PDA

View Full Version : ricer

3G
10-18-2003, 07:57 PM
anybody seen this riced-out purple 4 door Honda Civic. I ran into him at the car-wash in Monterey and decided to ask him a question. haha he slapped on a Type-R sticker and he really believes it's one, guys i tryed soo hard not to laugh while i was talking to the guy

:rofl: :rofl:

link785
10-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Did you ask if he knew what a Type R even was ?

3G
10-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by link785
Did you ask if he knew what a Type R even was ?

yeah he said "a 4cylinder" and he pointed to his car

AccordTypeR
10-18-2003, 08:23 PM
sounds like this guy at my work who said his moms 2004 cavaleir goes 270 km/h.... is it just me or is that soemthign around 160 mph... last i heard some ferraris top speed is somehtign around there(456gt) i cant stand retards like that

sxtasy
10-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
sounds like this guy at my work who said his moms 2004 cavaleir goes 270 km/h.... is it just me or is that soemthign around 160 mph... last i heard some ferraris top speed is somehtign around there(456gt) i cant stand retards like that You should say "My moms Cavalier did 280 once. The aluminum wing sure did come in handy"

04blackMAX
10-18-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
sounds like this guy at my work who said his moms 2004 cavaleir goes 270 km/h.... is it just me or is that soemthign around 160 mph... last i heard some ferraris top speed is somehtign around there(456gt) i cant stand retards like that

no man ferrari's are toppin out over 200mph now....think the koenseigg (spelling) is hitting like 212mph

dcoultis
10-18-2003, 09:49 PM
you know why he probably said it tops out at 270, its probably cause the gauge cluster goes to 270, and he thinks that if it goes that high must be that fast:dunno:

AquamosH
10-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

yeah he said "a 4cylinder" and he pointed to his car

:rofl: Haha, it's one thing to respect what people do to their cars, but that all goes out the window when they just start talking :bullshit:.

CRX-R
10-18-2003, 11:33 PM
anybody seen this riced-out purple 4 door Honda Civic. I ran into him at the car-wash in Monterey and decided to ask him a question. haha he slapped on a Type-R sticker and he really believes it's one, guys i tryed soo hard not to laugh while i was talking to the guy

:rofl: :rofl:

Did you notice Manitoba plates? This guy with a Purple Civic just moved in near me in Whitehorn

xkon
10-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
You should say "My moms Cavalier did 280 once. The aluminum wing sure did come in handy"

i had my cavalier up to 260... i had to stop though, didnt have the wing installed yet!

3G
10-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by CRX-R

Did you notice Manitoba plates? This guy with a Purple Civic just moved in near me in Whitehorn

nope he had an Alberta License plate which said "Fijian", i've seen him around for a while but this is the first time i've talked to him

GQNammer
10-19-2003, 12:31 PM
I drive an 88 crx with the GTR stick on it :rofl:

3G
10-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

but you don't actually believe that it's a GTR..now do u?

DUBBED
10-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

big mistake

ryder_23
10-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Dont cavalier govern at 173km/h anyways????

Seanith
10-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Dont cavalier govern at 173km/h anyways????

The type R model doesn't have a governor yo. :)

Ajay
10-19-2003, 02:35 PM
My mom used to have a 2000 Cavalier sedan, now it's my sister's but the speedo on that also said 240 KM/H. Not once did ANYONE in my family beleive this car was capable of going 240 KM/H cause;

1) It's a Cavalier
2) It's a four door Cavalier econo box

I tried to find the top speed on it and it cuts out a little over 160. A definite far cry from 240.

Kaos
10-19-2003, 06:34 PM

nope he had an Alberta License plate which said "Fijian", i've seen him around for a while but this is the first time i've talked to him

HAHAHAHA
did it have alot of stickers? LIKE ALOT. and altezza's? Newer model right?

that guy guy lives in applehood. I was gonna take a walk and take a pic of it, but thats mean.

3G
10-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

HAHAHAHA
did it have alot of stickers? LIKE ALOT. and altezza's? Newer model right?

that guy guy lives in applehood. I was gonna take a walk and take a pic of it, but thats mean.

i don't remember the stickers, but yah it's like a 2001 Model and has altezza's..a guy driving a purple car, this is gayer than the Latino Heat Civic :barf: :barf:

EK 2.0
10-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Oh man...LATINO HEAT...I miss that ride...

girlRACER
10-19-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
You should say "My moms Cavalier did 280 once. The aluminum wing sure did come in handy"

hehe...I wonder what people do or say when you BS on top of their BS :dunno: :rofl:

Ben
10-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
My mom used to have a 2000 Cavalier sedan, now it's my sister's but the speedo on that also said 240 KM/H. Not once did ANYONE in my family beleive this car was capable of going 240 KM/H cause;

1) It's a Cavalier
2) It's a four door Cavalier econo box

I tried to find the top speed on it and it cuts out a little over 160. A definite far cry from 240.

Funny how that works hey? I remember a friend of mines NEON said it went up to 260 on the speedo, but it crapped out just aftr 165.

my car however doesn't have enough on it. it goes an inch past 200

Mr.Touchdown
10-21-2003, 08:30 AM
can someone inform me why we call them ricers ? what is the etomoligy behind this concept.

