PDA

View Full Version : Question about GM Canada's "Canadian Pricing Advantage"

abner
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm currently living in Australia, but am looking at a move back to Canada. When I left, the new rules making it easier to import US cars weren't yet in effect. I'm looking at what would be attractive to buy if the move happens.

Sorry if this should be really obvious, but how does the "Canadian Pricing Advantage" campaign work? Is it a manufacturer's discount to MSRP, or is it already built into Canadian MSRP?

One of the cars I'm interested in, given its Australian roots, is the Pontiac G8 GT. Nice car in Holden form, but not a bargain in Canada unless the discount comes off the $41,985 MSRP (and the dealer provides discounts beyond that!).

Tik-Tok
04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
"CA Price Advantage" is not in the MSRP, but is only discounted if you are not leasing/financing (through GMAC).

In other words, it's a cash deal discount.

abner
04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
"CA Price Advantage" is not in the MSRP, but is only discounted if you are not leasing/financing (through GMAC).

In other words, it's a cash deal discount.

Thank you.

Do you happen to know what Canadian banks are charging (APR %) for car loans these days?

HHURICANE1
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Just saw an ad for the G8 today and it was advertised at around $28k for a cash deal.

Tik-Tok
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by abner

Thank you.

Do you happen to know what Canadian banks are charging (APR %) for car loans these days?

Around 8% I believe. Better off with a LOC, if you can avoid spending it on anything else.