PDA

View Full Version : Subaru STi goes down!!!

Pages : [1] 2

dsm69
10-19-2003, 02:20 AM
subaru wrx STi vs talon awd.

won by 1 1/2cars not once, not twice, three times:thumbsup:

:D :poosie:

rice_eater
10-19-2003, 03:59 AM
stock for stock? also you should edit your story and say that it was in a empty parkinglot in an empty field or somethign or you're gonna get flamed for racing, and honestly you should!

pinoyhero
10-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
stock for stock? also you should edit your story and say that it was in a empty parkinglot in an empty field or somethign or you're gonna get flamed for racing, and honestly you should!

"stock for stock?" me no think so.

EK 2.0
10-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Was there...and I saw it go down...

LancerShelby
10-19-2003, 10:05 AM
stock for stock? also you should edit your story and say that it was in a empty parkinglot in an empty field or somethign or you're gonna get flamed for racing, and honestly you should! Who fuckin' cares. Stop being like everyone else who says this.

Tuner1
10-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by dsm69
subaru wrx STi vs talon awd.
won by 1 1/2cars not once, not twice, three times:thumbsup:

What mods does your Talon have? Those STis aren't slow!

syeve
10-19-2003, 10:36 AM
no talon is gonna beat an STi unless heavily modified,and I mean heavily.
I have another story,I saw a 93 prelude beat a 2002 porche turbo at a REAL strip,not a parking lot....WHO CARES :D

Shaolin
10-19-2003, 10:48 AM
dam, any pics and vids? :D

dsm69
10-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by syeve
no talon is gonna beat an STi unless heavily modified,and I mean heavily.
I have another story,I saw a 93 prelude beat a 2002 porche turbo at a REAL strip,not a parking lot....WHO CARES :D

The talon is not to modified(intake,exhaust,) roasted his ass with the stock turbo @ 13psi:D

I think someone has a vid around somewhere?

4wheeldrift
10-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Who cares? Street racing proves absolutely nothing.

Team_Mclaren
10-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Who cares? Street racing proves absolutely nothing.
:werd:
u never know if he's really trying and shit

ryder_23
10-19-2003, 11:40 AM
he could just bought the car, and it wasnt even broken in. Dont think a talon with what you have listed would beat an sti...but who knows

rice_eater
10-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
Who fuckin' cares. Stop being like everyone else who says this.

well maybe because there is such a big power difference between the two :dunno:

syeve
10-19-2003, 12:07 PM

The talon is not to modified(intake,exhaust,) roasted his ass with the stock turbo @ 13psi:D

I think someone has a vid around somewhere?

wow, if thats true, then yes, that is impressive :thumbsup:

hjr
10-19-2003, 12:08 PM
well, take your car to race city, run a low 13 or high 12 then i will belive you. cause thats were an sti sits. Talons with exhaust dont usually fit there.

dsm69
10-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by hjr
well, take your car to race city, run a low 13 or high 12 then i will belive you. cause thats were an sti sits. Talons with exhaust dont usually fit there.

Been their done that:rolleyes: I dont think a sti sits at low 13 or high 12 @3500ft:nut:

dont beilve me ask the 50 people who saw with their own eyes;)

Team_Mclaren
10-19-2003, 12:15 PM

Been their done that:rolleyes: I dont think a sti sits at low 13 or high 12 @3500ft:nut:

low13 / high 12 for a almost stock talon??????:rolleyes: its kinda hard to believe
do u have a slip to prove that?

dsm69
10-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

low13 / high 12 for a almost stock talon??????:rolleyes: its kinda hard to believe
do u have a slip to prove that?

Ran a mid 13 at the begining of the season, but i dont have to prove shit. If you dont want to believe DON'T

googe
10-19-2003, 12:28 PM
This isnt at those organized street races is it? Cause I have been told by a few people that the STi that shows up to those is scared to launch hard does a horrible launch in hopes of catching up, but never does :) The STi will do 0-60 about 2 full seconds faster than a stock talon, so it shouldnt be hard to tell.

Just curious.

Last time we were at Bud Park, someone was running the STi and got a 12.9, with only an intake and exhaust, stock psi. I was pretty impressed with that.