ByDefault
10-21-2003, 06:37 PM
I think it had somthin to do with the 'trend' that young honda owners had of extreme exterior mods on their cars w/o mods to the engine. All bark, no bite if you know what i mean. Really flashy cars of all makes that are either a) vary ugly or gaudy or b) extremely limited in performance, are now usually labeled 'rice'.

rio_rex
10-21-2003, 08:24 PM
A few weeks ago some guy in my class was trying to convince me that his 2003 accord had a "mega upgrade". I was like, "ok what"
So the guy starts saying, "Well i'm not sure if you heard of it before, but its called pgmfi (i knew were this was going). Before i could say anything he starts going. "Oh man nobody has it out there, but i got it from the dealership and it adds at LEAST 50hp". I'm like...uhh, you mean fuel injection, this guys gotta be kidding...
He's like oh no its "special" i can feel it kicking in at 3000 rmp, its hella fast!! So after trying to convince him that pretty much any newer car on the road has electronic fuel injection, duh!...i feel like i'm just wasting my breath with this guy. BUT he has to end off by bragging about how he got honda to get him a engine block (not a gasket) thats made out of solid copper because it has "better cooling, so it makes him go faster". So i just smile and say, "hmm, wow, thats one special engine you got there". And of course he ends off with the classic ricer phrase and says" Yea man its pimp! We gotsta race sometime!":banghead: :banghead: Sigh........... some ricers these days:banghead:

Ebbsvette
10-21-2003, 10:38 PM
the term "ricer" started out as a termonology for sport bikes. Being they are made in japan/china/asia/middle east area where rice is a huge crop. So people said they were rice burners. From there it spawned to their cars. Not all asian imported cars are considered rice tho, the term has grown like wildfire and people use it way to much now. It started with people that have huge exhausts, huge wings (on fwd cars), and huge body kits...these people try to support their purchasing of these products by stating it has performance potential, where any real car tuners (name for people who actually know about cars) know that is a crap excuse.......

but now everything i hear people consider rice so....i dunno:dunno:

TegLover
10-21-2003, 10:44 PM
ok ok everyone has got the word "riced" all fucked over...wings, exhaust, and even body kits benifit the car...you need a wing for downforce, exhaust system for higher flow, kits for show...now RICED is type R badge on an lx civic get it?

Ebbsvette
10-21-2003, 10:59 PM
down force? cmon man.....to get enough down force to actually matter u need to be goin like 100mph....man....even more.....most cars with these mods dont even do that......and huge exhaust tips dont do a damn thing cept make a ridiculously loud noise.....body kits...hmmm...lets see.....yea, u can get down force with body kits, sure......:dunno: do u really notice that much of a deal? enough to spend 1grand or more on? yea i know they look good....but for a performance factor $1000 bucks can go a long long way, instead of a bodykit that doesnt do enough to warrant such a purpose.......if u want a body kit, say its for looks, not added downforce.....if u want a wing, looks again.....and if u want a huge exhaust tip, well.....thats your own problem

Mr.Touchdown
10-22-2003, 08:04 AM
haha good suff guys thanks, so its like a car sterotype.

403Gemini
10-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Oh man...LATINO HEAT...I miss that ride...

HAHA oh man i miss that, anybody got pictures of it?

AquamosH
10-22-2003, 10:04 AM
I can get pics, I'm just afraid I'll get beat down for it, lol.

nismodrifter
10-22-2003, 10:18 AM
post pics of latino heat...I have not seen this car yet

thich
10-22-2003, 03:29 PM
carS (plural)
they have more then one... last i saw anyhoos lol

EK 2.0
10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
More than ONE Latino Heat??...You MUST be joking...Man oh man that's so classic...

three.eighteen.
10-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by TegLover
ok ok everyone has got the word "riced" all fucked over...wings, exhaust, and even body kits benifit the car...you need a wing for downforce, exhaust system for higher flow, kits for show...now RICED is type R badge on an lx civic get it?

i would doubt most body kits we can buy actually do anything in terms of downforce and aerodynamics...real downforce is created by carbon fibre splitters, canards and spoilers :rolleyes:

AquamosH
10-23-2003, 12:18 AM
You should have given him one of these:

three.eighteen.
10-23-2003, 12:49 AM
laughing at rice is fun and all, but those rice tickets are retarded i remember some tool at my old job, laughing about how he and his cool car buddies wrote rice tix for ppl, then i go outside and his beat ass champagne mx6 w/ maroon interior has yellow shifknob and pedals, and mazdaspeed shoulder pads...rice is sometimes just poor attitude and having something (from nothing) to prove...all in all, even seeing rice is played out, theres a bajillion anti-rice pic sites on the net, once youve seen rice once, youve seen it all...

just leave the ricers alone, its not cool to just to put ppl's sense of taste/pride down...however if they rev, car fight or start opening their mouths about the 50whp gain from their ractive tip...give em hell

buh_buh
10-23-2003, 01:05 AM
a guy driving a purple car, this is gayer than the Latino Heat Civic :barf: :barf: :banghead: my car's purple:nut:

3G
10-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
:banghead: my car's purple:nut:

but it's not riced-out ;)

Mr.Touchdown
10-23-2003, 08:29 AM
i thought your car was blue??

