View Full Version : Review: TOWA sushi, on 21ave & 4st

urban_chic
04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Food: 10/5
Value: 3/5
Overall: 5/5

Your thoughts? What is your fave dish? personally its gotta be the avalance/alaska roll for sushi, and their dessert, tempura green tea ice cream...lol yummm

Appetizer: Ordered the agedashi tofu ($9)...it was pretty good, the portions are huge though...the tempura sauce was tasty.
Sushi rolls: range from about 11-18$ which is pretty reasonable imo. the rolls are pretty huge relative to what the other sushi places serve. there are about 7-8 pieces per order i think. The presentation was impressive. The favourites were avalanche, alaska, spicy tuna, and black & white roll.
We also ordered the tempura udon ($12), a lil bit pricey on my end...& im not sure about the taste. It was too sweet for a soup. Nonetheless it was still great.

We also ordered the tempura green tea ice cream..as i recall there were 4 scoops of ice cream for $9...it was really good!!

friendly staff, great location, great ambience, would definitely go again.

hmm wut else...ill add more info in if i remember

KRyn
04-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Much better review now!

pinoyhero
04-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Are all their creative rolls still hockey puck size?

Sorath
04-11-2009, 08:03 AM
my fav are the black and white rolls

Lagerstatten.ca
04-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I like TOWA sushi as well, but only for their sushi/sashimi. The rest of their menu is a bit off too me (ie, all the cooked food).

Their teriyaki chicken is blah, it's way too sweet and only comes with one bowl of rice (when it should come with 4 or something since the plate is so big).

However TOWA is much better than Hana or Kawa which are also on 4th Ave SW.

jsn
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Towa is one of my favorite places for rolls. +1 for black and white rolls

SteveMo600
04-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Are all their creative rolls still hockey puck size?

Madante, every special roll I've ordered has been big. Much different than Globefish but I actually prefer TOWA. Presentation is awesome and unless I'm really hungry, 1 roll will fill me up.

Recommend the towa special.

Kozikman
04-11-2009, 09:43 PM
i fail

petoria
04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
towa is highly overrated...

Ripper
04-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I went there once and enjoyed it, but Globe still gets my regular business.

pinoyhero
04-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SteveMo600

Madante, every special roll I've ordered has been big. Much different than Globefish but I actually prefer TOWA. Presentation is awesome and unless I'm really hungry, 1 roll will fill me up.

Recommend the towa special.

Haha Kami. The monster rolls SUCK! Serious how does one eat those? Id far rather smaller rolls you can eat and get two of them for variety. Seriously though ... how do you eat those monsters, just ram them in?

The_Rural_Juror
04-13-2009, 01:16 PM

how do you eat those monsters, just ram them in?

That's what she said.

urban_chic
04-13-2009, 01:40 PM

Haha Kami. The monster rolls SUCK! Serious how does one eat those? Id far rather smaller rolls you can eat and get two of them for variety. Seriously though ... how do you eat those monsters, just ram them in?

To each his own

szw
04-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I used to be a fan of the large sized rolls but now I prefer authentic japanese style daintly little pieces. That shit gets expensive though as compared to just gigantic rolls that make you look like a retard while eating them. I'm sure some people can eat them normally but I either stuff them in my mouth and try to down them or try to take a bite but end up with seaweed hanging out of my mouth and the other half of the roll fallen down onto the plate. Still tastes pretty good though.