Stock for stock though, the STi would dish out quite a spanking, no question there. Stock TSIs will do high 14s at sea level.

dsm69
10-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by googe
This isnt at those organized street races is it? Cause I have been told by a few people that the STi that shows up to those is scared to launch hard does a horrible launch in hopes of catching up, but never does :) The STi will do 0-60 about 2 full seconds faster than a stock talon, so it shouldnt be hard to tell.

Just curious.

Last time we were at Bud Park, someone was running the STi and got a 12.9, with only an intake and exhaust, stock psi. I was pretty impressed with that. Have you done any 1/4 mile runs?

Stock for stock though, the STi would dish out quite a spanking, no question there.

I saw that silver sti run a 12 i was very impressed!

The STi I raced took off before i did and was a fender a head for the first 20ft, i was told i spun all 4's and once i hit second i jummped a car and half. He launched hard, tried 3 times, fuck was he mad he lost!

The TSI isnt stock id say mildly moddied.

ryder_23
10-19-2003, 12:40 PM

dont beilve me ask the 50 people who saw with their own eyes;)

So i take it you were at the street races????

rice_eater
10-19-2003, 12:43 PM
so you are the king of the organized street racing crowd! WOOHOO!!! Good job buddy :thumbsup:

edit-just wondering though, what the stock boost setting is on a first gen talon

dsm69
10-19-2003, 12:51 PM
so you are the king of the organized street racing crowd! WOOHOO!!! Good job buddy :thumbsup:

edit-just wondering though, what the stock boost setting is on a first gen talon

I dont usually race on the street but i had to make an exception for a STi:D He was talking smack all night.

stock is 9-10psi with bcs removed 12-13psi. i didint have my boost controller on but w/ my fmic it spikes to 15psi on a cold night anything higher and i hit fuel cut bad.

RSeXy
10-19-2003, 01:26 PM
blah blah blah!

PsI
10-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Man the STI i don't even think was trying, cuz when he raced the stealth, he fuckin jumped off the line like a mother fucker.. then when he raced the talon... 3 times.. he didn't even come close to jumping off the line like he did befor. Maybe if the STI had someone who knew how to drive in it, then it would have definitally been a different story.

EK 2.0
10-19-2003, 01:39 PM
The Sti tried and tried and tried...I mean he was driving hard, and just as hard as when he was with the Stealth...So...IMO the Talon won fair and square...

googe
10-19-2003, 01:55 PM
The *driver* won fair and square :D

Good job though. Its always good when you shut down the big shit talkers that on paper, should have no problem winning :thumbsup:

illeagle
10-19-2003, 02:09 PM
yah A guy at my work spanked a STI. he drives a 1990 Eagle talon TSi AWD, he's got K&N, exhaust and a super 16 turbo.

sxtasy
10-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
blah blah blah! :werd:

That.Guy.S30
10-19-2003, 04:18 PM
haah man you guys wait till you get an sti driver who knows how to launch hard.. and who is slightly moded.. then well see who talks smack.. haahahah take it to the track the sti will run low 13's and high 12's ive seen it done.. and that is stock..

PsI
10-19-2003, 04:28 PM
The STI is just a waayy better car too..

/////AMG
10-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
blah blah blah!

:werd: I second that.

itsnotaDUB
10-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944

:werd: I second that.

as do i

Isonex
10-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Personally I think for 55G's I would buy a way better car! I mean fuck....and 8 thousand dollar car lays the smack down on it...I mean with the rest fo the mosy you spent on that STI put it into a DSM and then BAM 9's.....Oh well just some info id share...

PS- STI stands for Spanked By Talon's Internationally....

Superesc
10-19-2003, 05:28 PM
hmmm if I buy a STI I won't care too much about drag racing... the road course is where I would really enjoy this car.

hjr
10-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Isonex
Personally I think for 55G's I would buy a way better car! I mean fuck....and 8 thousand dollar car lays the smack down on it...I mean with the rest fo the mosy you spent on that STI put it into a DSM and then BAM 9's.....Oh well just some info id share...

PS- STI stands for Spanked By Talon's Internationally.... by that logic, why the hell would you spend 8 grand, when you could spank almost everyone in an Turbo Omni for maybe 1/4 price. The reason its a better car is because its a better car. There is more to a vehicle than how fast it goes in a strait line. But i do see where you coming from. Defending the DSM. Fair enough. I still think your wrong though.

Team_Mclaren
10-19-2003, 05:54 PM
straight line doesnt mean EVERTHING!!!!!

googe
10-19-2003, 06:00 PM

If your STi costs 55k, you got ripped off.

That argument is old and beaten to death anyway. Yeah, you can buy an old used car for cheap and throw bolt-ons on it with the extra money. Its like that with any car. Instead of buying a viper, you could buy a used civic for like a dollar, put the amount of money a viper costs into it, and then beat it in a street race. :rolleyes:

The STi was in no way engineered to be a straight-line car, it just happens to haul ass well enough to make it a very good contender. 0-60 on the STi is between 4.6 and 4.8, pretty impressive? Well, 3rd gear will only get you to 57mph by redline. That means those impressive times are botched by a last-second shift, so surely theyd be better. 1/4 mile time on it stock is low 13s, thats also pretty good. Well, 4th gear will take you very close to the end of the strip, but not far enough to get by without having to shift to 5th. So that time too, would be even better. Come up with any kind of terrain you could dream of, pit the two together, the STi is going to, as you would say, "Spank Talons Internationally", no question. Dont get me wrong, Talons are awesome and I have always liked them, but please pull your head out of your ass :)

Thats what I like most about the car, its an everything car.

l/l/rX
10-19-2003, 06:24 PM
lol, who ever the driver of the STi was must've sucked ass. no way a STi would've loose to a stock talon. but anyways why do i care its only street racing. get some times in, and a better driver for the STi. then we'll see what you talon boys got to say.

RSRT-4
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by PsI
Man the STI i don't even think was trying, cuz when he raced the stealth, he fuckin jumped off the line like a mother fucker.. then when he raced the talon... 3 times.. he didn't even come close to jumping off the line like he did befor. Maybe if the STI had someone who knew how to drive in it, then it would have definitally been a different story.

Actually He Did try all three times just did horrible launchs

CelicaST-162
10-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by PsI

:werd:

RSRT-4
10-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
lol, who ever the driver of the STi was must've sucked ass. no way a STi would've loose to a stock talon. but anyways why do i care its only street racing. get some times in, and a better driver for the STi. then we'll see what you talon boys got to say.

When will you STI Lovers ever learn the car is not a god it is beatable by plenty out there , and all wheel drive is overrated

PsI
10-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Just get someone who knows how to drive in the STi, and no doubt the sti would win

That.Guy.S30
10-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by RSRT-4

When will you STI Lovers ever learn the car is not a god it is beatable by plenty out there , and all wheel drive is overrated

haha awd is overrated? wasnt that guys talon awd too?.. hahaah it all depends on the driver..

Shaolin
10-19-2003, 08:20 PM

Obviously you've never tried to keep up with an AWD car when leaving the Rally a few months back. Don't say it's overrated when you've never experienced the potential of AWD.

dsm69
10-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by PsI
Just get someone who knows how to drive in the STi, and no doubt the sti would win

I doubt that, i was taking it easy on him. but hey make all the excuses you want for the guy i still won easy driver or not:thumbsup:

hjr
10-19-2003, 08:28 PM

When will you STI Lovers ever learn the car is not a god it is beatable by plenty out there , and all wheel drive is overrated This is an ultra lame coment. in some cases, like a subaru justy, then yes, its probably overrated, but dont start spewing shit out of your mouth without at least clarifying your statement.
My theory is that your jealous. Shit, i would be too if i was driving a grand am.
RSRT-4 - 'oh ya, AWD is overrated, grand ams are under rated, my penis is over rated'. haha. Just kidding, but you are wrong and therefore cannot escape a flamming.

EK 2.0
10-19-2003, 09:13 PM

Obviously, not to sound rude at all, you have never sat in on an AWD Turbo Launch...one of God's Greatest Gift's to motoring IMO...:burnout:

RSRT-4
10-19-2003, 09:29 PM
I have and yes launches are better then front or rear but that's about it and it's good in the winter to but no the best thing in the world again it's a matter of choice:dunno:

PsI
10-19-2003, 09:38 PM
i choose STi over a talon anyday

googe
10-20-2003, 05:02 AM
I have and yes launches are better then front or rear but that's about it and it's good in the winter to but no the best thing in the world again it's a matter of choice:dunno:

Hahahaha, what? Youre saying that AWD is better than FWD or RWD, but thats it. Nothing else.

