PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ticket!!!

Impreza
08-17-2002, 11:49 PM
i got a ticket from imperial parking because my ticket was upside down on the dash!!! it was stupid on my part but is there anyway to fight it?? my ticket was for the whole day so is there anyway i can argue?? or am i juss screwed

Ferio_vti
08-18-2002, 12:12 AM
There's a number you can your fax ticket to. Check the ticket they gave you, there should be a phone number you can talk to someone about it.

D'z Nutz
08-18-2002, 01:00 AM
It's a little known fact, but if you've never received a ticket from Imperial Parking before, there's a pretty good chance that you can get your first ticket from them void. Just call up the number on the ticket and explain your story to them.

Apparently they'll void your first ticket because it's a freeby.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-18-2002, 01:09 AM
cant you just rip the ticket up because they are a private corperation and not part of the city ???
i heard you can not pay and they cant do anything about it

celica girl
08-18-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
cant you just rip the ticket up because they are a private corperation and not part of the city ???

Just make sure you never park in an impark lot again or they just might tow you for unpaid tickets...
It's their property... so I think they can do what they want...

bol
08-18-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

They can tow your car the next time you park in one of their lots...

D'z Nutz
08-18-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by celica girl

Just make sure you never park in an impark lot again or they just might tow you for unpaid tickets...
It's their property... so I think they can do what they want...

Not exactly... Impart itself isn't allowed to tow your car. Of course, this doesn't mean that your car can't be towed. They actually call the city and have them take care of the car for them.

Whether they tell the city if you have any outstanding fines with them I don't know (but I would assume they do).

REdOX
08-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Don't pay it... I've known so many people that don't pay them the first time. Just make sure next time you park at an Impark you pay or else they'll have your license plate number on their database.

You might want to call them first. I doubt that it says anything on the ticket about it having to be right side up. It probably only states to have it clearly visible.

And if they don't clear it for you then tell them to f*ck off and don't pay a cent.

Ferio_vti
08-18-2002, 09:29 PM
If you don't pay, they'll start calling you at home (via a collection agency) and bother you constantly. If you have enough tickets, they can put it against you on your personal credit.

And, no they can't tow you. Only the Police are allowed to tow cars, with good reason. But they won't tow cars for Impark

Dope Dealer
08-18-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
i got a ticket from imperial parking because my ticket was upside down on the dash!!! it was stupid on my part but is there anyway to fight it?? my ticket was for the whole day so is there anyway i can argue?? or am i juss screwed

My sister got one like this a while back, her's was upside down or something also. She explained and they didn’t care to listen (She even faxed it in). They kept sending her letters and then threatened to take her to court if she didn’t pay the fine. After the court letter, they haven't done anything and we haven't heard from them since (2-3 months ago or so).

D'z Nutz
08-18-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
And, no they can't tow you. Only the Police are allowed to tow cars, with good reason. But they won't tow cars for Impark

Impark gets the city to do all their towing.

ManHunter
08-19-2002, 12:02 AM
I never paid my Impark ticket. And now I have a collection agency calling me 3 times a day, everyday. They've been calling for the last 2 months.

The original ticket was 35$. But I put it with some papers and forgot about it. Then I got a notice in the mail saying the fine had been bumped to 70$ because it was late. No warning, no "payment is overdue". Fuck that! So I decided I wasn't gonna pay 70$ because I parked 2 1/2 hours in a supermarket parking lot with a 2h limit.

Now I'm waiting until the collection agency racks up enough dollars in time wasted by their employees trying to phone me and decides it's not worth it anymore. :)

The phone ringing every evening can get annoying... But I'm not gonna pay it just on principle. 70$ for a parking ticket is a racket.

MH

2000impreza
08-19-2002, 12:40 AM
i got one sometime last year. i just siad fuck it. never paid it. they didn't bother me or anything. my friend on the other hand got one same day i did. he didn't pay his and he got another one in the mail for double..... so who knows...

B17a
08-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Talk about inconsistent. I got one, threw it away and never heard from them. I advised a friend of mine to do the same with his Impark ticket and now they're hounding him! I wonder if they just do random harassments!?

CRXguy
08-19-2002, 11:32 AM
I received a couple phone calls, and got one of their gay letters. That was 5-6 months ago, and nothing ever since.