403Gemini
10-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by AquamosH
I can get pics, I'm just afraid I'll get beat down for it, lol.

lol dont worry you wont ;) just do a "drive by" and take like 3 pics lol and get outta there haha put duct tape on your liscence plate if you dont want em to find you and take it off like a block away heheh

Skyline_Addict
10-26-2003, 02:29 AM
I drive a super-duper 7.77 honda civic type-r type-z type-s.
get it straight biatch.

stryder
06-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

Actually you got it a bit wrong. The wing would only create downforce if you were going at about 120+ and sometimes not even, just look at the cars in NASCAR no wing, but they are on a slanted track so that wouldn't matter. But like F1 racecars, they are always going at 130+ speeds, even at corners and thats when the wing comes into play. They just don't use huge shopping car wings. But I think he was talking about FWD cars having a wing, and with that, it won't help. And with most civics, I'm talking about barebone stock or a intake system to add those extra 3hp, a bigger exhaust system wouldn't do much, but most idiots only change the tip to give it that sound. The only reason people change the whole exhaust system is if they have turbo and more fumes need to go out so a 3' pipe would do the job. And body kits do not benefit any cars, whoever told you that is an idiot. It is a shame that people spend thousands of dollars on bodykits to make sure there is proper downforce before they would spend it on the actual mods in the engine compartment. And the last thing you said is completely true.

BumpinTalon
06-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by stryder

Actually you got it a bit wrong. The wing would only create downforce if you were going at about 120+ and sometimes not even, just look at the cars in NASCAR no wing, but they are on a slanted track so that wouldn't matter. But like F1 racecars, they are always going at 130+ speeds, even at corners and thats when the wing comes into play. They just don't use huge shopping car wings. But I think he was talking about FWD cars having a wing, and with that, it won't help. And with most civics, I'm talking about barebone stock or a intake system to add those extra 3hp, a bigger exhaust system wouldn't do much, but most idiots only change the tip to give it that sound. The only reason people change the whole exhaust system is if they have turbo and more fumes need to go out so a 3' pipe would do the job. And body kits do not benefit any cars, whoever told you that is an idiot. It is a shame that people spend thousands of dollars on bodykits to make sure there is proper downforce before they would spend it on the actual mods in the engine compartment. And the last thing you said is completely true.

wow! even more misinformation is making the rounds!! jesus christ you don't know what you're talking about either so shut up
3" pipe .. not just for turbo motors. An all-motor or nitrous setup will make more exhaust gases too, and the whole point of a 3" pipe is not to let out more fumes (so what, if your exhaust is too small all the fumes that don't get out just stay there?) but to decrease back pressure and therefore increase horsepower
body kits build downforce (expensive ones do, not ricer ones). Why else would Top Secret, Amuse, Veilside, Signal, etc kit their cars?
wings build downforce, but only at high speeds and only if they are properly designed and mounted.
NASCARs have wings. Really small ones that are mounted at sharp angles. They also have what could technically qualify as a body kit. Slanted track doesn't make downforce necessary? wtf! It helps but doesn't replace downforce at all. Just transfers the load to different tires. You say NASCARs don't have wings but then like the next sentence you say they do.
FWD cars may eventually need a wing. Go fast enough and natural body lift will make your car pretty skittish. Your front end has a lot of weight on it, so it won't float like your back end will, so put on a good wing or underbody diffuser and you will keep your ass glued to the track. It won't take the weight off the front end, either, since downforce is basically free weight that comes from the air, which creates a downwards force on the rear wing, which is basically equivalent to adding more weight to your car, not moving around what is already there
Most people don't spend thousands of dollars on body kits to get downforce, they spend thousands because they think it makes their car look better even though a lot of them are uglier, increase drag, or decrease downforce.

If you don't know what you're talking about don't say anything. You sound like that guy talking about the Skyline motor which is 12 liters or 24...

ZorroAMG
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Ahhhh...Zombies!!! Waking the thread!!!!!

blueripper6
06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
People buy 'rice' kits, and wings for a reason, cause they think it looks good. And if you cant get over that then:guns:

Although, Big metal wings etc are not my taste, smaller 'bmw'ish wings look nice, without the rice:thumbsup:

habsfan
06-22-2004, 07:18 PM
wtf is with noobs reviving old threads lately?? :dunno:

BumpinTalon
06-22-2004, 08:10 PM
I didn't notice it was from 2003 :D not my fault. I didn't bump it, either.

403Gemini
06-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
wtf is with noobs reviving old threads lately?? :dunno:

notice that too hey...

WGR4Pussies
06-23-2004, 01:48 AM
noob have been bumping old threads since forums existed, morons.

biggie_82
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Touchdown
can someone inform me why we call them ricers ? what is the etomoligy behind this concept.

The answer to your question: RICE = Racing Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Hope that helps!:D