What else is there? 1WD? 3WD? :dunno:

Youre silly :D

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 01:09 PM

Hahahaha, what? Youre saying that AWD is better than FWD or RWD, but thats it. Nothing else.

What else is there? 1WD? 3WD? :dunno:

Youre silly :D im convinced my car is 1wd from the way it launches

4G63Power
10-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Obviously, not to sound rude at all, you have never sat in on an AWD Turbo Launch...one of God's Greatest Gift's to motoring IMO...:burnout:

I suddenly miss my Talon :D

Moe Man
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
guys these people arnt telling half the story the guy in the STI is a fucken idiot he doesnt know how to drive his dads car......when he raced the stealth that was a good take off but after that he was taking off at a grand........if you put a real driver he would have wasted it so dont talk bullshit

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 02:51 PM
First of all my car was in auto mode so when I droped the clutch at 2,500 - 3,000 rpm, my computer would cut the toruqe off. I was not able to get a good start, I would wait for my power to come back. When I raced my buddy with the steath I got a good start but with you for some reason I could not lunch the car at all. I was not aware of this since I got the car not too long ago, I know know that you must have it in manual and it will make it quicker. Beside you had over 1 1/2 car start on me off the line and I was still able to catch up too you.
So next you won't be so luck.
Second I never talk shit all night, so don't try to make it sound like I did, if you don't have the facts then don't talk shit. But you know what I guess it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day I am still drive my STi home. lol.
:burnout:

CelicaST-162
10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Transporter_RSX
First of all my car was in auto mode so when I droped the clutch at 2,500 - 3,000 rpm, my computer would cut the toruqe off. I was not aware of this since I got the car not too long ago, I know know that you must have it in manual and it will make it quicker.
Beside you have over 1 1/2 car start on me off the line and I was still able to catch up too you.
So next you won't be so luck.:burnout:

Yea man good luck next time....My question is. Is the engine even broken in yet? Before you even think of racing?

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Yea man good luck next time....My question is. Is the engine even broken in yet? Before you even think of racing?

Yes it is, I recently learned that the car needs to be in manual at 65/35 for lunches and it won't lock my tourque up.

Thanks.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Yes it is, I recently learned that the car needs to be in manual at 65/35 for lunches and it won't lock my tourque up.

Thanks.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 03:02 PM
The Sti tried and tried and tried...I mean he was driving hard, and just as hard as when he was with the Stealth...So...IMO the Talon won fair and square...

I really did race the way I raced the stealth because I could not get it lunch, so I honestly don't belive so.
but I guess we will have to find out.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 03:08 PM

It's not about how much you put into mods, it's the car you drive home. I read an article that talked about porsche owner getting beat by guys with regular cars that are done up and his final though was I still have a porsche that I am drive not a regular car with over 20k invested into motor.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
guys these people arnt telling half the story the guy in the STI is a fucken idiot he doesnt know how to drive his dads car......when he raced the stealth that was a good take off but after that he was taking off at a grand........if you put a real driver he would have wasted it so dont talk bullshit

First of all it's my car not my dads, and I just got it. It's taking me time to learn the car, I am coming form an RSX so please understand.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 03:19 PM
I may be a shity driver but stats don't lie.
Theare are other stats on their too.
Car and Driver June 2003
0-60 4.6
0-100 12.4
0-130 24.5
1/4 mile 13.2@103mph
5mph-60mph 5.8
top speed 145
braking 70-0 166ft
Noise level (dBA) idle 45, 70mph 74

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2004.html

syeve
10-20-2003, 03:35 PM
But you know what I guess it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day I am still drive my STi home. lol.

OWNED...hahahah

and yes, one day you will learn to drive you car and it will be another story. :thumbsup:

Shaolin
10-20-2003, 03:37 PM
dam, 21 years old and driving an STI? what the hell do you do?

PsI
10-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Told ya he didn't know how to drive it!

rice_eater
10-20-2003, 04:09 PM

Thanks.

what the hell is 65/35?maybe i'm not getting this right from your posts it seems like you have two trannys...auto/manual...so i'm gonna assume it's one of those auto trannys that you can take them out of drive and shift the gears yourself, but then you still wouldn't have a clutch like you said you did...wtf i confused :nut: also how does a computer cut the torque off :nut:

Akagi Redsuns
10-20-2003, 04:15 PM
Regarding the 65/35 I am pretty sure he is talking about the F/R (Front/Rear) torque split of the center differential. It can be auto mode (the car will decide how to split the power depending on it's sensors) or you can manually adjust how much power to send to the wheels. Pretty nifty system. The EVOs in Japan have a similar feature that didn't make it over in the US.

