd have a hard time finding a team that would trust him.

This is a shady sport, you can't have drivers who do the right thing.

Genjuro
04-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Dave Ryan's firing was mentioned in the other thread. I thought Id post the article in here.
McLaren needs to know theyre under scrutiny and need to hold themselves up to a higher standard than other teams.

Edit: What does this incident say about Hamilton? Ultimate team player willing to do anything the team asks of him? Or willing to do anything to win? Or weak and lacking backbone to standup to his bosses and do the ethical thing?
Would you argue Hamilton had no choice but to follow orders? Remember, it wasnt Ron Dennis telling him to lie.

This is so brutal. Hamilton just did what he was told by the people who put him where he is today. As Shady as it is, A lot people would have done the same if their boss asked them to in that short time.

IMO the sport has fallen apart since the cheating incident.. I stopped watching it as much since then

iceburns288
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
You thought YOUR week was bad?

Hammi got himself a 1200Eu fine for speeding in the pit lane in practice this morning.

Shitty...

urban.one
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Race bans possible for McLaren
Ecclestone explains potential penalties
08/04/09 17:26

Hamilton and the team caught red handed trying to further their own cause

It is possible McLaren will be banned from a number of races should the World Motor Sport Council take a dim view of the 'lie-gate' scandal at the April 29th meeting.

Bernie Ecclestone told the Express newspaper that the serious charge of lying to stewards and bringing the sport into disrepute is worsened by McLaren's recent trouble over espionage.

"It is never good for anyone if you are back in court quickly for something similar," the F1 Chief Executive said.

The FIA body has essentially unlimited powers: from race bans, total exclusion from the championship, to draconian financial penalties, like the $100m fine levied against McLaren in 2007 for spying.

Ecclestone admitted that McLaren figures lying to the stewards to have Jarno Trulli penalised amounted to 'fraud'.

"There are many options open if the charge sticks and it would be a terrible thing if any team were banned from races. But it could happen," he said.

In 2005, BAR Honda was banned for two races for fielding a trick fuel tank.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Tarrantula
04-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Thats bullshit.

rage2
04-09-2009, 10:35 AM
What a wicked ass witchhunt haha.

benyl
04-09-2009, 10:39 AM
:drama:

Trini
04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
FIA:thumbsdow

gongSHOW
04-10-2009, 02:31 AM
What do you guys think about this?
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5165316,00.html

I am a huge hamilton fan but if I were to leave McLaren I think that could kill his career. All teams make mistakes, I realize this may have been a large one but what teams are honestly better (look at the rivials Ferrari this year from team errors). Despite the poor showing of the MP4-24 thus far I thinks its only a matter of time until they get up to pace with the field... Hopefully the aero updates for China make some dramatic improvements....

rage2
04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Hamilton is frustrated, but it's his dad that's been vocal about moving him off McLaren. It wouldn't kill his career, he would drive well with any team. Look at how well he's done (well if he wasn't DSQ'd) in a shitty car. He's got the skills to be successful anywhere. If he went to Ferrari, he would probably lead a era of dominination much like MS (well, if Ferrari can get their shit together haha).

This is exactly what MM and BE wants. They're trying to destroy McLaren, and they're doing an awesome job of it. Spying, lying, pushing the envelope... that's all been part of F1 for many years. It's just only McLaren gets punished for it.

gongSHOW
04-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Hamilton is frustrated, but it's his dad that's been vocal about moving him off McLaren. It wouldn't kill his career, he would drive well with any team. Look at how well he's done (well if he wasn't DSQ'd) in a shitty car. He's got the skills to be successful anywhere. If he went to Ferrari, he would probably lead a era of dominination much like MS (well, if Ferrari can get their shit together haha).

This is exactly what MM and BE wants. They're trying to destroy McLaren, and they're doing an awesome job of it. Spying, lying, pushing the envelope... that's all been part of F1 for many years. It's just only McLaren gets punished for it.
Ya maybe I used to strong of a word. I just think its naive of Anthony (maybe Lewis as well) to think they will find a better team than McLaren. I guess maybe its the heat of the moment as well why there is so many stories about and a little time will let them cool down. There's no doubt he is an incredibly skilled driver and thus far this year he definetly shut up the haters that said he was only good because he was placed in an incredible car since he started F1.

I guess the only advantage for him to going to a team like Ferrari is he wouldn't get screwed over nearly as much.

Anyways Go McLaren!

-Jay21-
04-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Trini
FIA:thumbsdow

FIA = Ferrari International Assistance.

DJ Lazy
04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by -Jay21-

FIA = Ferrari International Assistance.

no no... FIA = F*cking Incompetent Assholes. :rofl:

urban.one
04-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Suspended three-race ban for McLaren
Wednesday 29th April 2009

McLaren have been handed a suspended three-race ban as the 'lie-gate' saga reached its conclusion on Wednesday.

The team's pro-active approach in the run up to the extraordinary hearing of the World Motor Sport Council in Paris played its part in softening the blow as McLaren could have been more heavily penalised.

However, the WMSC appear to have taken into account a number of mitigating circumstances after McLaren pleaded guilty on all five counts of breaching the International Sporting Code.

A statement from the FIA read: "Having regard to the open and honest way in which McLaren team principal, Martin Whitmarsh, addressed the WMSC and the change in culture which he made clear has taken place in his organisation, the WMSC decided to suspend the application of the penalty it deems appropriate.

"That penalty is a suspension of the team from three races of the FIA Formula One World Championship. This will only be applied if further facts emerge regarding the case or if, in the next 12 months, there is a further breach by the team of article 151c of the International Sporting Code."

Speaking after the hearing, FIA President Mosley insisted the WMSC's decision was "entirely fair".

He added: "They (McLaren) have demonstrated there is a complete culture change, that it's all different to what it was.

"In those circumstances it looks better to put the whole thing behind us, so unless there is something similar in the future, that is the end of the matter."

During the meeting, Whitmarsh again took the opportunity to offer his team's sincere apologies for the mistakes made in Australia and Malaysia.

Following the hearing described by McLaren as "very fair", a happy Whitmarsh said: "I would like to thank the FIA World Motor Sport Council members for affording me the opportunity to answer their questions this morning.

"We are aware we made serious mistakes in Australia and Malaysia, and I was therefore very glad to be able to apologise for those mistakes once again.

"I was also pleased to be able to assure the FIA World Motor Sport Council members that we had taken appropriate action with a view to ensuring that such mistakes do not occur again."

It means McLaren can now focus on going racing, and pushing ahead with their bid to help Hamilton regain his world title.

A McLaren statement added: "We now look forward with enthusiasm to continuing our efforts to develop a closer and more co-operative relationship between ourselves and the FIA.

"We will also continue to focus our efforts on closing the performance gap that exists between our car and the fastest cars.

"Following Lewis' encouraging fourth place in Bahrain on Sunday, we are now optimistic we will be able to play an increasingly competitive part in what is fast developing into a very exciting season of Formula One motor racing."

Mibz
04-29-2009, 09:35 AM
:clap:

ryanallan
04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
go red :burnout: