PDA

View Full Version : Deck from Soundsaround

celica girl
10-19-2003, 10:34 AM
I won $500 playing Cjay's Intuition snd I think I want to get a deck for my car. Can anyone recommend a deck that I can get from Soundsaround. I hear that Panasonic is the best. Please keep in mind I know nothing about car audio.

Thanks.

ACS-e36
10-19-2003, 10:56 AM
lol panasonic is crap
alpine or pioneer/premier

D'z Nutz
10-19-2003, 11:05 AM
ACS-e36 pretty much summed it up. Panasonic's all about flashy lights. Either Alpine or Pioneer/Premier would be the best bang for your buck. Not too wild about any other decks other than those two brands.

DUBBED
10-19-2003, 11:16 AM
get the alpine cda-9815....

best deck ive ever owned...

Ajay
10-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Pioneer.....definetly Pioneer!!

I've owned both Alpine and Pioneer and my Pioneer's have never had any issues with them. Granted my Alpine was a cheap POS low end model but still...Pioneer all the way. Stay away from Panacrap

celica girl
10-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Hahah... the guy I spoke to there told me to go for Panasonic...

illeagle
10-19-2003, 02:52 PM
i think pioneer's and alpines all look the same go for panasonic, but NOT sony

Weapon_R
10-19-2003, 03:05 PM
lol don't buy a $500 panasonic deck....

Get an Alpine. They are extremely high quality car stereos. If not Alpine, go for Pioneer Premier as already noted several times.

danricenguyen
10-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Nooo i got a Panasonic deck, they suck crap especially if you're looking for a MP3 player, I recommend the Alpine CDA series. :D A friend of mine has one and its awesome, be willing to fork out the extra cash for a good head unit though.

That.Guy.S30
10-19-2003, 04:13 PM
haha yea dont even think about the panasonic.. i had a ghost deck.. looked amazing but skipped like a mother fuck.. so i upgraded to a clarion. get an alpine they are worth the money.

D'z Nutz
10-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
i think pioneer's and alpines all look the same go for panasonic, but NOT sony

Yeah, but do you buy a deck for the way it looks?? No, you buy a deck for sound quality and features. Pioneers and Alpines have any Panasonic deck beat hands down. But you're right about Sony... Stay away from those as well. Very poor make quality.

theken
10-19-2003, 04:53 PM
alpine decks are horrible imo i had one, thing wouldn't stop skipping when sub control was up, brutal, now i have a panasonic and it never skips at all

hinggu
10-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey Jax, get a pioneer/premier. I owned panasonic before and premeir. The panasonic was not that great

ACS-e36
10-19-2003, 06:06 PM
ive owned 2 alpines and they were both AWESOME i wouldnt get any other deck. iv also had a pioneer and a JVC which is real good too!

boi-alien
10-19-2003, 06:15 PM
alpine

link785
10-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
ive owned 2 alpines and they were both AWESOME i wouldnt get any other deck. iv also had a pioneer and a JVC which is real good too!

Have you ever owned a Panasonic to be able to say they suck then?

I've owned 3 Panasonic decks tho, through 3 different cars. I was happy with every single one, never had any skipping problems, never had any problems at all. Not sure why people don't like them. Right now I have Panasonic's MP3 CD deck, with day/night faceplate, aux inputs for my DVD, etc etc etc. I'm VERY happy with the deck, no complaints about it at all.

Sure Alpine is a bit better (4V preouts vs 2V from Panasonic), but unless you're going to be running a really serious system (one for competition specifically), then there is nothing wrong with Panasonic, Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, etc.

Only ones I would stay away from are Sony (which aren't THAT bad either), Awia, Audiovox, and any other "cheap" brands.

Impreza
10-19-2003, 06:35 PM
jackie, go for a ALPINE deck, i have one and it is very good

ACS-e36
10-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by link785

I've owned 3 Panasonic decks tho, through 3 different cars. I was happy with every single one, never had any skipping problems, never had any problems at all. Not sure why people don't like them. Right now I have Panasonic's MP3 CD deck, with day/night faceplate, aux inputs for my DVD, etc etc etc. I'm VERY happy with the deck, no complaints about it at all.