BTW, I would still have the STi.....even if a Talon beat it lol :)

THREE40SEVEN
10-20-2003, 04:15 PM
1/4 mile 13.2@103mph
So thats late 13's in calgary at about 98-99mph... HIGHLY dependant on the driver. Im sure it doesent take a huge amount of mods to hit those times with a talon.

thich
10-20-2003, 04:19 PM
i thought STi's were biased more to the rear wheels though? i remember reading somewhere that you couldn't go past 50 bias to the front...
i think he means 65% to the rear?

Moe Man
10-20-2003, 04:39 PM
i said he couldnt drive also.........so wheres the guy in the DSM that thinks he beet the STI

Akagi Redsuns
10-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Since the Imprezza is a FWD car, the tendency is to use the front wheels to carry more power....at least from a factory standpoint....that was the torque split of the older generation 2.5RS. I would think that you would set it to be as much rear as possible with a hint of FWD...maybe 30/70?? I wonder how adjustable the split is......to bad I don't have a STi and I can check for myself :)

The Diablo VT can only go 15% to the front wheels I am pretty sure....or at least close to that.

cocoabrova
10-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
1/4 mile 13.2@103mph
So thats late 13's in calgary at about 98-99mph... HIGHLY dependant on the driver. Im sure it doesent take a huge amount of mods to hit those times with a talon.
There was a slightly modded STi that ran at SS.......14.3 I believe:dunno:

EK 2.0
10-20-2003, 05:32 PM
STi driver drives amazingly well against his Syealth buddy...but with the Talon he suddenly cant launch or anything...Weird huh??...Yeah I think so...IMO

dsm69
10-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
i said he couldnt drive also.........so wheres the guy in the DSM that thinks he beet the STI

Im right here:D hey maby next time ill give him a longer head start;) just to let you know i was taking it easy on ya:thumbsup:

dsm69
10-20-2003, 05:42 PM
And ya i have lots of excuses too! insert here- BlaBlaBlaBla:nut:
If you learn how to drive next time you can put some money on your penus wagon, but i dont think that would be fare by that time ill have my 20g in:burnout:

4wheeldrift
10-20-2003, 05:42 PM

what the hell is 65/35?maybe i'm not getting this right from your posts it seems like you have two trannys...auto/manual...so i'm gonna assume it's one of those auto trannys that you can take them out of drive and shift the gears yourself, but then you still wouldn't have a clutch like you said you did...wtf i confused :nut: also how does a computer cut the torque off :nut:

The STi has a driver adjustable center diff that varies the torque split front to rear. You can manually set it to 50/50 or 35/65, or let the DCCD module adjust torque bias automatically.

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Since the Imprezza is a FWD car, the tendency is to use the front wheels to carry more power....at least from a factory standpoint....that was the torque split of the older generation 2.5RS. I would think that you would set it to be as much rear as possible with a hint of FWD...maybe 30/70?? I wonder how adjustable the split is......to bad I don't have a STi and I can check for myself :) Um no. The all wheel drive systems in the impreza 2.5RS and WRX (at least a stick) is biased 50/50 front to rear until something slips. The automatic cars are 95/5 split until something slips. There is a HUGE difference in the way the automatics and manuals drive.

The STi is driver adjustable from 50/50 front rear to 35/65 front rear, but it's possible to get the car to send all the power to the rear wheels for short periods, thanks to the DCCD.

EK 2.0
10-20-2003, 05:43 PM
GO BOY GO...

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:06 PM
And ya i have lots of excuses too! insert here- BlaBlaBlaBla:nut:
If you learn how to drive next time you can put some money on your penus wagon, but i dont think that would be fare by that time ill have my 20g in:burnout:

Can you please stop making it sound so fast, it's really not that fast. You talk to much trash, your the only person I had a shity lunch on... I have beaten every real car that tried to race me, like nsx, m3.
First of all you don't have 20g and I can buy 5 of yours cars for the price of mine. So I don't understand why you are making fun of an STi when you drive a talon?:werd: :bullshit:

dsm69
10-20-2003, 06:08 PM
First of all my car was in auto mode so when I droped the clutch at 2,500 - 3,000 rpm, my computer would cut the toruqe off. I was not able to get a good start, I would wait for my power to come back. When I raced my buddy with the steath I got a good start but with you for some reason I could not lunch the car at all. I was not aware of this since I got the car not too long ago, I know know that you must have it in manual and it will make it quicker. Beside you had over 1 1/2 car start on me off the line and I was still able to catch up too you.
So next you won't be so luck.
Second I never talk shit all night, so don't try to make it sound like I did, if you don't have the facts then don't talk shit. But you know what I guess it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day I am still drive my STi home. lol.

