PDA

View Full Version : boost issue.. please help!

Mista.2
04-05-2009, 12:49 AM
hey guys, ok so first off i have a 92 JDM turbo.
im running an open wastegate, i had the vacuum line going to the map sensor tapped off to prevent fuel cut,
i reconnected it because i was having to issues with starting, but anyways i was driving around and went around a corner boosted around a corner and the gauge hit 10-12 psi
then i couldnt boost at all,
so i thought i might have hit fuel cut, i disconnected battery for 30seconds and reconnected it and still feels like im hitting fuel cut...
ive unplugged the vacuum line going to the map sensor and plugged it with a bolt and still nothing, has anyone else had this problem??
if someone has some advice id really like to hear it!

Thanks everyone!
Enver.

thinmyster
04-05-2009, 01:30 AM
do you have an aftermarket boost gauge? my first guess would be a vacuum leak

Redlyne_jr
04-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Stock fuel cut is like at 15PSi and you hit it at 12? im guessing its not Fuel cut.. Pull The EFI fuse for a minute or two see what that does.. other than that i would agree with the Myster^^ look for any hoses that could have come loose.. check for a vacuum leak:dunno:

Moezer
04-05-2009, 01:51 AM
XD

Ashkente
04-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Moezer
u should take it in and check ur engine computer at autovalue or somewhere your computer might be frozen and wont restart even if u disconnected the battary ur system might be running on the old settings have ur car computer reset, i put an intake on my car and my computer froze it wouldnt reset it self and my car felt like it was choking when i pressed the gas fully, i took it in to this guy and he reset my computer and now it runs normaly and my check engine light went off as well

:facepalm:

Don't post if you have no idea what you're talking about..

Moezer
04-05-2009, 02:59 AM
my bad AshKente im new :( just getting in to this car stuff:banghead:

Mista.2
04-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~
Stock fuel cut is like at 15PSi and you hit it at 12? im guessing its not Fuel cut.. Pull The EFI fuse for a minute or two see what that does.. other than that i would agree with the Myster^^ look for any hoses that could have come loose.. check for a vacuum leak:dunno:

yeah what i saw was 12 i think lol.. but ill try pulling that fuse. and then ill try checking the gauge for a vacuum leak.

RZRSHARP_SVX
04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
check your intercooler pipes. maybe you blew one off. thats what I'm thinking if your not getting any boost.

thinmyster
04-05-2009, 12:10 PM
if an ic pipe blew off completely your car would stall out. You would be looking fora minor leak.

Redlyne_jr
04-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
if an ic pipe blew off completely your car would stall out. You would be looking fora minor leak.

touche;)

mr2mike
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok there's a few things I see wrong with your post.

Open Wastegate? Is that an external wastegate? If so, what upgrades are you running?

Boosting around a corner is the fastest way to get into a spin with that car. Don't do it in wet weather, at ALL! Stock boost maybe but if you hit 16psi on a corner, you can lose it with no warning.

Sounds like you had some heatsoak on your IC? Is your IC fan working? What IC?

This then sends the ECU into bad gas mode and you have less power and performance until the knock sensor doesn't see any mroe knock for a set amount of time.

Could be just luck that you had some bad gas. That would make boosting not happen for the duration of the tank. Does the problem go away eventually?

How old are your ignition components? Cap, rotor, wires, plugs.

gregrego
04-13-2009, 02:49 AM
I was forced to fill with Husky, (only gas station around) i used thier 94, but the engine hated it and it sputtered, missed etc, so i had to go back to stock boost until i ran the fuel out. Could you have filled up with an ethanol blend?

Also, why did you disconnect your wastegate completely?? Just to get unlimited boost? And you do have an aftermarket boost gauge ? or boost controller of some sort? You should first return all those vac lines to where they should be. I am running 20 psi using a boost controller, and i still have my wastegate teed to the dual solenoid controller and the other input/output of the wastegate is plugged as well as the source vac line from the manifold.