Sure Alpine is a bit better (4V preouts vs 2V from Panasonic), but unless you're going to be running a really serious system (one for competition specifically), then there is nothing wrong with Panasonic, Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, etc.

Only ones I would stay away from are Sony (which aren't THAT bad either), Awia, Audiovox, and any other "cheap" brands.

wtf's up ur ass? i just heard repeated stories of them being VERY low quality and functions arent nearly as good as alpines and pioneers

Mr_John
10-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by link785

Originally posted by ACS-e36

wtf's up ur ass? i just heard repeated stories of them being VERY low quality and functions arent nearly as good as alpines and pioneers

no doubt. i think link needs to settle down a little bit.
I've had panasonic, pioneer, and alpine decks before.
I would definitly go either Pioneer or Alpine. I currently have a Pioneer Premier and its amazing.

That.Guy.S30
10-19-2003, 07:35 PM
ha link i have owned a panasonic ghost.. that thing skipped like a mother fucker so i believe i can say that it sucks.

xkon
10-19-2003, 07:42 PM
i had a panasonic awhile back, it was pretty weak, but then again it was a cheap deck
Ive had Alpine and Pioneer Premier, and they were ok... both got stolen though
Last 3 have been Kenwoods, they've been great! The face folds away, and if anyone steals it when its like that, its useless! I love them now

menace3
10-19-2003, 07:47 PM
ALPINE

civiclvr
10-20-2003, 11:30 AM
lol i'm bringing another to the table.. lol i've had Alpine and pioneer decks b4... now i have a JVC and i like it the best of all.. pioneer is all lights and whistles but no sound quality, Sony is all bump and skip... nothing else, Alpine make good head units... i like the CDA series so far... but i like my JVC more!! so go alpine!!!

Weapon_R
10-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by civiclvr
lol i'm bringing another to the table.. lol i've had Alpine and pioneer decks b4... now i have a JVC and i like it the best of all.. pioneer is all lights and whistles but no sound quality, Sony is all bump and skip... nothing else, Alpine make good head units... i like the CDA series so far... but i like my JVC more!! so go alpine!!!

I'll even vouch for ya. I owned a JVC deck before I bought my Alpine. Although no match for the Alpine (top of the line cda-7995), the JVC was by far an awesome deck. And before that, I owned a Sony, and to be honest I was happy with it too but both JVC and alpine were a lot better.

The funny thing is, i've owned pioneer, alpine, jvc, sony decks, and the only one that burnt with me was my first deck, an Alpine :). But I bought it used so it was partly my fault for not spending a little more and getting warranty and peace of mind. Now I have another Alpine, and it's the best, without doubt, that i've ever seen or owned.

EK 2.0
10-20-2003, 12:08 PM
I used to sell car audio...and IMO JVC's new stuff, and Kenwoods have ALWAYS rocked...If you have the cash gor for a mid-high end Excelon Deck, made by kenwood, they are fantastic...very feature packed...But the JVC's pack a lot alot alot of features for an excellent price point...Just remember what you ultimately wanna do with your system...other componets...subs, amp what have you...make sure your deck will keep up as time goes by...

sikh_n_destroy
10-20-2003, 12:23 PM
pioneer da shi t...
get tat its the best out there....
the one with dolphin display i dont remember teh model

bighead411
10-23-2003, 01:04 AM
as all the ppl said. i'll either go with alpine or pioneer. for the CDA series compare to 7400/7500. i think the alpine(i'm using CDA9813now) sound more dynamic. just don't go with the DEH5500(the one can play WMA and Mp3). the sound is kinda bad. i found the CDA-9813 kinda hard to set up, but it got time correction which is quite helpful i think(especially i put in a SUV). hope this help. also, my last recommendation is try to get a deck without auto flip faceplate. it's so easy to screw up. good lluck

403Gemini
10-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Alpine and pioneer are best, avoid panasonics like a bad STD. they are OKAY but not the greatest, peeps just buy em for show.