What kind of an excuse is that drive my sti home HA! it bugs you that i beat you doesnt it:poosie: thinking of trading in your overpriced penus on wheels for somthing faster? every one can make all your excuese that the sti is a better car blablabla the fact is mine is still faster:tongue:

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:11 PM
You can adjust the DCCD from Auto which control your tourque
distrubition and has a machanical and computrized control.
When you switch to manual you can adjust from 35 front and 65 rear, to max of 50/50. You get the fastest time switching it to 35 front and 65 rear.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:11 PM
You can adjust the DCCD from Auto which control your tourque
distrubition and has a machanical and computrized control.
When you switch to manual you can adjust from 35 front and 65 rear, to max of 50/50. You get the fastest time switching it to 35 front and 65 rear. The reason is your tourque doesn't get cut off.
So like I said for some wierd reason I could not lunch the car when I raced. I really bought that you can take on a stealth.

googe
10-20-2003, 06:14 PM
First of all my car was in auto mode so when I droped the clutch at 2,500 - 3,000 rpm, my computer would cut the toruqe off. I was not able to get a good start, I would wait for my power to come back.

Ok, I must debunk this. The STi does NOT do this. It does not do anything like this. I have seen 1.7 60 ft times with the DCCD in auto mode. Please read about your car and learn how the DCCD works, because it is not ghetto traction control like youre making it sound :)

It can be tricky to launch AWD cars without bogging if you arent used to it, so just accept that you need a little more practice. Nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with the ECU though.

Both of you should stop the little flame war though, youre starting to sound like the guys over at CSR. And Transporter, the spoiled brat attitude isnt very cool. If anything it makes you look worse because yes, like you said, you do have a better car, and you still got spanked. Dont hate on other peoples cars just cause you spent more on yours, not cool.:thumbsdow

dsm69
10-20-2003, 06:17 PM

First of all you don't have 20g ]

wana bet:D

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Please read the link below it explains how DCCD works.
So if your not 100% sure then don't BS

http://www.sti-buki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:26 PM

What kind of an excuse is that drive my sti home HA! it bugs you that i beat you doesnt it:poosie: thinking of trading in your overpriced penus on wheels for somthing faster? every one can make all your excuese that the sti is a better car blablabla the fact is mine is still faster:tongue:

First of all I don't think your car is faster, I can only blame myself for not being able to lunch it. What I am trying to say to you is that it's not always about speed. I can't see how you can compare your car vs the STi. It's not an excuese by me saying I that it's a better, it's just a fact. Sorry to brake your heart.

It's fine that you think my car is slow, you just don't have to put down a car that's out of your league.

googe
10-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Please read the link below it explains how DCCD works.
So if your not 100% sure then don't BS

http://www.sti-buki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6

I suggest you read that link as well. It in no way supports your excuse for having a poor launch.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:30 PM

I suggest you read that link as well. It in no way supports your excuse for having a poor launch.

Did you even read it all?
Explain to me what happens when the wheels slip?

EK 2.0
10-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Don't us DSMer's love starting shit??...Yes, yes we do...

dsm69
10-20-2003, 06:32 PM

and I can buy 5 of yours cars for the price of mine. So I don't understand why you are making fun of an STi when you drive a talon?:werd: :bullshit:

See thats the difference between me and you. you sound like a fucking nob that knows fuck all about cars just hands over the coin, id rather build my own even if you gave me $100,000 id still be driving a TALON and ill never forget the look on your face when i haned you your ass PRICLESS:tongue:

/////AMG
10-20-2003, 06:32 PM
OMG, this is still going on?:banghead:

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Don't us DSMer's love starting shit??...Yes, yes we do...

