PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems

szw
10-18-2003, 07:20 PM
1) How should my internet settings look so that loaded pictures are saved so they do'nt have to re-load if I go back to that page?

For example a bunch of pictures load up, i click a link, i go back, all the pictures will have to reload again. Its a pain because I am on dial-up.

2) My computer won't shut down anymore. I go to shutdown and I have the option to restart/turn off/suspend. suspend works fine, but shutdown and restart don't. It goes to a blue screen saying "preparing to restart/shutdown" for a few seconds, then snaps back and back to my desktop or whatever program i am on. No error messages.

Thanks, i'm using XP.

Khyron
10-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Hrm - just make sure your temp internet files is set big. I use about 400 megs (so I can save streaming quicktime vids etc if I feel the urge). Tools->Internet Options -> Settings. (lol just checked, mine is 1.7 gigs. )

A web page designer can also dictate whether browsers should cache images or not - does beyond cache for you?

Khyron

link785
10-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by szw
2) My computer won't shut down anymore. I go to shutdown and I have the option to restart/turn off/suspend. suspend works fine, but shutdown and restart don't. It goes to a blue screen saying "preparing to restart/shutdown" for a few seconds, then snaps back and back to my desktop or whatever program i am on. No error messages.

CTRL-ALT-DEL, click on the "processes" tab, and close anything you see that might have been a program you were running. They will all be listed as the "Administrator" user name. Adobe Acrobat reader is a common one that prevents shut down of my own PC.