Hakkola
10-30-2003, 01:46 AM
Haha, panasonics suck!!!!!!

I've had an Alpine deck in my car for 2 years, never a problem, still looks new and the style doesn't look dated, I think mine cost just under 500 when I got it, so you'd be getting a pretty good deck. Get alpine or pioneer.

403Gemini
10-30-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Haha, panasonics suck!!!!!!

I've had an Alpine deck in my car for 2 years, never a problem, still looks new and the style doesn't look dated, I think mine cost just under 500 when I got it, so you'd be getting a pretty good deck. Get alpine or pioneer.

cause they pretty much been using same style for about 4 years now ;)

i like pioneer. not as much quality as the alpine, but definatly has the show feature which is most important to me heh :D

AutodreamMarvin
10-30-2003, 01:51 AM
i have a panasonic dfx-700u and my car and it sucks.
it looks cool, has features and all, but it didn't even come close to sounding as good or performed as well as my old pioneer premeir deck. my friends alpine cd deck even sounds better than the panasonic. and they don't skip as much and they play EVERY cd, unlike the panasonic.

if you ask me, go for a pioneer premier or alpine, my experiences with these decks have been very good.

Ben
10-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Panasonics top end deck is like Alpines mediocre deck. Alpine or Pioneer only :)

I know a Real Panaphonics when I see one (they blow) And dont go with Sorny or Magnetbox either.

Ah Homer.

Mike09
11-03-2003, 11:07 PM
I loved the sony deck I hade in my car. it was awesome and no problems either.

aftermarket
11-03-2003, 11:29 PM
do Alpine, I had a Panasonic deck from last year, fully loaded and all, but had problems always with playback of mp3's, don't ask me why. I tried everything and i fianlly got pissed off and sold it.

Pynch
11-06-2003, 08:49 PM
yea get an alpine.

A_3
11-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey, when i went to soundsaround to buy a deck the guy was all about Panasonic to me to, go Alpine or Pioneer/Premier

link785
11-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by xkon
i had a panasonic awhile back, it was pretty weak, but then again it was a cheap deck

That's probably the problem, people buying entry model decks and expecting them to be top quality. I currently own Panasonic's upper model MP3 deck, couldn't be happier about it. CD / MP3 playback, aux inputs (something Alpine put away with unless you buy the extra adapter), front/rear/sub pre-outs, and mute as well as pause, something I've noticed that is lacking on a lot of other decks (why would a deck have no pause button?).

I dunno if you guys are beating the shit out of your decks or something, but the previous Panasonic I had before this one, I've had for 2 years without a single problem. Had this current CD / MP3 one for about 6 months, no problems either.

I had a Sony deck once, wasn't too bad, but skipped over larger bumps. I had Kenwood deck once too, very nice deck actually, only thing that was annoying was no "pause" feature. And I tried a Clarion deck before I got my currect Panasonic deck. The Clarion happened to be just about the same price as the Panasonic, and what a piece of shit it was. Ugly as fuck, and had major static issues. I went back to A&B Sound, swapped it for the Panasonic, and have never looked back.

Anyone who says Panasonic sucks, sure, maybe you got a bad deck (happens, my Clarion was a bad deck), or maybe you're abusive on your faceplates or deck. I will agree, Panasonic decks won't take much physical abuse, where-as Alpine decks will. The only real advantage I see on Alpine decks are the 4V pre-outs, which again is not a big deal unless you're competing or running a huge audio system.

http://images.cardomain.com/products/pan/PANCQDF783U_1.jpg

boss9520
02-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Go for Alpine or Pioneer. Have owned both. Great quality and they last very long.

vtec
02-18-2004, 10:11 AM
i have the exact panasonic deck ^^^
the thing it lacks is the time it takes forever to read mp3
:banghead:

Fuji
02-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Eclipse decks are really good... but not sure if soundsurrond sells them.

Roaring G60
02-18-2004, 12:53 PM
nakamichi!!!!!

googe
02-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by boss9520
Go for Alpine or Pioneer. Have owned both. Great quality and they last very long.

man this thread was over 2 months old, i think she woulda spent her money by now