Hey thats fine but he doesn't need to start putting the sti down.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:34 PM

See thats the difference between me and you. you sound like a fucking nob that knows fuck all about cars just hands over the coin, id rather build my own even if you gave me $100,000 id still be driving a TALON and ill never forget the look on your face when i haned you your ass PRICLESS:tongue:

You handed nothing, I think you talk to much shit. You don't even know me so why do you make speculations when your the one that started bs and putting things into negative terms. I don't see that big of a deal, hey thats fine that you won, but you never know what can happen next, so don't get to far ahead of your self.
You know I am still learning my car so when I learn how to lunch it, I am sure it won't be a turn out like before.

CRXguy
10-20-2003, 06:46 PM

You know I am still learning my car so when I learn how to lunch it, I am sure it won't be a turn out like before.

All you had to say was he had the better launch and won. Take it like man! So keep practicing and kick his ass next time.

So much drama over nothing.

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

All you had to say was he had the better launch and won. Take it like man! So keep practicing and kick his ass next time.

So much drama over nothing.

I agree with you. Lets stop the drama.
:clap:

dsm69
10-20-2003, 06:53 PM

First of all I don't think your car is faster, I can only blame myself for not being able to lunch it. What I am trying to say to you is that it's not always about speed. I can't see how you can compare your car vs the STi. It's not an excuese by me saying I that it's a better, it's just a fact. Sorry to brake your heart.

It's fine that you think my car is slow, you just don't have to put down a car that's out of your league.

I took a car that was out of your league and put it ahead! for 1/4 of the price. what you dont like talons? i would of thought you would get to like the back end of one since you seen it so many times! you should see the front its even better than the back.
face it you got owned and not just once!

Im more than willing to race you again when you learn how to drive just not for free! just remember i was taking it easy on you. and i wasent puting the sti down just the cocky rich boy who drives it.

googe
10-20-2003, 06:54 PM

Did you even read it all?
Explain to me what happens when the wheels slip?

First of all my car was in auto mode so when I droped the clutch at 2,500 - 3,000 rpm, my computer would cut the toruqe off.

I am sorry, but you were not spinning tire with your AWD, Bridgestone Potenza RE070 Z-rated 225/45R17 tires at 2500-3000rpm. This is called turbo lag.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us_spec/subaru/sti/stock_dyno.gif

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 06:58 PM

I took a car that was out of your league and put it ahead! for 1/4 of the price. what you dont like talons? i would of thought you would get to like the back end of one since you seen it so many times! you should see the front its even better than the back.
face it you got owned and not just once!

Im more than willing to race you again when you learn how to drive just not for free! just remember i was taking it easy on you. and i wasent puting the sti down just the cocky rich boy who drives it.

This is what I mean about you, You where bunching it off the redline, I could hear it. I am not cocky rich boy everything I have I earned myself. So you get your facts stright. I never spun my tires that I know off?
Can you please stop the BS.
It's over.

Ebbsvette
10-20-2003, 07:02 PM
u people need to stop this pointless arguement.....the money spent battle is pointless......so u beat an sti...good....so ur car cost more than a talon...cool.....leave it at that......it was fun to read for awhile now its just old

but STI dude....nice ride. ive always wanted to test my launch vs a sti.....so far no car has been able to keep up with my launch, and yes i drive a rwd vette.......on cheap crap street tires my 60ft time is a 2.0......which is awsome for a rwd, with a stock motor...heh......but....ur in canada...and im in southern usa....so.....i guess i gotta find another sti....heh

Transporter_RSX
10-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I agree with you, their is really no point.
It was really for fun but it just got out of hand.

dsm69
10-20-2003, 07:28 PM

This is what I mean about you, You where bunching it off the redline, I could hear it. I am not cocky rich boy everything I have I earned myself. So you get your facts stright. I never spun my tires that I know off?
Can you please stop the BS.
It's over.

HEHE its called a "stutterbox" and its set a 5000rpm

;)

Stutterbox or Selectable launch RPM - Ever have the problem of not being able to control your launch RPMs while watching the drag race starting tree lights? We added a slight tweak to the clutch cut mod above - the ECU will store a separate rev limit value for when the car is stopped and when the car is moving. This allows you to, say, launch at 4500 RPM and shift between 6000 and 7800 RPM. But since launch speed can vary from track to track and day to day, we've made the launch RPMs selectable using a method similar to the gauge selection process above. You can specify five different launch RPMs