PDA

View Full Version : RSX Owners

RSeXy
10-19-2003, 02:17 PM
I always feel a breeze seeping through the door handles when the sunroof is open. Is this a normal thing? Or should I take it to the dealership?:dunno:

max_boost
10-19-2003, 03:10 PM
LOL
Close the sunroof then :D

Zephyr
10-19-2003, 03:20 PM
uhhh wind circulation around the entire cabin so u feel breeze from all places?

CRXguy
10-19-2003, 03:43 PM
^^^

that's what i was thinking. girls!!! :rofl:

RSeXy
10-19-2003, 04:26 PM
uhh..NO! it comes directly from the door handles. When my mom has her sunroof open there is no draft.

that's what i was thinking. boys!!! :rofl:

vtec96
10-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Well..it's normal....
I don't know why..but a lot of RSX owners have the some problems..

TegLover
10-19-2003, 06:52 PM
i got that too

92 Teg-B18A
10-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I've got the same thing with my S. The door handle doesn't seal so the wind gets behind it and makes noises. Common and slightly annoying. Then you down shift and hear that i-VTEC sing and it's all good :drool:

Weapon_R
10-19-2003, 08:19 PM
I'm still left to wonder what opening the sunroof has to do with a door handle.

szw
10-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Air goes in thru the sides of the sunroof into the 'frame' of the car...gotta come out somewhere.

my-donair-tc
10-19-2003, 08:52 PM
it's just bad weather stripping it could be a recall. go to the dealer and ask

syeve
10-20-2003, 09:57 AM
I've never noticed that, I will check next time I drive

diycx
10-20-2003, 12:27 PM
when you open the sunroof air is getting sucked out of your car. Have you guys ever seen old movies where a window or door gets knocked out on an airplane and everything starts getting sucked out. This is the exact same concept, air is being sucked through your door handles because of the lower pressure inside your car. Same thing happens in my friends G1('90) inegra.
peace

sml
10-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by diycx
when you open the sunroof air is getting sucked out of your car. Have you guys ever seen old movies where a window or door gets knocked out on an airplane and everything starts getting sucked out. This is the exact same concept, air is being sucked through your door handles because of the lower pressure inside your car. Same thing happens in my friends G1('90) inegra.
peace

So, there's less air pressure INSIDE your car vs outside your car??? Which fundamental law of physics states this? :confused:

There's more pressure inside the cabins of airplanes because:
1) cabins are pressurized
2) air pressure is lower at higher altitude (30,000 feet above sea level when you're in an airplane)

Now you know the facts vs fiction! :rolleyes:

gpomp
10-20-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by diycx
peace
Your friend's cabin is pressurized?

syeve
10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Your friend's cabin is pressurized?

:rofl: :rofl: I wanna see this!

rage2
10-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by sml
So, there's less air pressure INSIDE your car vs outside your car??? Which fundamental law of physics states this? :confused:
When the car's moving with the sunroof open, as the air passes over it, a small low pressure area is created near the opening, which is why stuff gets "sucked" out.

Same theory happens underneath the car. By channeling the path properly and increasing the air velocity at the rear exit, you can create a vaccuum under the car (downforce without wings) :).

Back to the original question, one of my cars does this too with the windows down. Can't remember which one. Feel air coming from door handles.

tommy1223
10-20-2003, 01:14 PM
maybe u can try to screw tha handle part in more if there is plastic piece. on my integra it got lose and rattles and has a small draft throguh it but i dotn mind, it's not a classy car or made to be sound proof or anything. u get what u get for the money u spend.

92 Teg-B18A
10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't know if it has anything to do with the sunroof being open. I think I've heard it when it's closed too. It's that the air isn't flowing smoothly over the outside door handle and it's creating a sound.
or I could be crazy....I dunno :dunno: